Zach Thomas Weight.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Weight..

Reaction score
I live in RI and haven't seen Zach Thomas since he retired but seeing him yesterday, it looked like he lost a lot of weight. Was he hanging out with Marino and Nutrisystem or is he sick? Just wondering if anyone local knows.

PS: My friend said it is because he is off the juice now. That friend is now in timeout and I will not be speaking to him for the next 24 hours. (should be longer, i know)

Yea not surprised he would drop weight after retirement....there's a lot of fun stuff to do in Miami other than lifting weights and drinkin' protein!

He was pretty close to maxing his bulk potential - while remaining athletic. No reason for him to keep that weight after football. He looked pretty healthy to me.

Guy looks alright to me. He doesn't seem to be planning a comeback or anything so I'm sure he isn't a gym rat anymore.

Football players are constantly working to keep the mass on, using supplemental products (whey, creatin etc..). When you get older and retire this isn't necessary, and honestly probably somewhat unhealthy, if you tried to keep it on. I'd say most players (that live a healthy lifestyle) will lose some weight after they retire, the more weight lost the bigger the dude is when he's playing.

Zach's not a big guy, his frame is small and to carry 225 to 235 of weight around is a lot for a guy his size and build. His playing weight had to be a lot heavier if he was going to be a LB in the NFL but if I were him and I wanted to be healthy and not body building, 190 to 185 would be a good weight depending on body fat.

Think about that for a second, if Zach now weighs 190 that is 35 to 45 pounds of weight loss and even if he is at 200 that is still 25lbs to 30lbs smaller. That's a lot of mass.

I live in RI and haven't seen Zach Thomas since he retired but seeing him yesterday, it looked like he lost a lot of weight. Was he hanging out with Marino and Nutrisystem or is he sick? Just wondering if anyone local knows.

PS: My friend said it is because he is off the juice now. That friend is now in timeout and I will not be speaking to him for the next 24 hours. (should be longer, i know)
You should have washed your friend's mouth out with soap. Disrespecting Zach Thomas is unacceptable.

I think he mentioned on the Joe Rose show that he's doing a lot more cardio instead of bulking up.

I think he mentioned on the Joe Rose show that he's doing a lot more cardio instead of bulking up.

Good. So many have serious health issues after retirement and gain a bunch of weight, forcing them to do weight watchers ads. Good to see he's taking care of himself.

When I think of Zach Thomas dignity and respect comes to mind instantly, I would have been shocked to see him not in great shape. he has too much ethic and drive I feel like to just let go even in retirement.

I saw Zach at Whole Foods in Pembroke Pines the other day. He definitely lost weight some weight, but looks like he has kept in shape.

Zach is off the juice and probably doing half or less of his usual football routine.

Zach is slightly shorter than I am. The only way you get that large without living in the gym is to use the roids.

Most guys, expecially the bigger guys like tackles, lose alot of weight after they quit. I weighed 270 after playing football in high school. Immediatly after stopping playing I dropped to as low as 210..it happens...no juice

Back
Top Bottom