Zach Not A Finalist Again.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Not A Finalist Again..

What if you make five first team all pro teams?
It means you were the best Tackle Jacksonville had...it means you were the best tackle for 5 years. It does not mean you were an all time great.

Zach Thomas would be a 1st ballot HOFer if this was the criteria.

Lynn Swann had short of 6,000 yards...was 1st team All Pro once, 2nd team twice, Pro Bowl 3 times, 5,400 career yards. I'm sure I can find some WR with those stats who are happy to be in their team's HOF, like Mark Duoer and Clayton.

Terrell Davis...please name the three years he was the best player in the NFL.

1996 to 1998 Davis was the best player in the league. 5296 yard rushing with 49 TD’s. As for Swann he did a lot of his best work in the playoffs. If I was to go off stats During the time they played. I would put Art Monk in before them all.

1996 to 1998 Davis was the RUNNING BACK in the league. 5296 yard rushing with 49 TD’s. As for Swann he did a lot of his best work in the playoffs. If I was to go off stats During the time they played. I would put Art Monk in before them all.

-----
There you go...fixed that for ya.

I guess I'm still salty over over a 2002 late season game against the Vikings where Miami needed a stop to win the game on a crucial 4th down play. Our overrated defense lead by a certain overrated MLB failed to stop Culpepper on a QB keeper basically ending Miami's playoff chances.

That game, among many other times that defense and specific player failed to make a crucial play really cemented my opinion on the guy.

He just wasn't that good when it mattered. And because of that, shouldn't be in the hall.
I'm sure other individuals have gotten in the Hall of Fame even when they've had their share of moments of not making plays when it mattered the most. I can see where you're coming from. However, another thing to take into consideration was his character. I understand that a lot a stock is put in the statistics but I believe that the character of the player should also be taken into consideration. I feel like players represent the NFL not only on the field but off of it as well. So there's another way to look at it if the statistics and lack of important moment plays don't quite cut it.

The fact that people are supporting him not being inducted is an even bigger joke....

Agreed there's just too many HOF'ers with much less accolades than Zach Thomas for him to no be inducted.

The Zach was manhandled by another HOF'er in Kevin Mawae is a bad argument, his career achievements show's he should of been inducted years ago.

Zach Thomas deserves to be in the Dolphins Ring of Honor but players - in every sport, football included - don't *always* get in on stats alone.

Players who get big stats on losing teams get less consideration. Zach Thomas was a part of a defense that ALWAYS choked and had ZERO postseason success. He was a consistent, solid, smart player. He also fell short in big moments as one of the captains of a defense that consistently shrunk when it mattered.

Not shitting on the guy, but he was far from this ELITE talent - he made a lot of *not* splashy tackles. He was a good LB for us, glad I got to watch him play. Nothing more. Let it go.

Zach Thomas deserves to be in the Dolphins Ring of Honor but players - in every sport, football included - don't *always* get in on stats alone.

Players who get big stats on losing teams get less consideration. Zach Thomas was a part of a defense that ALWAYS choked and had ZERO postseason success. He was a consistent, solid, smart player. He also fell short in big moments as one of the captains of a defense that consistently shrunk when it mattered.

Not ****ting on the guy, but he was far from this ELITE talent - he made a lot of *not* splashy tackles. He was a good LB for us, glad I got to watch him play. Nothing more. Let it go.

This x1000.

It's not easy being impartial about a player like him on your favorite team. But fair is fair. He stays out of the hall and with good reason.

It’s criminal at this point. But when you have musty dweebs like Peter King determining this stuff, that’s what you get.

Back
Top Bottom