Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 15 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 15 Edition

I just want to know where Brieda was...again.
After last week I would have thought they might have given him at least a few snaps. Maybe its because of his pass blocking but to have him on the sideline the whole game without seeing the ball was a head scratcher.

Is it possible that Tua had a bad game? Maybe due to an oline not playing well, limited wr help, and no running game to speak of. I could not dis agree more on the coaching grade. We took away jacobs all game, were amazing on 3rd downs, and held an explosive and health offense to 25. Their D came to play tonight and we need to learn how to pickup stunts. We are playing for a playoff spot next week and that is all that matters. Flores for coach of the year.

Putting Tua in a no huddle for a who entire game is not feasible. This kid needs to learn to play in the NFL or try again somewhere else. He just does not look like he has the "it" factor
But he did show the "It Factor" in the comeback against Arizona and New England?

Putting Tua in a no huddle for a who entire game is not feasible. This kid needs to learn to play in the NFL or try again somewhere else. He just does not look like he has the "it" factor
So he lost "it" when he left Alabama? Maybe just MAYBE he is a rookie QB that has been figured out a bit and has not been helped at all by his OC. You want to compare him to a gun slinging 20 year vet lovingly called "Fitzmagic" at times. Why are you all so prepared to throw Tua away.

So he lost "it" when he left Alabama? Maybe just MAYBE he is a rookie QB that has been figured out a bit and has not been helped at all by his OC. You want to compare him to a gun slinging 20 year vet lovingly called "Fitzmagic" at times. Why are you all so prepared to throw Tua away.
Plus he seems to have a different set of guys to throw to every week. Injuries, covid have caused havoc for WR, TE and Rbs this year for us. Tua needs another year, full training camp, preseason etc.

Tua is growing and developing. In normal development there are peaks and valleys. Last night was a big valley for Tua. He did look like he did in the Denver game. One minute after I said we better put in Fitz if we want a chance at winning this game he was in! Let's face facts, it was the perfect time to pull your ineffective starter and put in a streaky gunslinger. Fitz was exceptional and provided a thrilling victory with 19 seconds to work with. When they missed the extra point it left them open to lose the game. This is the biggest Miami win in many years so let's enjoy it!!

Our defense was poor last night. Maybe it was the cross country flight or desert air but outside of Van Ginkel, Baker, and X I thought guys played poorly. McCain was ball watching and not finishing plays, Van Noy looked slow and winded, our defensive line barely pressured a gimpy Carr, Rowe couldn't get his hands in the air.

We need to get the healthy.

I can't wait till next season when we get new Talented skill players. Our wr don't scare anyone. Tua will be great next season with a full off season to develop chemistry with his players.
Fitzmagic had NOTHING TO LOSE last night. He throws passes to players that Tua will learn to do over time.
A great win and the playoffs are 1 win away

I'm saying he never had "it" on the NFL field. What he did in Bama is irrelevant. As you can plainly see, he doesn't have a perfect situation here like he did in Bama and he is struggling big time. Exactly what the criticism of him was in the first place.

But he did show the "It Factor" in the comeback against Arizona and New England?
Lol dude... we don't win the game in NE if we didn't run the ball like we did. In fact, we don't win a few games with him playing if it wasn't for the defense and special teams

I'm saying he never had "it" on the NFL field. What he did in Bama is irrelevant. As you can plainly see, he doesn't have a perfect situation here like he did in Bama and he is struggling big time. Exactly what the criticism of him was in the first place.

10-2 TD/INT ratio with 93 QBR isn't exactly struggling.

Think about the stretch we've had with 4th + 5th string WR, elevated from practice squad RB, injuries across O-line, backup TE's. It's been remarkable we've been able to win whether it be ugly or not.

Has Gailey been babying Tua a bit? Sure. I think that leash has helped us win but also has contributed to Tua's limitations. There is a bit of a deeper trust factor with Fitzpatrick knowing the situation because he has a decade of experience.

If we are fully healthy I'd expect the reins to be way looser on Tua. Unfortunately our curve is so minimal right now.

10 TD's and 2 INT

Those numbers for a rookie???? Plus 2 running TD's vs the Pats?
And yes, we ran great vs the Pats but Tua scored twice in that game. And remember what they said about Belichek and rookie QB's

Is there a book that these coaches follow that tells them not to score a TD?

That literally lost the game for the Raiders. You have your RB slide, so he doesn't score a TD - why?? What is the thinking behind that?

Always score as much as you can - period. Then put the game on your defense to stop the other team from scoring a TD. I don't give a damn how much time is left on the clock. Force the other team to score 6.

If your D allows a FG, fine - you still win. However, these guys are paid to stop TD's…so you put them in a position to do that.

Horrible call by Gruden.

Back
Top Bottom