Zach impressed by Saban? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach impressed by Saban?

Well, for those of you that said there would be lack of loyalty for Saban from the Dolphin stars, there you go. These are very competitive players, they are not used to losing, and all they want, is to finally play like a championship team in the big game.

All Zach and Jason want is an offense that doesn't put all the pressure on the defense. I think Zach sees that coming.

Superself said:
True, however there are some things he should keep to himself. Zach is a natural follower, however he has a mouth on him. Obviously he noticed that Saban is a natural leader and as such, he came away impressed and ready to believe in his philosophy.
That is the problem with ZT, is that he is a follower not the leader we all want him to be. I love the player (hell he is the only player's jersey I got and it was for my 3 yr old son, the next Zach!) and he is a main part of our D but he is not the Team leader we need and should not expect him to be. I am glad he is publically giving support to Saban as he his previous comments whether they be out of context or not have taken some of the shine from his PR image with the fans. To see that look at all the people saying he must go to understand how the fans didn't like his statements.

I think Zach is being smart he knows he can get be sent packing out of here. Smart move Zach but I'm on to ya buddy ;)

I hope Zach retires a Dolphin I would hate to see him go. He represents everything good about football with immense heart, passion and a true overachiever.

For all those Zach lovers, I still think Saban should start off with new players..All these Zach Thomas's, Jayson taylor players are part of a Jimmy Johnson Nucleaus and are firm believers of the gospel that Wanny has been feeding them all this time! Saban start your own clan by building around guys like Marcus Spears (who you already know and have brought up). Start building your own leaders...don't bring over the wanny era leaders. We have turned the page on that era! You can keep Taylor though because I think he's the real leader on D (then again if u can zach he might cry and want a one way ticket to elsewhere). But honestly Derrick Johnson would make a great leader..he'll be your version of Wanny's Zach Thomas! Let's do this baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toto said:
Right, but his comments in the past wasn't as positive as this one!
It's just good to hear from a team leader and important for a successful progress in my opinion!
I agree. It is very important for guys like Zach, JT, Chambers (the leaders) to genuinly buy into his program. The younger guys will follow their lead. If we were to completely pull a Panthers type turn around season, I would think that this is the first piece of the puzzle.

Look, anyone who has been a member of a college or pro team would know the bond that is created in a team situation like that. It was natural for ZT to support Bates. Bates was his coach for 4 years. They developed a good rapport and despite what some think, they have been pretty successful together. Bates scheme was perfect for ZT and vice versa. That being said, when the new regime is in place and if we are successful, the players will mostly all be singing different tunes....let's face it, none of us naturally like change...

Back
Top Bottom