Zach is still a Pro Bowl player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach is still a Pro Bowl player

BSQX4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Zach Thomas leads the NFL in tackles and is still playing at a very high level. The reason people take shots at him is because his high profile blitz attempts aren't really generating much success but he is still guessing the snapcount and causing alot of worry for opposing QBs. Let's be glad we have this super warrior and remember guys like John Lynch,35, are older than Zach and still kicking butt. I think Jason Taylor is also playing very well so let's get off our 2 best defensive players and put the blame where it belongs, the defensive backfield. It would help if Jason Allen got on the field and performed to the level he's being paid.

BSQX4 said:
Zach Thomas leads the NFL in tackles and is still playing at a very high level. The reason people take shots at him is because his high profile blitz attempts aren't really generating much success but he is still guessing the snapcount and causing alot of worry for opposing QBs. Let's be glad we have this super warrior and remember guys like John Lynch,35, are older than Zach and still kicking butt. I think Jason Taylor is also playing very well so let's get off our 2 best defensive players and put the blame where it belongs, the defensive backfield. It would help if Jason Allen got on the field and performed to the level he's being paid.

People that act like Thmas has fell off so much just don't watch the games.

BSQX4 said:

i agree 100% all the people talking crap about zach should get lost he is still our best player on defence and certainly one of the premiere players in the league, i am stoked that we have a player of his calibre on our team and hope he keeps going for another few years!

There is no question he has fell off a bit, but that happens with age. Is he a pro bowl player still? I mean iono, there are alot of nice young LB's in the AFC that "make plays" on a game to game basis. Zack is a tackling machine, and if he leads the league in tackles again, most likely that will get him in the Pro Bowl . . . he is also one of the smartest LB's in the game, if not the smartest . . .which has always been an asset for him being that he is undersized for a LB. The thing for Zack is that his weaknesses are really being exposed this year. His blitzing of course is TERRIBLE, not his fault, I don't know why we send this guy to blitz anyways, he just has no penetration whatsoever. Also his pass coverage this year has been sketchy. Zack is a premier run stopper, and I think this "hybrid" type formations have really hurt him. He is dynamic in the 4-3, and this team has players for the 4-3, I know the hybrid gives us a different look that teams need to prepare for both, but I think we need to stick to a 4-3, that is where Zack always had shined.

he is on pace for what? 160 Tackles. That isnt fallling off at all. He is doin good. He also has an INT.

He is on pace to have the same amount of tackles this year that he had last year and he also has one interception. I think he will make the Pro Bowl and is a future HOF.

BSQX4 said:

Yet another Zach's not washed up thread.

:shakeno:

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

If there is a need to start threads to defend Zach's play on the field...

then there must be evidence to the contrary fueling the argument.

Wake up, take the blinders off and smell the obvious.

Saban stated at his Press Conf. this week that ZT blitzing up the middle is designed to take away a blocker, and allow other guys like JT to face less blocking. He siad the first guy the Offense looks for in a blitz is the Mike LB. So he is stated he is essentially a decoy blitzer used to eat up a blocker. He also said much of the time is used to blitz that JT or DB are in coverage and they are still only rushing 4 guys. So it's just a schematic to confuse the Offense. Take that for what it's worth. I'm going to watch this more carefully tomorrow. It doe smake some sense, when you get the whole picture.

Here is Saban's Quote
On how often Thomas gets the chance to blitz in a typical game) – “It depends on the team and it depends on the pressures that we have. Like last week, I don’t think he blitzed – maybe several times. Sometimes we go five down. Sometimes he’s one of those guys. Sometimes he isn’t, but that’s really not a blitz. It’s just rushing. It’s a little different. He’s a very good blitzer if he blitzes. That’s usually the first guy they – if you’re the ‘mike,’ that’s usually the first guy everybody’s tied to.”

Originally Posted by Phanatical

timbowens95 said:
Why are you shaking your head?

Because this is like the 4th "Zach's not washed up" thread started in the last four days. I'm shaking my head because this thread is stating the obvious, the topic is ridiculous, and has already been beat to death. It's quite obvious Zach isn't washed up. :shakeno:

Phanatical said:
Originally Posted by Phanatical

Because this is like the 4th "Zach's not washed up" thread started in the last four days. I'm shaking my head because this thread is stating the obvious, the topic is ridiculous, and has already been beat to death. It's quite obvious Zach isn't washed up. :shakeno:

:sidelol: agreed I guess there isn't much that hasn't been talked to death already, Ummmmm....what about Ronnie and J. Allen being busts maybe there are no threads about that either?

I hate to break this to you guys...but Zach is WAAAAYYYY washed up. No one fears him. I don't care how many tackles he has. Hes not an impact player. He doesn't get many sacks or big hits that cause fumbles. He epitomizes our team. Good sometimes, ok at others, blown away when it really counts. Hes not a superstar. He should not be a HOFer. He has never led a defense to do anything super, like play great in the playoffs. Derrick Brooks, HOFer. Ray Lewis, HOFer. Zach Thomas? He is on par with John Offerdahl, Karl Mecklenberg, Bill Bergey. Good players, but nothing special. And right now, hes not even that good. These are facts, boys. Facts.

Back
Top Bottom