Zach Hurt C. Martin.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Hurt C. Martin....

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
Jets coach Herman Edwards made a striking revelation yesterday about Curtis Martin's current health. "At what percentage is Curtis playing at right now?" Edwards asked rhetorically. "Maybe half. He's banged up. He's hurting." Martin suffered an undisclosed right knee injury in the second week of the season when Miami LB Zach Thomas leg-whipped him near the goal line, and he hasn't been himself since. It's believed he might have to have offseason surgery on the knee because of a ligament tear.
-- New York Post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/12/09/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

I was wondering why he has been so subpar.

hdjetta6316 said:
Jets coach Herman Edwards made a striking revelation yesterday about Curtis Martin's current health. "At what percentage is Curtis playing at right now?" Edwards asked rhetorically. "Maybe half. He's banged up. He's hurting." Martin suffered an undisclosed right knee injury in the second week of the season when Miami LB Zach Thomas leg-whipped him near the goal line, and he hasn't been himself since. It's believed he might have to have offseason surgery on the knee because of a ligament tear.
-- New York Post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/12/09/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

This could just be herman looking for a scapegoat to save his job

hdjetta6316 said:
He needs a whole heard for that sorry team...

true :lol:

BaaBaa curtis have you any whool? Yes coach yeas coach I can save your season still, 1 win vs miami before chad went away, 2 for our lucky game vs tampa bay, 3 when I help us beat New england coach edwards its your lucky day

I have no clue where that came from but I think that was a solid rendition of the nursery rhyme

Too bad, I have some respect for Martin even if he is a Jet. Any guy that can run as hard as he does at that age deserves some props in my book.

dolphan117 said:
Too bad, I have some respect for Martin even if he is a Jet. Any guy that can run as hard as he does at that age deserves some props in my book.

Same here he is the ZT of the Jets

he is the heart and soul of that team and a great player and a nice guy

dolphan117 said:

I agree with you on that one.

dolphan117 said:

Me too. Martin is one of my favorite backs in the league. I really hope he will hit 1000 yards for the last time this year (because they may get Bush).

hdjetta6316 said:
-- New York Post

That and the Ol is so beat up and can't open up any holes. It's a shame, Curtis could still set the record fopr most consecutive 1,000 yd seasons to start a career(he's currently tied w/ Barry Sanders) but it sounds like he may be shut down for the season and need surgery.

He's been a great player for a long time and he's never been a jerk like T.O.Is rare to see these days and is refreshing so I give him props for that.

Ozzy rules!!

nyjunc said:
That and the Ol is so beat up and can't open up any holes. It's a shame, Curtis could still set the record fopr most consecutive 1,000 yd seasons to start a career(he's currently tied w/ Barry Sanders) but it sounds like he may be shut down for the season and need surgery.
I hope he gets the 1,000 yards, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Herman is one, accusing Zach of being a dirty player I'm mean a "Lge Whip" that's a penalty right? And two showing example of how he makes bad decisions as a coach - why is Martin still playing if he needs surgery when he's on a team with NO chance for the playoff? Yes Martin is a class act.

he was always my favorite martin, i dont think hell get 1000 again.

Alex22 said:
This could just be herman looking for a scapegoat to save his job
lol...

Son't know if it will work, since he has not done anything to help the running game, or sat CM down because of it...

ATS16 said:
Herman is one, accusing Zach of being a dirty player I'm mean a "Lge Whip" that's a penalty right? And two showing example of how he makes bad decisions as a coach - why is Martin still playing if he needs surgery when he's on a team with NO chance for the playoff? Yes Martin is a class act.

When did he accuse Zach of being dirty? Did he say it was on purpose?

Back
Top Bottom