Zach Miller to Fins ?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Miller to Fins ??

i wonder if we are going to get one of those te's rejects from the browns, since they are starting to bring in former browns now

Zach Miller would be a nice complement to Fasano...keep in mind he's a liability run and pass blocking; so depending on what Daboll's preference is with TE's Miller may or may not be a good fit

There's something called salary cap??? dolphins can't keep them both, either sign miller and cut fasano or do not sign miller, i don't see them sign him.

It would cost more to cut Fasano than to keep him this year. There's something called a signing bonus.. and if he's cut, the remaining prorated amount would escalate to this years cap...eclipsing his cap # if we keep him this year.

I think we all are like kids in a candy store when we see all this talent available out there, but we have to smart with our salary cap. We still have guys who are coming near the end of their "on the cheap" contract, and will need to be extended. We have to save some cap room to make that happen. Between the talk of a possible Braylon Edwards, Zach Miller, Kyle Orton. These guys are all gonna demand pretty sizable contracts, which limits our flexibility to keep some key pieces of our core homegrown talent.

I personally like Anthony Fasano, he's a hard nosed blue collar guy who plays hard, blocks well, and does everything they ask of him. Is he the talented receiver that Miller is? No. But let's not forget Fasano had 39 rec / 528 yds / 4 TDs last year. Now compare that to Zach Miller's 60 rec / 685 yds / 5 TDs. Giving the edge to Fasano as a better blocker, Miller is a better receiver, but is he $4-$5M better of an all around tight end? That's the important question to answer. Cameron Wake is scheduled to make $480K in base this year, If Henne plays lights out this year you have to sign him to a new deal as he's scheduled to be a FA next season.

I feel giddy at the thought of Miller playing with us, but I'd be shocked if they invest $7M in a TE when you have one that has proven to be not drastically less productive. Also with their vision of the role Clay will play in this offense, it becomes overkill IMO.

Zach Miller would be a nice complement to Fasano...keep in mind he's a liability run and pass blocking; so depending on what Daboll's preference is with TE's Miller may or may not be a good fit

Miller and Fassano would be a nice 1/2 punch

dude lit channing crowder up like a christmas tree when we played them...but good luck outbidding the al davis lead raidddddddassss

Not sure if your mistaken Miller for someone else but here's Miller lighting up Crowder over the years

2010 Miller had 1 reception for 6 yards I believe Crowder did not play

2009 no game with Oakland

2008 Miller had 4 receptions for 67 yards

2007 Miller had ZERO receptions

Not sure how Miller lit up Crowder...Maybe it was Madden

Back
Top Bottom