Zach impressed by Saban? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach impressed by Saban?

Toto

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Linebacker Zach Thomas, who was outspoken in his support for Bates as a coach and a defensive coordinator, met with Saban and said: "He's definitely a bright, bright guy. It was a good conversation. He's got a strong vision and I'm going to follow it."....

Looks like Zach is finally jumping on the bandwagon...

where was that from. He's gotta be positive his head could be on the chopping block.. I Love ya zach just messing with your psyche!!!!

Right, but his comments in the past wasn't as positive as this one!
It's just good to hear from a team leader and important for a successful progress in my opinion!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Zach was never off the bandwagon, all he wants to do is win!

Seriously. Its amazing how one sentence taken completely out of context can change peoples opinions of the guy....

Can't post the link yet. I need 10 posts first.
But it was from the same article of the PBP that had the news about Grantham beeing the new DC today. Just scroll down. It's in the "Noteworthy" section...

Toto said:
Right, but his comments in the past wasn't as positive as this one!
It's just good to hear from a team leader and important for a successful progress in my opinion!
Hey, I think ZT is a great player, but you're absolutely right, Toto. ZT was one of those who voiced his opinions. All that was asked of these players was to give Saban a chance. I don't think that's asking for too much!! :o

Waldop said:
Hey, I think ZT is a great player, but you're absolutely right, Toto. ZT was one of those who voiced his opinions. All that was asked of these players was to give Saban a chance. I don't think that's asking for too much!! :o

Exactly. Don't get me wrong guys. I'm a big Zach fan and he is one of my favourite players on the team. I was just happy to hear kind of a support for his new coach. Cause that's what we need right now!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Zach was never off the bandwagon, all he wants to do is win!

True, however there are some things he should keep to himself. Zach is a natural follower, however he has a mouth on him. Obviously he noticed that Saban is a natural leader and as such, he came away impressed and ready to believe in his philosophy.

Surferosa said:
Seriously. Its amazing how one sentence taken completely out of context can change peoples opinions of the guy....

I think one is enough, and I heard the comment and It wasn't taken out of context IMO. As a leader of the team you must keep an open mind to changes and keep the players up, and moving forward. I love the heart and passion that Zach plays with, but he has other responsibilitys to this team as long as he's a leader. I was not happy with his comments about the changes if he wants to win changes had to be made. Common sense tells you that. I'm glad he's changed his thinking ,but if he's gone I could live with that.

Zach has always been vocal and sometimes speaks out before his brain kicks in. Usually it has been in the context of "we really suck right now" or something similar when the team has gone through rough times.
You should take what Zach says with a grain of salt.

All passionate players need to buy into the vision of their coach in order to play with their heart. Zach is that type of player.

Toto said:
Linebacker Zach Thomas, who was outspoken in his support for Bates as a coach and a defensive coordinator, met with Saban and said: "He's definitely a bright, bright guy. It was a good conversation. He's got a strong vision and I'm going to follow it."....

Looks like Zach is finally jumping on the bandwagon...

A lot of people bashed Zach and Jason for their seemingly negative comments toward Saban. The way I looked at it was they were not so much against Saban as completely for Bates. They had worked under Bates for so long and loved him as a coach. Not because he ran a cupcake team and practice but because of how he related to them and how he got this team to improve and never quit regardless of our record. They respected, cared, and admired him and they didn't want to see him go. On the other hand, Saban came in here with no history with the players, the team, and very little history with the league. Couple that with the big money he was getting and all of the talk about Saban being a disciplinarian (which Saban has refuted) and I completely understand why they were against the move. I would have reacted the same way. I just feel that their comments were more in defense of Bates than against Saban. I didn't hold it against them but many posters did.

phinfan2003 said:
A lot of people bashed Zach and Jason for their seemingly negative comments toward Saban. The way I looked at it was they were not so much against Saban as completely for Bates. They had worked under Bates for so long and loved him as a coach. Not because he ran a cupcake team and practice but because of how he related to them and how he got this team to improve and never quit regardless of our record. They respected, cared, and admired him and they didn't want to see him go. On the other hand, Saban came in here with no history with the players, the team, and very little history with the league. Couple that with the big money he was getting and all of the talk about Saban being a disciplinarian (which Saban has refuted) and I completely understand why they were against the move. I would have reacted the same way. I just feel that their comments were more in defense of Bates than against Saban. I didn't hold it against them but many posters did.

Very well thought out and dead on! I couldn't have said it better..I completely agree..

Back
Top Bottom