Zero patience for NFL QBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero patience for NFL QBs

In my opinion I think it’s foolish to get rid of Rosen after this year unless he completely blows which in that case he won’t have much value. You have to hedge your bet here. Can you imagine if we draft a top QB next yr and he busts we trade Rosen and he’s a solid nfl starter elsewhere?
I don't think they have any plans on getting rid of Rosen next year unless they get an offer above his value. While Rosen hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in his NFL career so far, capable backup QBs seem to be rare these days and I'd sure rather have Rosen as an option off the bench than the corpses of Blaine Gabbert or RG3 that some teams are holding on to.

The only way they drop him is if they either don't think he's even good enough to be a backup or if Rosen doesn't want to be a backup.

Trub has regressed tremendously from last season. That INT he threw into triple coverage, there was a WR wide open. He has issues reading defenses, blitzes, scanning the field to see the open man and not sure he is better than Rosen.

The mental gymnastics NFLN is going through to justify Trub is INSANE

"...what we saw last night was Mitchell Trubisky and Matt Nagy going through preseason"
"...the Chicago Bears put too much on Trubisky's plate"

THEY PUT TOO MUCH ON HIM? lmfao They did everything they could to hide this guy's true colors... :lol: wow this is too much.

In my opinion I think it’s foolish to get rid of Rosen after this year unless he completely blows which in that case he won’t have much value. You have to hedge your bet here. Can you imagine if we draft a top QB next yr and he busts we trade Rosen and he’s a solid nfl starter elsewhere?
Rosen becomes a solid starter, no biggie. If all we have is a solid starter at QB then Miami has QB problems.

The problem with solid starters is the league is dominated by teams with elite starters year after year. If Rosen's best is a solid starter then keep him as a backup or move on.

Trub has regressed tremendously from last season. That INT he threw into triple coverage, there was a WR wide open. He has issues reading defenses, blitzes, scanning the field to see the open man and not sure he is better than Rosen.
What, how can you say that?

He's leading the league in completions and yards right now. He is second in comp %, YPA, YPC, QB rating and QBR.

Trubisky had a bad game. The truth is that Rodgers didn't look much better. It was an old fashioned defensive battle between two tough teams. I know a ton of Bears fans, they're excited about the kid. This forum has Trubisky dead and buried, tough crowd. Also, give the Packer defense some credit. They were blanketing receivers most of the night. Also, the penalties totally ruined the pace of the game.

I disagree. From '08 thru '17, 12 QBs have been picked in the top 5. Only two of those were selected as All Pro. Apparently 10 teams had a lot of patience. Now, I'll agree most of those QBs were starters their 1st year, but teams who drafted QBs like Bortles and Ponder had quite a bit of patience. And a number of low round picks stick around on PS for a few years or as backups. Patience. The Rosen/Murray adventure is rare.
What this mostly says is nobody coming into the league has shown they are better than Brady (5 All Pro), Peyton Manning (4), Brees (4), Rogers (4), Ryan(3) and Rivers(2) right now. The one time All Pro's since 08 Roethlesberger, Romo, Newton, Palmer, Wentz, Mahomes. Of course some other QBs are worthy like Wilson, Luck, Watson, Goff have been worthy of consideration.

Out of the 28 All Pro spots since 08, 12 were drafted in the top 5. Of the 16 other spots Brady, Brees and Rogers have claimed 13 between them. Rogers certainly was pegged to go 1 or 2 in draft for a while. Only Brady, Brees and Romo weren't selected in the 1st round.

This league is so dominated by elite QBs I think a team has to keep trying, particularly if a team is drafting top 5 that generally means their QBs absolutely suck!

This past 15-20 years with Brady, P. Manning, Rogers, Brees is kinda like the men's tennis era where RogFed, Rafa and Jokovic have been so dominant it's hard for anyone to break through.

Last edited:
What, how can you say that?

He's leading the league in completions and yards right now. He is second in comp %, YPA, YPC, QB rating and QBR.
YEAH...And he willl probably lead the league in completions to opposing defenses too. :cool:

Pocket QBs take longer to develop than the sprint-out types.

They also last much longer and win more championships.

What this mostly says is nobody coming into the league has shown they are better than Brady (5 All Pro), Peyton Manning (4), Brees (4), Rogers (4), Ryan(3) and Rivers(2) right now. The one time All Pro's since 08 Roethlesberger, Romo, Newton, Palmer, Wentz, Mahomes. Of course some other QBs are worthy like Wilson, Luck, Watson, Goff have been worthy of consideration.

Out of the 28 All Pro spots since 08, 12 were drafted in the top 5. Of the 16 other spots Brady, Brees and Rogers have claimed 13 between them. Rogers certainly was pegged to go 1 or 2 in draft for a while. Only Brady, Brees and Romo weren't selected in the 1st round.

This league is so dominated by elite QBs I think a team has to keep trying, particularly if a team is drafting top 5 that generally means their QBs absolutely suck!

This past 15-20 years with Brady, P. Manning, Rogers, Brees is kinda like the men's tennis era where RogFed, Rafa and Jokovic have been so dominant it's hard for anyone to break through.
I won't argue your point, as facts don't lie.

I would point out, however, something most of those guys have in common, is that they play for stable franchises, that have consistency in coaching and system.

The reality is it takes years for most guys to fully grasp todays complex schemes to the point where reading defenses, and decisions are automatic. Some guys never get to that point. Some guys just don't have the discipline required even if they do.

It's like a quote from Joe Montana I once read. He said when he was at the top of his game it was like everything was unfolding on slow motion. I think that's how it is for the elites, and it's not common in rookies, or even second/third year guys.

Rosen becomes a solid starter, no biggie. If all we have is a solid starter at QB then Miami has QB problems.

The problem with solid starters is the league is dominated by teams with elite starters year after year. If Rosen's best is a solid starter then keep him as a backup or move on.
Goff is by no means elite....

I'm in agreement with OP in regards to Rosen. Dude isn't even getting a fair shake at being this team's QB and we're drafting his replacement before he takes a snap.

I pray he balls the **** out
I pray this team is wise enough to build the lines this upcoming draft, see what’s they have in Rosen in the next couple of years and IF he’s not it draft a QB in 2021.

I pray this team is wise enough to build the lines this upcoming draft, see what’s they have in Rosen in the next couple of years and IF he’s not it draft a QB in 2021.

Terrible decision if Miami has the #1 overall for the hope Rosen is good.

Take the qb, don't dance around with a offensive lineman.

Back
Top Bottom