Zach is still a Pro Bowl player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach is still a Pro Bowl player

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I hate to break this to you guys...but Zach is WAAAAYYYY washed up. No one fears him. I don't care how many tackles he has. Hes not an impact player. He doesn't get many sacks or big hits that cause fumbles. He epitomizes our team. Good sometimes, ok at others, blown away when it really counts. Hes not a superstar. He should not be a HOFer. He has never led a defense to do anything super, like play great in the playoffs. Derrick Brooks, HOFer. Ray Lewis, HOFer. Zach Thomas? He is on par with John Offerdahl, Karl Mecklenberg, Bill Bergey. Good players, but nothing special. And right now, hes not even that good. These are facts, boys. Facts.
How can you say he isn't a HOF look at his stats and just because those linebackers won a SB makes them automatic HOFers.

i'm a huge zach fan and if saban is happy about his play so am i. that was interesting that he is a decoy blitzer, never thought about that and wondered where the creativity was. one thing thiugh just because you make alot of tackles doesn't mean your a good player. how far down the line does he make a tackle ? on 3rd and 2 he makes a tackle but the rb picked up 3 yds and the 1st. tackles are way overrated. i'm not referring to thomas here but any defender.

The only thing declining in his career is his speed. He isnt as fast as he use to be. Still the best damn tackler in the NFL.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
I hate to break this to you guys...but Zach is WAAAAYYYY washed up. No one fears him. I don't care how many tackles he has. Hes not an impact player. He doesn't get many sacks or big hits that cause fumbles. He epitomizes our team. Good sometimes, ok at others, blown away when it really counts. Hes not a superstar. He should not be a HOFer. He has never led a defense to do anything super, like play great in the playoffs. Derrick Brooks, HOFer. Ray Lewis, HOFer. Zach Thomas? He is on par with John Offerdahl, Karl Mecklenberg, Bill Bergey. Good players, but nothing special. And right now, hes not even that good. These are facts, boys. Facts.

WOW. Zach isn't an impact player? He almost always leads the team in tackles and seems to be in position and makes a play. Yeah, he doesn't get big sack numbers but how many middle linebackers get a lot of sacks? Big hits that cause fumbles? Whatever.

TampaFinsFan01 said:

Zach is too a Hall of Famer. His stats are better than those of Ray Lewis, and he doesn't have to jump around or murder anyone to get attention. :fire:

TampaFinsFan01 said:

Pfft you do know Zach is second all-time in tackles. Only behind Seau. Sorry I'll take Zachs 12 years than Seaus 16 years.

Roman529 said:
Zach is too a Hall of Famer. His stats are better than those of Ray Lewis, and he doesn't have to jump around or murder anyone to get attention. :fire:

He murders running backs. :D

305TillIDie said:
Great Player

Horrible Blitzer
your right great player,but he blitzes like a new born baby lookin for his mama's milk,, sticks his head right in the chest every time,its become comical in my circle of friends when zach blitzes.

I would like to see zach come out on third down and be replaced by yerimiah bell,, i think he could play the mike position well on third down,blitz or cover.

Zach is stil in the top three in the league in run stopping
Zach is terrible in any blitz package...as previously mentioned it is comical to watch him try to run through 300+ offensive lineman(I'm sure in practice he must manhandle our offensive lineman but how can you compare our offensive lineman with other teams who actually have a bit of pride.)

Pass coverage Zach has to be one of the worst I have seen(other than that fluke interception)Zach is usually so far behind his man it is very scary.

With all that said Zach has more heart than 99.9% of players in the NFL
and he is my favorite player but WHEN is the time to say good bye to Zach and his huge contract while he still has something of value left.

Do we get rid of him next year for draft picks and if so what will we get for him? Same can be said for Jason Taylor and his contract is even more obscene.Will anyone be willing to take over that contract?

These are very difficult decisions that will have to be made and will not be popular with us die hard fans.New England seems to have figured out when to drop,trade,release such highly paid players and it seems to have been very successful with all the new blood through draft picks and having 30+ million dollars available for free agents and draft picks.

MiamiRon

Sorry Phan I missed the point, you're a chick. Thought you were a guy. Sorry, miss.

Back
Top Bottom