Zach is BACK! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach is BACK!

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
One of the biggest knocks on Zach Thomas is that people like to say he's a product of the system. That unless "protected" he is only an average LB.

It's time for them them to start eating some crow! After week 3 here are his stats...

Leads the league in total tackles with 43
Leads the league in solo tackles with 27
Tied for 3rd in the league with assists 8
He picked up his first sack of the season on sunday, and has a forced Fumble.

Absent from these lists are the "GREATS" like...
Ray Lewis
Brian Urlacher

IF Zach can keep this up his detractors can no longer call him a product of the system. Rather, they will call him a great player. A few more years and Zach Could even be a candidate for the Hall of Fame.

Good Luck Zach!!!! From all of those who never doubted the guy with the biggest heart!

Zach is the man, a true Dolphin and I hope a HOF'er someday.

I didn't realize he left, he was injured last year. Hes always been great and now that bruschi is gone he's getting the attention he deserves. He should make the ring of honor in Dolphins stadium and HOF, but HOF when hes all old and stuff not when he's five years out. Thats just my opinion

hdjetta6316 said:
One of the biggest knocks on Zach Thomas is that people like to say he's a product of the system. That unless "protected" he is only an average LB.
Well, I am NOT stating to criticize Zack, he has been my current team favorite player for a few years now, but lets look at the facts...

The defensive system that we had before and now still protects the LBs from getting blocked by the OL...

Teams ran all over us last year, and he still was in the TOP 5 in tackles, still the team nor Zack could not stop opponents from rushing and controlling the game tempo against us.

Now he has again great protection up front in Traylor (so far an excellent pick up), as well as Holliday and others. The coaching staff has done an outstanding job on the Defensive Line. So he making the tackles where it counts now, either for a loss or very short gain...

Now you have Zack, where is is making or has the chance to make game-changing tackles, not just tackling 5 or more yards past the LOS...

I believe the system he has been playing in has helped Zack make big plays, not just tackles...

zach thomas is the man, plain and simple. he might not have the physical tools of ray lewis, but he makes up for that with the relentlessness and intensity that only he possesses. without him in the middle for us i don't know where we'd be this season thus far.

Zaack is off to a great start.

I'm a little concerned that he will wear himself down and get hurt later in the year at this pace.

Zach was never gone? He has been a stud every year, and yes, even last year with no DT's on our team.

I'd still like to see him not run into a blocker everytime he blitzes but other than that he's been outstanding in his field.....nyuck nyuck....:stooges:

zach is a top LB. People just cant believe it because of his physical attributes.

The "product of the system" arguments totally break down against Zach's performance. He is a dominating MLB in every system devised, with or without the big men up front. If Zach is a product of a system, than so is every linebacker to ever play the game.

he is one of the best linebackers in the nfl he makes the palys when you need him to imo hes better to have on the team then ray or brian any day and if he keeps up thsi performace it will eba nother trip to hawaii for him

Zach never left. He is the man and I REALLY hope the guy retires as a Fin. Unfortunately he seems to get over looked (like I've said before) cause he doesn't do back flips after every tackle (Ray Lewis). Another fact is he's doing it and he isn't the biggest LB out there..he's only like 5'10 I think.

Back
Top Bottom