Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
One of the most disappointing losses I’ve watched in years. The offense was terrible tonight. The defense again was on the field for 80 plays? That tells me our Offense was terrible and our defense couldn’t get off the field. On to the grades.

QB — The Good: A long bomb to Hill connected. That’s it.

The Bad: Ummmmm…..Pretty much the entire game. Off doesn’t describe how bad Tua was tonight.

The Grade: F . What other grade would you give him? 10 of 28 for 145 Yards? In a game we needed badly? He was bad tonight….Again. He has a lot to figure out before Saturday night in Buffalo.

RB’s — The Good: Jeff Wilson was starting to catch a little fire before he got hurt.

The Bad: Against a team the was horrible in rushing defense, we gained a total of 64 yards with our backs? The blame here is on our OL and the coaches. However, our RB’s didn’t set the world on fire.

The Grade: D + . The numbers this unit put up are pathetic against a very injured and very mediocre Chargers D.

WR’s — The Good: Tyreek Hill. That’s all.

The Bad: This entire unit was blanketed all night. The new strategy against our WR’s is to jam them off the line. It worked tonight. Not enough separation at all by this group.

The Grade: D + . Should be an F. Tyreek is the only thing that makes this grade a passing grade.

TE’s — The Good: There was no good. Period.

The Bad: 0 catches for 0 yards. Nothing, Nada. Awful

The Grade: F . Need I say more here?

The OL — The Good: Not much. A few clean pockets for Tua. That’s about it.

The Bad: No real running holes against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. Tua was under pressure way too much for my liking.

The Grade: F . We needed a better game from these guys. We didn’t get it.

DL — The Good: Christian Wilkins. He played a great game. That’s all. I guess playing 160 snaps in 2 games on a California road trip is too much to ask?

The Bad: Beside Wilkins, no one played that great. No other pressures. Maybe they’re tired.

The Grade: C . They had a few moments, but playing 80 snaps 2 weeks in a row is exhausting.

LB’s — The Good: Jaelan Phillips was a beast. Officially 1 sack from him….Should have been 2 except for the worst Roughing the Passer call I’ve ever seen. Jerome Baker was also credited with a sack.

The Bad: Where was the rest of this unit tonight? No game changing plays. Nothing. This unit definitely did not help when we had to get off the field tonight. This is not a good coverage unit at all.

The Grade: D + . If it wasn’t for Phillips, this is an F.

DB’s — The Good: Eric Rowe’s Sack.

The Bad: X was not good tonight. As a matter of fact, he was awful. No big plays again and soft coverages by this whole unit.

The Grade: F . Again…What else can you give them? Herbert had 367 yards against us.

ST’s — The Good: Morstead had a 46.7 yard average tonight. Sanders had a 55 yarder.

The Bad: Our coverage units were just below average tonight….Which is way better than our usual putrid coverages.

The Grade: B - . Not a horrible night by these guys.

Coaching — The Good: NOTHING.

The Bad: Where do I start? Lack of in-game adjustments? Refusing to run the ball against the worst rated run defense in the AFC? How about the 3rd down defense in the first half inside the red zone? Wait! Let’s keep blitzing even though we’re not disrupting him at all? If you think this was a well coached game….. I want to hear why….Because I don’t see it. Boyer should be fired tonight. 2 games in a row of a really bad offense? Where’s the genius? Don’t see it.

The Grade: F . This is a HARD F. Awful.

Conclusion: Quick money making advice from Zim for ya. Bet the house on Buffalo boys. We needed 1 of these 2 games and we got neither. We are going to probably get destroyed by Buffalo in the snow next week. That means we have to go 3-0 in our final 3 games to make the playoffs. That….At least to me….Is starting to look like a something that is going to be tougher and tougher as this season progresses. I just feel like the playoffs are slipping away. Depressing.

Outside of putting everyone in the end zone, my favorite defensive highlight was dropping Phillips into zone coverage on Keenan Allen. That had to be the stupidest thing I've seen all year... actually both of those things.

In years? That’s an improvement I guess. Because they haven’t been relevant in decades.

Here's my grade for the game
giphy.gif

Really surprised by the performance of Tua in the last 2 weeks.
Don't know where this defence goes this season injuries have hampered us all season but zero excuses as the Chargers are in the same boat.
This seems to happen to us every time we get into contention.
Different coaches Different players same outcome.
A fired up Bills team doesn't bode well this Saturday

Nothing really to argue with there Zim. Honestly, I am starting to think they might not win another game this year. The offense has regressed since the bye and the defense still can’t make the critical tackles or stops.
It’s so depressing being a Dolphins fan, just when you think they are finally turning the corner, well, look at them now. :bang:

It’s amazing that this offense is getting absolutely no production from the TE or RB in the passing game. When you couple that with an inconsistent running game you get what we are getting. Tua will be lucky to finish that game in Buffalo if they try to run that offense against that team in those conditions. Mike White took a literal beating yesterday.

Love reading your grades each week. Typically agree with most things bang on.

But personally I think McD deserves more blame than any other coach. Or player. By a mile. I like Mike, really glad we got him. But in my limited view watching the game it seemed obvious that LA was dropping LBs and tightening everything up in the middle. Which presents a great opportunity to run crossing routes, screens/other passes to the RB/FB, outside pitches, and try to establish a game outside of the hash marks.

I applaud the effort of the D, based on the fact they had almost no help from the O. 3rd down D needs to get better but when your O consistently gets shut down it makes it difficult.

Tua needs to play better but It’s not like he had wide open receivers running everywhere. It seemed to be they kept trying to force the intermediate middle which has been their bread and butter all season. At the expense of not attacking the clear weak points that defence was willing to give up.

Frustrating performance where we actually got lucky on both TDs.

Really surprised by the performance of Tua in the last 2 weeks.
Don't know where this defence goes this season injuries have hampered us all season but zero excuses as the Chargers are in the same boat.
This seems to happen to us every time we get into contention.
Different coaches Different players same outcome.
A fired up Bills team doesn't bode well this Saturday
Agree 100%. I posted this in another thread.

One question in my head that I can’t shake right now: Let’s say Tua was named Walter Johnson and was an undrafted Free Agent…. If this was preseason, based on his last 9 quarters played…..Would he even make the team right now? I don’t think so.

Thoughts?

I give the refs and the NFL an FF for ****ing Fixed.

Receivers - mugged all night.

LAC RT - false start play after play.

Morstead - roughed or at least run into. Still got off a nice punt, though.

JP15 - THE most outrageous RTP. Changed field position by a large margin.

Having said that, the coaching staff gets an F, which means failure, in case anyone forgot.

What the hell is up with the insistence on feeding Hill play after play and trying to go deep early, play after play. McD/Tua **** the bed on this one.

Chargers devised a great game plan to slow down Miami's hot passing game and it worked. They also devised a great game plan to neutralize the Dolphins blitz happy defense...and it also worked. At halftime...the Dolphins made no adjustments. McDaniel stuck with the original gameplan offensively and Boyer kept blitzing...RESULT: Herbert scorched them! McDaniel is getting outcoached people...plan and simple!

Back
Top Bottom