Zach Thomas Hit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Hit

crazyzach said:
Thanks. I rarely post, but I do visit daily in search of the latest Dolphins news. I also enjoy reading the forum. Take care and Go Dolphins!

Hey man, my two year old cousin also has autism and I know what it's like to deal with that, I wish you all the best for the future. Also being stuck in North Carolina isnt all that bad, I'm stuck in Wales for goodness sake!!

Still nobody that can help me? Ive been searching for nearly two days straight now, getting a bit too obsessed :goof: I wont give up though!!

Thanks for the kind words. It is definitely a challenge having a son with autism. Zach is doing really well. He makes progress a little at a time. I have the '96 Dolphins/Patriots game on tape. I'd be happy to make you a copy and send it to you if you'd like. Take care and go Dolphins!

crazyzach said:
The hit you are talking about came against the Chiefs when Zach knocked the receiver into next week. The receivers name escapes me at the moment, but I'm positive it was against the Chiefs. I'll have to go back and watch the video tape I have of the game to get the receiver's name right. I can make you a copy of the game if youd like to see it. My collection dates back to the 1996 season. I have some vintage games from the 70's and 80's in my collection as well. My wife says I'm a sick man.

Go Dolphins!

Dude how about the 98 season I think. Pittsburg at Miami, thunderstorm I think we won 20-3 but they gave a handoff to the bus and Zach met him at the line of scrimmage and drovve him backward 3 yards on his arse. All I remember is that I could see Bus' eyes wide open as he's getting hit. I knew then we had something special in Mr. Flintstone.:evil:

crazyzach said:
Hey guys. I went back and checked and I was wrong. The Zach hit was on opening day against the Patriots when he laid out Jefferson. The hit I'm thinking about against the Chiefs was when Brian Cox laid out Harvey Williams on a monster hit. Both hits were awesome as well as the Bua hit. Being a father of two special needs children, I don't post as much as I'd like to and the one time I do chime in, I GET IT WRONG. For those of you who don't know much about me, I was born in 1966 and born to be a Dolphins fan. My wife and I live in North Carolina with our two little boys and my daughter. Both boys are named after Zach Thomas. Our oldest son Zach was diagnosed with autism shortly before the age of two. He is the picture you see when I post. Mason Reynolds Thomas Coffey is our youngest child. He was born with Achondroplasia, commonly referred to as dwarfism. We learned of Mason's dwarfism when he was 6 months old. Both boys are healthy and happy. Zach is making progress a little at a time. Mason says the Dolphins rule and the Jets SUCK. He will be attending his first ever Dolphins game with me in August when the Dolphins play the Panthers in preseason. By the way he says the Panthers SUCK too. Mason turns three in August. My oldest child, Whitney will be 15 in July.If my post has been too long winded, I apologize. I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit more about this RELIGIOUS DIEHARD DOLPHINS FAN, stuck here in North Carolina. Take care and Go Dolphins!

Hey man did you see the piece on the student mgr. (I'm sure you have) that had autism and came in and had like 22 points in 4 mins. of the basketball game? They played the piece on a show last week and it almost made me cry cause they had received letters from people across the U.S. that had children with the same illness. A cuople that were both basketball stars had a child that had it as well and said this kid was an inspiration to them. Good stuff man. Best of luck with your kids. I have two beautiful girls and I am blessed as I'm sure you are.

crazyzach said:
Thanks for the kind words. It is definitely a challenge having a son with autism. Zach is doing really well. He makes progress a little at a time. I have the '96 Dolphins/Patriots game on tape. I'd be happy to make you a copy and send it to you if you'd like. Take care and go Dolphins!

CZ, I got your mail bro thanks. Sorry you can't make it down to training camp this year I'll miss ya. All my love to the boys, come hang out when you can !

I have the Dolphins/Steelers '98 game on video too. Zach made two monster plays back to back in that game. He destroyed the bus on a running play, then he picked of a pass on the next play and took it in for a score. I did see the piece on Jason McElwain.My wife and I cry like babies every time we see it. It gives us so much hope for Zach's future. We want him to have as normal a life as possible. Hey Marty, I'd love to make it to training camp this year. Unfortunately, I'll not be able to make the trip south. I look forward to reading reports about camp on the message board. Take care all and Go Dolphins!

fin1 said:
Hey man did you see the piece on the student mgr. (I'm sure you have) that had autism and came in and had like 22 points in 4 mins. of the basketball game? They played the piece on a show last week and it almost made me cry cause they had received letters from people across the U.S. that had children with the same illness. A cuople that were both basketball stars had a child that had it as well and said this kid was an inspiration to them. Good stuff man. Best of luck with your kids. I have two beautiful girls and I am blessed as I'm sure you are.

His name is Jason McElwain brother. if you go to you tube they will show the piece that the nba did on him. its nice. just search for jason mcelwain

PhinfanUK said:
Has anyone got a link to the video where Zach knocks a WR out? I think it was in his rookie season againts the patsies, the guy was unconscious before he hits the ground.
Can you believe I have to prove to a guy why Zach is better than Shelton Quarles? :eek: Some people I swear!!

It was Zach first NFL game as a rookie in 1996 and it was against the Patriots. Patriots WR Shawn Jefferson was on a reverse (I believe) and then tried to cut back against the pursuit. He was just getting ready to cut when Zach absolutely laid him out. Jefferson was unconscious and when he came to he was asking for his high school coach.

I have the game on VHS, but I don't have a link to it. Sorry dude!

crazyzach said:
I have the Dolphins/Steelers '98 game on video too. Zach made two monster plays back to back in that game. He destroyed the bus on a running play, then he picked of a pass on the next play and took it in for a score. I did see the piece on Jason McElwain.My wife and I cry like babies every time we see it. It gives us so much hope for Zach's future. We want him to have as normal a life as possible. Hey Marty, I'd love to make it to training camp this year. Unfortunately, I'll not be able to make the trip south. I look forward to reading reports about camp on the message board. Take care all and Go Dolphins!

Dude that was the meanest hit I've ever seen. Didn't cecil run all over them that game as well?

Back
Top Bottom