Zach is BACK! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach is BACK!

And I STILL dont see any of those people who suggested he was a product or highly overrated or anything like that accepting any crow.

Zach Thomas is all class. I'm not sure if you have caught on to how much of a believer he is in coach Saban, but just look at his relationship with Saban, it's rather nice to see. It's genuine. I noticed it last night in that brief locker room clip.

inFINSible said:
I'd still like to see him not run into a blocker everytime he blitzes but other than that he's been outstanding in his field.....nyuck nyuck....:stooges:

Yeah, he blitzed quite often, but evertime he got stuck between 2 blockers. He will need to work on that pass rushing skill. Probably its because as a LB you are taught to always keep your hips parallel to the line of scrimage, and then straffe to the ball. In blitzing you have to turn your shoulders to be able to "slip" into the holes. By turning you make your self a smaller target. Hopefully he catches on.

Disnardo said:
Well, I am NOT stating to criticize Zack, he has been my current team favorite player for a few years now, but lets look at the facts...

The defensive system that we had before and now still protects the LBs from getting blocked by the OL...

Teams ran all over us last year, and he still was in the TOP 5 in tackles, still the team nor Zack could not stop opponents from rushing and controlling the game tempo against us.

Now he has again great protection up front in Traylor (so far an excellent pick up), as well as Holliday and others. The coaching staff has done an outstanding job on the Defensive Line. So he making the tackles where it counts now, either for a loss or very short gain...

Now you have Zack, where is is making or has the chance to make game-changing tackles, not just tackling 5 or more yards past the LOS...

I believe the system he has been playing in has helped Zack make big plays, not just tackles...

Good point. He's busting up more plays in the backfield and is now able to put pressure on the qb/backfield. Before he would read plays and commit to make a play but it would already be 5 yds. down field. Now he is making moves before the snap and playing alot closer to the line. He is taking on o-lineman believe it or not but is finding a way to slip through the cracks rather than taking them on straight up(that was so nasty when he came in for the sack and ducked under the LT on the outside) Zach is a soldier.

I still remember zach´s first game as a dolphin... i knew he was going to be special...in that game he put a huge hit on a patriot´s running back (don´t remember his name) but he broke the guys collar bone... and on that day ..he became my all time dolphin player (behind marino)... He is by far the all time greatest Lb in dolphins history

inFINSible said:
I'd still like to see him not run into a blocker everytime he blitzes but other than that he's been outstanding in his field.....nyuck nyuck....:stooges:
:yeahthat:

We have got to stop blitzing Zach. We got lucky yesterday on his one sack 'cause he was almost eating dirt when he came around the end. I just see him getting eaten up by blockers so easily (even by RB's who stay in to block). And he's so much more valuable as a tackler. I hope that we keep him from blitzing and allow him to go and make the plays as a tackler and pass defender.

I didn't get to see the game yesterday but from what I have seen when we blitz is that whoever is blitzing needs to learn how to either jump or get out of the way because it seems like their legs are always getting takin out.

Back
Top Bottom