Zach Not A Finalist Again.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Not A Finalist Again..

Tony Boselli should not be on a ballot...ever.

7 seasons shouldn't be enough to mak wr you Hall of Fame material.

It was enough for Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers so HOF voters say otherwise.
They shouldn't have gotten in either...

How were they "famous" ?

Sayers played 7 years and had two 1,000 yard seasons. Davis played 7 years and had a good 4 year stretch...the last 3 years his rushing totals were 211, 202, 781.

The only thing I give them is that they had better numbers than Lynn Swann, who shouldn't have been there either.

Thomas over Seymour is puzzling to me. However, there were too many first balloters this year that clearly deserved it more than Zach. That's just the truth of it.

They shouldn't have gotten in either...

How were they "famous" ?

Sayers played 7 years and had two 1,000 yard seasons. Davis played 7 years and had a good 4 year stretch...the last 3 years his rushing totals were 211, 202, 781.

The only thing I give them is that they had better numbers than Lynn Swann, who shouldn't have been there either.

Terrell Davis is a 2 time Offensive player of the year, 1 time NFL MVP, 2 time SB champion, and 1 time SB MVP. Not to mention his 1st 4 years in the NFL only Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson rushed for more yards and no HB had more TD's the 1st 4 years.

From 1965-2018 Gale Sayers is one of only 5 HB's to be named to the 1st team all pro team 5 times or more. The other 4 HB's are in the HOF.

Sayers also had 2272 all purpose yds in 65 which lead the league, 2440 all purpose yds in 66 which lead the league, 1689 all purpose yds in 67 which lead the league, 1463 all purpose yds in 68 which was 4th (he only played 9 games), 1487 all purpose yds in 69 which was 5th.Lastly he had 56 total TD's in this time period which was good for 2nd most.

I would assume that's how they were famous.

Last edited:
What makes you think that?

I guess I'm still salty over over a 2002 late season game against the Vikings where Miami needed a stop to win the game on a crucial 4th down play. Our overrated defense lead by a certain overrated MLB failed to stop Culpepper on a QB keeper basically ending Miami's playoff chances.

That game, among many other times that defense and specific player failed to make a crucial play really cemented my opinion on the guy.

He just wasn't that good when it mattered. And because of that, shouldn't be in the hall.

Terrell Davis is a 2 time Offensive player of the year, 1 time NFL MVP, 2 time SB champion, and 1 time SB MVP. Not to mention his 1st 4 years in the NFL only Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson rushed for more yards and no HB had more TD's the 1st 4 years.

From 1965-2018 Gale Sayers is one of only 5 HB's to be named to the 1st team all pro team 5 times or more. The other 4 HB's are in the HOF.

Sayers also had 2272 all purpose yds in 65 which lead the league, 2440 all purpose yds in 66 which lead the league, 1689 all purpose yds in 67 which lead the league, 1463 all purpose yds in 68 which was 4th (he only played 9 games), 1487 all purpose yds in 69 which was 5th.Lastly he had 56 total TD's in this time period which was good for 2nd most.

I would assume that's how they were famous.
I would assume different. I would assume that they were "very good".

More "very good" HBs not in the HOF with better stats:

1. Roger Craig - 13,000 - 73 TDs - 1st running Back in the NFL with 1,000 yards receiving and rushing in the same season - 3 time Super Bowl champ - 2 time All Pro - Offensive POY - All Decade Team - 11 seasons
  2. Otis Anderson - 10,000 yards - 81 Tds - Super Bowl MVP - 2 Time Super Bowl champ - 2 time Pro Bowl -2 time All Pro - 14 seasons
  3. Ricky Watters - 10,000 yards - 78 TDs - Super Bowl winner - 5 Pro Bowls - 3 All Pro teams - 10 seasons
All better credentials than Davis and Sayers...and they aren't even mentioned in regards to the HOF.

Lynn Swann getting in without a 1,000 yard season let me know that 's a big suck-fest....

But Urlacher, who mirrors Thomas' career, is a first ballot HOFer. :eyepop:

Urlacher was definitively a better LBer - you can show me all the stats you want but if you actually watched both, and think Zach Thomas was just as good, you're lost.

Urlacher was definitively a better LBer - you can show me all the stats you want but if you actually watched both, and think Zach Thomas was just as good, you're lost.
How much better was Urlacher than Thomas...considering they had different responsibilities as MLB of their respective teams.

Stats aside...here are how the honors stack up:

Zach Thomas:
Brian Urlacher:
Where is the difference that made Urlacher "definitely" better than Thomas, to the tune that Thomas isn't even garnering questions about why he is stuck on semi-finalist.

Ray Lewis as well. He just doesn't stack up.

I would assume different. I would assume that they were "very good".

More "very good" HBs not in the HOF with better stats:

1. Roger Craig - 13,000 - 73 TDs - 1st running Back in the NFL with 1,000 yards receiving and rushing in the same season - 3 time Super Bowl champ - 2 time All Pro - Offensive POY - All Decade Team - 11 seasons
  2. Otis Anderson - 10,000 yards - 81 Tds - Super Bowl MVP - 2 Time Super Bowl champ - 2 time Pro Bowl -2 time All Pro - 14 seasons
  3. Ricky Watters - 10,000 yards - 78 TDs - Super Bowl winner - 5 Pro Bowls - 3 All Pro teams - 10 seasons
All better credentials than Davis and Sayers...and they aren't even mentioned in regards to the HOF.

Lynn Swann getting in without a 1,000 yard season let me know that 's a big suck-fest....

So we have fantasy hall of fame now. For one Lynn Swann is well deserved member of the HOF. He played most if not all of his career when wr got mugged until the ball was in the air. And If I recall he was all ready retired before they expanded to 16 games seasons.

And the one and only credential Davis needed to get into the HOF. Is that he was the best player in the NFL for a 3 year time span.

So we have fantasy hall of fame now. For one Lynn Swann is well deserved member of the HOF. He played most if not all of his career when wr got mugged until the ball was in the air. And If I recall he was all ready retired before they expanded to 16 games seasons.

And the one and only credential Davis needed to get into the HOF. Is that he was the best player in the NFL for a 3 year time span.
Lynn Swann had short of 6,000 yards...was 1st team All Pro once, 2nd team twice, Pro Bowl 3 times, 5,400 career yards. I'm sure I can find some WR with those stats who are happy to be in their team's HOF, like Mark Duoer and Clayton.

Terrell Davis...please name the three years he was the best player in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom