Zach Thomas...Future HOF'er | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas...Future HOF'er

Canadianbud4me

FinCrazyCanuck
Reaction score
The only reason I started this thread was to point out to some of the dolphin fans on this site, the accomplishments of Zach Thomas throughout his entire college and NFL career. There seem to be a few of us fans out here who believe that he was just a good linebacker, nothing more. Well, this link is for all of you fans that want to believe that Zach was only good, never great, and will not get into the HOF. Keep in mind, this is a man born into millions of dollars, who did not even have to play NFL football for a living. He did it for the love of the game and nothing more. Also, the fact that he is (to my memory) one the smallest MLB's in the last 15 years. He might not have his jersey retired, we all know that only 3 players have. He should , however be in the ring of honor, and should eventually land in Canton.....This link sums it all up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Thomas

I hope Zach gets Into the HOF he is a great MLB for his size he plays with his heart and not the Greed for money

he layed it on the line every time he stepped on the field and never complained about not winning and wasnt, a class act that will always be my favorite defensive player and yes definetaly a HOF

Zach Is A Hof!!!

IMO he's a shoe in for Canton but realistically because he didn't play in a huge market like New York or Chicago or bring alot of attention to himself like Ray Lewis he might be and will probably be snubbed!!!! We all know he definately deserves the gold jacket, let's hope these media turds don't shun ZACH!!

I'm curious as to what dolphins defensive records he holds.
I thought espn was saying the other day that he went to most probowls of any dolphins defensive player in history.

He was always up around the 150 total tackle mark. A real gamer, and a 5th round gem.
One of my favorite players for sure. Should be a HOF.

a definate role model for kids out there and one of the greatest dolphins to ever put on the phins jersey.

Borderline HOF. Definatley not first ballot. He was very good for a long time. How many pro-bowls did he go to, anybody knows?

Steve Atwater went to I think 10 pro-bowls. Was a very good saftey for a long time. But he's considered borderline also. Canton hasn't called his name, nor do I think they will for a long time.

Borderline HOF. Definatley not first ballot. He was very good for a long time. How many pro-bowls did he go to, anybody knows?

Steve Atwater went to I think 10 pro-bowls. Was a very good saftey for a long time. But he's considered borderline also. Canton hasn't called his name, nor do I think they will for a long time.

Zach went to 7.

If a player like Bob Kuenchenberg who played from 1970-1984....played in every Superbowl the Dolphins have played in...was a 6 time probowler....played with a rod in his arm during one of the Superbowls, can't get in after all these years...I have my doubts that Zach will get in anytime soon.

If a player like Bob Kuenchenberg who played from 1970-1984....played in every Superbowl the Dolphins have played in...was a 6 time probowler....played with a rod in his arm during one of the Superbowls, can't get in after all these years...I have my doubts that Zach will get in anytime soon.

Andre Tippett, Patriots LB, just made the Hall with his 5 Pro Bowls,,,,,Zach has two more pro bowls and way more tackles. :up:

IMO he's a shoe in for Canton but realistically because he didn't play in a huge market like New York or Chicago or bring alot of attention to himself like Ray Lewis he might be and will probably be snubbed!!!! We all know he definately deserves the gold jacket, let's hope these media turds don't shun ZACH!!

Market size means nothing. it took former Giant Harry Carson 15 years to get in and former Jet Joe Klecko still isn't close to getting in and he should be in.

Andre Tippett, Patriots LB, just made the Hall with his 5 Pro Bowls,,,,,Zach has two more pro bowls and way more tackles. :up:

Tackles are subjective and not an official stat and you can't start comparing Pro Bowls. I saw both players play and Tippett was a MUCH better player than Zach Thomas, Tippett got lost b/c he played in the same era as Lawrence Taylor.

bottom line Zach has more tackles then ANY LINEBACKER IN THE HALL OF FAME RIGHT NOW TODAY.

GET HIS BUS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if he ends up in the Patriots, Cowboys or the Colts, he will get the media hype he needs to be in the Hall of Fame.

If he retired now, would he be in the Hall of Fame? No. But those three other teams can get him the hype he never got in his 12 year career in Miami.

We have been that pathetic for that long. The Hall of Fame is another popularity contest.

Back
Top Bottom