Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

Flores goes for it near the 50 more often then not. I can’t remember if they’ve had successful fake punt attempts this year but I can recall they did it at least twice successfully last year in that situation.

For the season though the team is 11 of 18 on 4th down conversion. I’ll take 61%, they’ve been really good at it this year
It isn't that I disagree with going for it on 4th down at times, or even running a fake punt in the right circumstances.

I just think that was, situationally, a ridiculous call. I'm actually in favor of going for it there, just not with a fake punt.

Last edited:
I agree with the assessment but I think the reason we came out like that was the bye week. We came out rusty and after halftime we shook the rust off and balled out (other than the pick 6). We are just lucky that we played the Jets after the bye.

Wrong. Not the snapper's call to make, if a hot fake is on in case the defense gives a certain look. The upback Fej would make that call, after being given the go ahead from the sideline. He sure as hell didn't as he didn't even know the ball was coming. When I said he blew the call, I mean the snapper misinterpreted the call from Fej. Ergo the snapper screwed up. I never said the snapper calls the shots on the fake. Merely that he screwed up.
And this is where we miss John Denny. I swear that guy was flawless for the 20 years or whatever it was he was here!

i watched some rewinds.

We cannot get rid of Devante Parker. When healthy he is great for us. Sure, he's hardly healthy, but because of that he should understand that he needs to take less money.

Deiter came back to play Center and i wasnt too impressed. We definitely need to find a center high in the draft.

A ‘C’ for Tua? FOH. Two INT, one pick 6, could have had another 2-3 easily. All against 2nd and 3rd stringer talent on a 3 win team. Parker bailed him out on pass behind him as he’s running full steam for that TD. At best he gets a D-

It isn't that I disagree with going for it on 4th down at times, or even running a fake punt in the right circumstances.

I just think that was, situationally, a ridiculous call. I'm actually in favor of going for it there, just not with a fake punt.
Oh definitely agreed

All calls go through the Head Coach. No way the fake was on without Flo knowing it. The ego on Flo doesn't permit any other scenario. Who are you saying called the play?

I'm saying no one called the play. Miscommunication. The OL did standard punt block

And this is where we miss John Denny. I swear that guy was flawless for the 20 years or whatever it was he was here!
Denney was great but after 15 seasons and 224 games, he's retired. (Some wish Dan Marino and Larry Csonka were back, too). However, make no mistake, Blake Ferguson is a very good long snapper. Yes, there was a rare screwup last weekend and it sounds like that was a communication error, where the respective parties were clearly not on the same page. Special Teams Coach, Danny Crossman refused to get drawn into the details and assigning blame but I expect that the players involved were strongly castigated. I can't remember another occasion when Ferguson has screwed up since getting drafted last season.

Last edited:
Denney was great but after 15 seasons and 224 games, he's retired. (Some wish Dan Marino and Larry Csonka were back, too). However, make no mistake, Blake Ferguson is a very good long snapper. Yes, there was a rare screwup last weekend and it sounds like that was a communication error, where the respective parties were clearly not on the same page. Special Teams Coach, Danny Crossman refused to get drawn into the details and assigning blame but I expect that the players involved were strongly castigated. I can't remember another occasion when Ferguson has screwed up since getting drafted last season.
I wasn’t really pining for the return of Denny so much as making the point that you can’t take that position for granted. Blake is a good young player. No issues from me.

Back
Top Bottom