ZERO Separation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZERO Separation

Someone said in another thread that the line is giving 1.7 seconds to throw. There's no receiver who can get any separation in such little time.

I don’t have enough football knowledge to know the answer to this. Can someone help understand why our receivers constantly have defenders right in their pockets? From my limited point or view, it appears as if it’s it’s bad (predictable) play calling. They know every route we’re going to run. But, could it be bad route running? Tua projecting the throws? Or is it simply knowing that our o-line can’t hold anyone anyway so simply jump on routes within 2 seconds and you’ll have a good chance or defending a pass?

I mean…Waddle is known for his speed and even he had someone glued to his hip all game. I know “open in college is different than open in the NFL” but, seriously, where is the ball supposed to go when there is zero separation? So frustrating. Especially when we see Beasly running around the field like he’s being ignored.
Parker looked open as a Vegas whorehouse on a Saturday...that is until the Bills DC found copy of our playbook.
Screenshot_20211101-142616_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-142234_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-142206_Google.jpg

Is was a Don Dada after those three plays were exposed.

I don’t have enough football knowledge to know the answer to this. Can someone help understand why our receivers constantly have defenders right in their pockets? From my limited point or view, it appears as if it’s it’s bad (predictable) play calling. They know every route we’re going to run. But, could it be bad route running? Tua projecting the throws? Or is it simply knowing that our o-line can’t hold anyone anyway so simply jump on routes within 2 seconds and you’ll have a good chance or defending a pass?

I mean…Waddle is known for his speed and even he had someone glued to his hip all game. I know “open in college is different than open in the NFL” but, seriously, where is the ball supposed to go when there is zero separation? So frustrating. Especially when we see Beasly running around the field like he’s being ignored.

Receivers DO get separation often. Not as often as I'd like. No surprise, it seems the O runs better 1H and receivers get separation. 2H the D adjusts, Godsey doesn't. Add in going conservative and an unimaginative route tree and I can't place much blame on receivers.

Also, this RPO sucks for separation too. Because a play can be either a run or pass, it forces guys like Smythe, Carter, Sheeehan, Hollins to be in the game. Those guys have no chance to get separation. So the Bills put White on Waddle and that's that. When we get behind by 30 or in the 2 minute drill when there's little point in running, therefore no RPO, we suddenly can throw a little. Wonder why?

when the other teams run crossing routes against us they are open by about 5 steps, especially if we are in zone. when we run the same route it needs to be a perfect pass and there is zero yac.. play design, coaching, talent. maybe a little bit of all 3 i guess but coaching and play design i think are the biggest problems

Parker and Gesicki are physical receivers, not speed receivers and get little separation. They use their body to shield the defender. That is what makes Parker is good at slants, along with Tua's placement. Parker is also good at high pointing the ball. Fitz had more trust with Parker and Gesicki and was willing to throw the ball down the field taking deep shots. Williams and Hollins both fall under this category as well, but are not as good securing the catch as Parker and Gesicki.

Waddle generally gets more separation than he had yesterday. Tre'Devious White was able to blanket Waddle most of the game. White is both smart and aggressive. He is an elite DB.

Not sure WTF has happened to Wilson this year. He looked good at the beginning of training camp, sustained a minor injury and has been disappointing since.

Or it could be all of Miami's receivers were abandoned as children and experience separation anxiety preferring to keep close contact with the DBs.

Jaylen Bess only goes to short routes. Our 10 coordinators making him run 2 inches more per game. So in 2024 Jaylen Bess will be ready.

It’s because of how inept the line and Tua are. A combination of the two. They don’t need to bring extra to get pressure allowing them to drop into coverage and since safeties aren’t worried about Tua going deep or needing to worry about the run either they can provide tighter coverage over the top. And lastly, because of all the above, corners can be more aggressive. A QB that could threaten downfield and make every throw would loosen coverage up considerably, whether the line improved or not

You typically don't get much separation when 99% of your routes are 5-8 yards deep. It pretty crowded in that zone.

The OL disaster is irrelevant because of the OC disaster.

And

The OC disaster is irrelevant because of the OL disaster.

Jags don’t separate from a healthy side

when the other teams run crossing routes against us they are open by about 5 steps, especially if we are in zone. when we run the same route it needs to be a perfect pass and there is zero yac.. play design, coaching, talent. maybe a little bit of all 3 i guess but coaching and play design i think are the biggest problems
The most frustrating thing about this, is that zone is supposed to at least mitigate crossing routes, by giving the defender(s) the opportunity to jump the route once the receiver comes into their assigned zone. That NEVER happens for us.

Back
Top Bottom