Zach Thomas Miami's bargain at the draft!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Miami's bargain at the draft!!

Channing is great, but still too early to be calling him a bargain in the third round...

Colston was the seventh round. Dont get me wrong, but it is still too early to say crowder is a steal inthe third round

I like Crowder, but he still has not proven much. Big hitter. A little on the slow side. Smart. Good size. Poor blitzer. Solid, but not great......

Colston was a rookie drafted in the 7th round and in 14 games (12 starts) he managed to catch the ball 70 times for over 1,000 yards. I would say that is a pretty good bargain. While, Crowder has played well, but it is not all that unusual to have a 3rd round lb play well in his first two years. But what Colston did was beyond well, and way exceeded expectations.

JT was taken in the third round...DPOY and consistently good over his career yet all these others are obviously bigger steals...

I would hate to think what this franchise would have been if Zach OR Jason never played for us.As for being draft bargins there is no doubt the answer to that question.

May I add that it will be a sad day in Dolphin history when both retire and I just have a feeling they will retire together...How do you even begin to replace players of that caliber???

Colston was a rookie drafted in the 7th round and in 14 games (12 starts) he managed to catch the ball 70 times for over 1,000 yards. I would say that is a pretty good bargain.
Exactly. Colston SHATTERED every club record the Saints had for rookie WRs and did it as a 7th round pick!

THAT is a steal!!!!!! Imagine all that production for less than $1 mil a year, at least for the first two.... wow! The Saints better not gripe one bit about reworking this kid's contract for 2008!

I think Zach stays around longer than JT, except in the case of injury. Zach just seems like he loves the game more and wants to play as long as he can. JT is already talking about retirement.

Exactly. Colston SHATTERED every club record the Saints had for rookie WRs and did it as a 7th round pick!

THAT is a steal!!!!!! Imagine all that production for less than $1 mil a year, at least for the first two.... wow! The Saints better not gripe one bit about reworking this kid's contract for 2008!

Well that may all be true, but they had Drew Brees throwing the ball, and the Saints have been horrible for god only knows how many years. So someone was bound to shatter the records of mediocre at best rookie wide receivers.

Crowder should not be on that list. As much as I like him, he is not yet an above average player nor was he taken with a very late pick. Can't really disagree with their list.
I don't think Channing should be on this list, but I would definitely say he is above average...

Back
Top Bottom