Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition

Thanks, Zim.

Agree 100 percent on your Tua assessment. Miami isn't going far if he plays like he has the last three weeks. That's just realistically the bottom line

No, he hasn't been terrible and has made great plays too, but has also made too many questionable decisions. The pick 6 was maddening because that's the only chance the Jets had to get into the game.

I love Tua, not a hater, but he needs to play better if Miami has super bowl aspirations, which they should.

The turf at Met Life speaks to the entire New York Jets organization: second rate all the way. The Phillips injury is heartbreaking.

So, I led with the concerns. The rest was extremely positive. Going on the road and dominating on both sides of the ball.

The defense played in the Jets backfield for most of the game. The offensive line was incredible. Great win.
Tua will be fine. I am more concerned about MC Daniels and his ill-advised gambling and unnecessary aggression to try and force big plays.

Tua will be fine. I am more concerned about MC Daniels and his ill-advised gambling and unnecessary aggression to try and force big plays.
Well, there was the game that Miami scored late in the first half, starting deep in their own territory, with 9 seconds left. I think that was the Chargers game.

But, on the road at NY, with the way Miami's defense was playing maybe you go a little more conservative? I just don't think that's in McDaniel's DNA.

McDaniel just needs to keep doing what he thinks is right. As soon as he starts kicking the field goals and not going for 4th down attempts there will be a group of fans who start saying crap like "He's not playing to win!" or "You don't win games by settling for field goals!" Point being you're never going to satisfy fans with your choice. If you're aggressive and gamble and lose they're going to turn on you. If you settle for field goals and not go for it enough on 4th and short they'll say you're leaving too many points on the field.

Just like last week people were complaining after Miami took a shot down field on the first play of the 3rd quarter and it was intercepted. However, I didn't hear a beep this week when they hit Waddle on a deep pass on the 3rd play of the 3rd quarter. So I guess it's only a problem in the play calling if the play doesn't work. If it works ... great call!

Back
Top Bottom