Zach Thomas Losing a Step? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Losing a Step?

well we just have guys better suited for coverage i believe......... I usually like to use my OLB in Dime formations anyway... Crowder should be the guy in those situations if you ask me.

Great choice. We need faster LB in a coverage situation anyways.

I don't think it is neccesarilly losing a step but Porter and Crowder are just younger fast LBs who are more suited to coverage. Zach has never been spectacular at coverage and people blame it on his age nowadays when he gets burnt for a first down or something. I remember people complained that Zach was getting old when we opened against the Steelers last year and he couldn't catch up to Heath Miller on a long scoring TD. I was thinking- you know Zach has never been the fastest guy but who are you going to take in a pure footrace like that? A second year old sub 24 year old TE or Zach?

i couldent agree more with you , the day that zach cant bring down a RB then hes losing a step , he has never been good in coverage, and now that we have porter we dont ahve to expose that

I think its more to keep him healthy throughout the season, the guy gives up his body like no player I have ever seen.

I agree... He hasn't lost a step or any skill, it may just be a package. It doesn't even mean it will be during the season Dom is playing with his new packages/players.

EVERYONE HAS TO BLOW STUFF OUT OF PROPORTION...

Christ people are overreacting on a few days of minicamp now?:shakeno:

thomas isnt declining and i expect him to have another monster year...it seems as if he has been improving each year

:sidelol:

This guy from the Palm Beach Post is really bad. I would flag his articles as "rumors". It was an April mini-camp. Where was JT all the time? He was out that one day. Are you sure he too isn't losing a step? LOL.

Palm Beach Post = Conclusion Jumpers

Don't smack on Bedard. He does a good job and his blogs are some of the best updates we have. All he said was the Dolphins might be trying to reduce his load. Myself and others are conjecturing about his being less suited for the coverage packages.

Personally, I'm thankful to get such great coverage from Bedard and the Post. If you been following the fins for a while you really start to appreciate all of the additional information and analysis writers give in the blogs.

If Zach's performance last year is a sign of him taking a step back, he'll still be a pro-bowler when he's a washed up hasbeen.

I think it would be GENIOUS to get him off the field in nickle situations. Crowder and Porter are better athelets and are better in coverage than Zach. Not only this, Zach would stay fresh and less chance of injury. I don't like when Zach is responsible for covering TEs anyway. Great move here.

Back
Top Bottom