Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition

I kinda covered that with the play calling….But should have mentioned that directly. Our OC’s are not good….But….I’m wondering if our horrible OL is limiting what plays they can call.
Oh of course it does, hence the dink dunk, but the wildcat is being called because of the lack of a running game and trying to scheme one in. The problem is that it doesn't work anymore. When defenses started accounting for RPO type plays wildcat plays went out the window. It's a handcuff on this team, especially in the Red zone with an incredibly accurate quick throwing QB.

I kinda covered that with the play calling….But should have mentioned that directly. Our OC’s are not good….But….I’m wondering if our horrible OL is limiting what plays they can call.

It's not only calling the WC. It's having the run game or pass game humming and having a rhythm and THEN calling the WC

I'd have to give Coaching and the Front Office a solid "F" every week until they're replaced. During the broadcast, announcer Adam Archuleta was taking about how Miami should be attacking the young Jets secondary by throwing downfield, but they weren't. The first drive was nice, then they went ultra-conservative. He also pointed out how Miami needs a power RB to get those tough yards, but they don't have one because that's not the type of team they are. You can partially blame the lousy o-line for the lack of deep passes, but I also feel that a lot of those short passes are mostly by design, and for this I hate their offense. And, why would they not want to have a strong running game when Flores said he wanted one when he was hired?

They won today, but the officials helped. Howard had a blatant pass interference that wasn't called; throw the flag and it's possible that the Jets get points. Twice on 3rd down the Jets defense were called for stupid penalties that extended Miami drives; take those away and it's probably a different outcome. Yes, I know calls are a part of the game, but this officiating crew called some penalties that were questionable and didn't call the one on Howard. That said, the point I'm trying to make is that Miami got lucky; they lost 7 games in a row because they continually rely on short passes and are far too conservative on offense.

I'd have to give Coaching and the Front Office a solid "F" every week until they're replaced. During the broadcast, announcer Adam Archuleta was taking about how Miami should be attacking the young Jets secondary by throwing downfield, but they weren't. The first drive was nice, then they went ultra-conservative. He also pointed out how Miami needs a power RB to get those tough yards, but they don't have one because that's not the type of team they are. You can partially blame the lousy o-line for the lack of deep passes, but I also feel that a lot of those short passes are mostly by design, and for this I hate their offense. And, why would they not want to have a strong running game when Flores said he wanted one when he was hired?

They won today, but the officials helped. Howard had a blatant pass interference that wasn't called; throw the flag and it's possible that the Jets get points. Twice on 3rd down the Jets defense were called for stupid penalties that extended Miami drives; take those away and it's probably a different outcome. Yes, I know calls are a part of the game, but this officiating crew called some penalties that were questionable and didn't call the one on Howard. That said, the point I'm trying to make is that Miami got lucky; they lost 7 games in a row because they continually rely on short passes and are far too conservative on offense.
The bad calls or non calls went both ways though. We had 3 offensive PIs. In one game. That’s nuts. The fair catch interference on the muffed punt was questionable at best too.

Nice job Zimm. One thing though - Palardy got better distance than usual because he was line driving his kicks. Which then contributed to the bad coverage. Something is wrong w his leg - he can’t get hang time and distance together this year.

I think its a fair grade. He played well but had one really bad interception.
And the stupid sack late that he got away with due to penalty. B is the right grade. Overall good but a couple of bad mistakes.

Coaches I would give a C- today. They get the bump for the win and a bump for the Holland selection really working out. The play calling on offense was just head scratching. So Zim you were close! And surprisingly you gave them a better grade than I did!

But a bad OL running a wildcat is even worse than a QB flinging a quick pass. IMO. The wildcat must go. I never want to see us run it again. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom