Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition

Tua = Mac Jones
Both are below average QB’s that had their deficiencies masked by coaching. Mac all of last year and Tua most of this year.

Unfortunately for us McDaniel isn’t half of the coach Belichick is so when teams adjusted he can’t do anything about it. Him and Tua will both be gone in less than three years and we’ll be back in our millionth rebuild. Love being a fins fan

I really hope our coach will learn how to adjust. Or come up with a whole new game plan. Teams have figured us out. Taking away the middle of the field and we look like we have no idea what to do. If he doesn't adjust after this game I will lose a lot of faith in this dude. I am trying to be more patient but most all of us can see it and we are just fans. Why can't he see it? Why won't he do it? I'm sure he knows a lot more plays to dial up to adjust, why he isn't doing it is un believable. The adjustments needed last night were so easy to see.

All fair. I’m really sick of Boyer. Hope we bring in Fangio next year.
I just can't get 3rd and goal from the 18 out of my head. 3 man rush! Easy flip to the flat and now they have a wall of china out in front. Absolutely mind boggling. As bad as the O was all night, that was the difference in the game. Giving up 7 right there. WTF?

He's Adam Gase 2.0 with a better personality. He ignored the defense, his offensive genius is only a monicker. We need to start over, AGAIN.

He's Adam Gase 2.0 with a better personality. He ignored the defense, his offensive genius is only a monicker. We need to start over, AGAIN.
We used our first pick in this past draft on a LB and our first rounder this upcoming year on Chubb. How did he ignore the defense?

I think your grades for both lines are a little low.

The OL gave Tua time to throw the majority of the game. Armstead did struggle in some pass blocking.

The DL got quite a bit of pressure on Herbert, it wasn't just Wilkins. Sieler and even John Jenkins flushed him at least once.

I agree with the rest if your grades.

I just can't get 3rd and goal from the 18 out of my head. 3 man rush! Easy flip to the flat and now they have a wall of china out in front. Absolutely mind boggling. As bad as the O was all night, that was the difference in the game. Giving up 7 right there. WTF?
That call was unreal. WTF was Boyer thinking?

Also, Collinsworth was saying all night and they were showing how physical their corners were on the Miami receivers. At what point do the refs call a penalty for illegal contact? There was a ton of contact after 5 yds and nothing called all night. And don’t even get me started on JP’s roughing call 🤬

That call was unreal. WTF was Boyer thinking?

Also, Collinsworth was saying all night and they were showing how physical their corners were on the Miami receivers. At what point do the refs call a penalty for illegal contact? There was a ton of contact after 5 yds and nothing called all night. And don’t even get me started on JP’s roughing call 🤬
My favorite non-call was when the DB pushed Sherfield completely out of bounds. Utterly insane.

Outside of putting everyone in the end zone, my favorite defensive highlight was dropping Phillips into zone coverage on Keenan Allen. That had to be the stupidest thing I've seen all year... actually both of those things.
Laughable.

F***ing prevent defense on 3rd and goal at the 20.... why. just run a normal defense ffs

Outside of putting everyone in the end zone, my favorite defensive highlight was dropping Phillips into zone coverage on Keenan Allen. That had to be the stupidest thing I've seen all year... actually both of those things.

Isn't unusual for many teams to do that. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not

One of the most disappointing losses I’ve watched in years. The offense was terrible tonight. The defense again was on the field for 80 plays? That tells me our Offense was terrible and our defense couldn’t get off the field. On to the grades.

QB — The Good: A long bomb to Hill connected. That’s it.

The Bad: Ummmmm…..Pretty much the entire game. Off doesn’t describe how bad Tua was tonight.

The Grade: F . What other grade would you give him? 10 of 28 for 145 Yards? In a game we needed badly? He was bad tonight….Again. He has a lot to figure out before Saturday night in Buffalo.

RB’s — The Good: Jeff Wilson was starting to catch a little fire before he got hurt.

The Bad: Against a team the was horrible in rushing defense, we gained a total of 64 yards with our backs? The blame here is on our OL and the coaches. However, our RB’s didn’t set the world on fire.

The Grade: D + . The numbers this unit put up are pathetic against a very injured and very mediocre Chargers D.

WR’s — The Good: Tyreek Hill. That’s all.

The Bad: This entire unit was blanketed all night. The new strategy against our WR’s is to jam them off the line. It worked tonight. Not enough separation at all by this group.

The Grade: D + . Should be an F. Tyreek is the only thing that makes this grade a passing grade.

TE’s — The Good: There was no good. Period.

The Bad: 0 catches for 0 yards. Nothing, Nada. Awful

The Grade: F . Need I say more here?

The OL — The Good: Not much. A few clean pockets for Tua. That’s about it.

The Bad: No real running holes against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. Tua was under pressure way too much for my liking.

The Grade: F . We needed a better game from these guys. We didn’t get it.

DL — The Good: Christian Wilkins. He played a great game. That’s all. I guess playing 160 snaps in 2 games on a California road trip is too much to ask?

The Bad: Beside Wilkins, no one played that great. No other pressures. Maybe they’re tired.

The Grade: C . They had a few moments, but playing 80 snaps 2 weeks in a row is exhausting.

LB’s — The Good: Jaelan Phillips was a beast. Officially 1 sack from him….Should have been 2 except for the worst Roughing the Passer call I’ve ever seen. Jerome Baker was also credited with a sack.

The Bad: Where was the rest of this unit tonight? No game changing plays. Nothing. This unit definitely did not help when we had to get off the field tonight. This is not a good coverage unit at all.

The Grade: D + . If it wasn’t for Phillips, this is an F.

DB’s — The Good: Eric Rowe’s Sack.

The Bad: X was not good tonight. As a matter of fact, he was awful. No big plays again and soft coverages by this whole unit.

The Grade: F . Again…What else can you give them? Herbert had 367 yards against us.

ST’s — The Good: Morstead had a 46.7 yard average tonight. Sanders had a 55 yarder.

The Bad: Our coverage units were just below average tonight….Which is way better than our usual putrid coverages.

The Grade: B - . Not a horrible night by these guys.

Coaching — The Good: NOTHING.

The Bad: Where do I start? Lack of in-game adjustments? Refusing to run the ball against the worst rated run defense in the AFC? How about the 3rd down defense in the first half inside the red zone? Wait! Let’s keep blitzing even though we’re not disrupting him at all? If you think this was a well coached game….. I want to hear why….Because I don’t see it. Boyer should be fired tonight. 2 games in a row of a really bad offense? Where’s the genius? Don’t see it.

The Grade: F . This is a HARD F. Awful.

Conclusion: Quick money making advice from Zim for ya. Bet the house on Buffalo boys. We needed 1 of these 2 games and we got neither. We are going to probably get destroyed by Buffalo in the snow next week. That means we have to go 3-0 in our final 3 games to make the playoffs. That….At least to me….Is starting to look like a something that is going to be tougher and tougher as this season progresses. I just feel like the playoffs are slipping away. Depressing.
hard to argue with anything you said here. It was a very disappointing game to watch.

Not much to argue with, Zim. I did think the Dolphins pressured Herbert well, but he quickly found the underneath stuff and the hot receiver. They were absolutely prepared for that defense.

The Miami run defense also showed up.

The offense was terrible. I don't understand why McDaniel made zero adjustments at the half, or even to start the game. Had to expect that the Chargers would copy what SF did on D.

Take the gains in increments like the Chargers did. Nothing wrong with five yard gains and moving the sticks.

Very frustrating game.

I give the refs and the NFL an FF for ****ing Fixed.

Receivers - mugged all night.

LAC RT - false start play after play.

Morstead - roughed or at least run into. Still got off a nice punt, though.

JP15 - THE most outrageous RTP. Changed field position by a large margin.

Having said that, the coaching staff gets an F, which means failure, in case anyone forgot.

What the hell is up with the insistence on feeding Hill play after play and trying to go deep early, play after play. McD/Tua **** the bed on this one.
Like seriously Stoobz. Their RT jumped the snap almost ever stinking play. Shocked he did t get called for that

Back
Top Bottom