Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

Again, don't think this was a fake punt call by Flores. Lack of reaction by anyone else involved on this unit leads me to believe the snapper himself blew the call. Could be wrong, but it sure looked that way to me.
That actually crossed my mind too.

Wouldn't that be a bit of an odd thing to happen though.

I mean most STs calls are very basic. You have blocking and coverage calls, but those aren't going to be confused with a direct snap fake.

Then I wondered what Flo said, but realized he probobly spoke for a minute and a have without saying anything.. Lol

Tough but fair

Sorry Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
EsRdOQ-WMAEG3Bu.jpg

Regardless of whose fault it was, we will never know if it would have worked or not so to call it a bad call...idk.

Bad execution for sure.
Even if it worked, It still would have been a bad call if you are using any basic statistical analysis.

Even if it worked, It still would have been a bad call if you are using any basic statistical analysis.

Statistical analysis is great, but the reality is it should be based off of our own statistical success and failures, because using the NFL as an average doesn't necessarily reflect your own statistical success, due to team strengths and weaknesses.

I don't mind using a fake punt there because you're facing a rookie QB. The expectation by the opponent should generally be that you are trying to make the struggling rookie march the whole field.

Each game has a context that I dont think just using general league wide statistics really tell you much about.

For a random example: If the league % of converting that is 75%...awesome, but what is the success rate of teams with poor offensive lines and to that point, no running game? Duke showed up today but we had no idea that would happen.

Sure Brisset may get it, but remember he tried another and was stuffed, only getting it after a somewhat lucky 2nd surge when they could easily have called forward progress stopped.

I don't think it's as simple as looking at statistics and saying let's do x or y.

The question is, at what point does statistical analysis preclude an attempt? 1% chance of success? 33% chance of success.
2nd variable is the habits of the opposing teams ST. Do they leave the edge uncovered? Would anyone be watching a receiver leaking 10 yards downfield? Given the inept NYJ O, not a bad call . . . if it was a call at all

Why's that, though? These plays work sometimes, even most of the time if you press me. In fact, a week or two ago the exact same play went for a TD in a 49er game.

That fake punt call was just plain dumb in a 4th and 1 situation.

Either line up and go for it hat on hat, or punt the damn thing. No excuse for that at this level, TBH.
Agreed!!!!

Good summary.
I think you were a little harsh on Tua.
He wasn't as sharp as the last 3 or 4 weeks, but he had more good throws then bad and
led the team on the game winning drive at end of game.
I would go with a B.

Again, don't think this was a fake punt call by Flores. Lack of reaction by anyone else involved on this unit leads me to believe the snapper himself blew the call. Could be wrong, but it sure looked that way to me.
It was almost as if the snap hit the guy in the face. Keystone cops looking kinda play.

TEs - Hunter Long made 2 appearances and neither were good. A holding penalty and then standing flat footed on the pick 6 like a deer in the headlights. I think we now know why he hasn’t seen much of the field. Young TE / takes time to develop.

DBs get an A from me. Byron Jones had like 4 PBUs alone, we got coverage sacks etc. Did Wilson even put a ball near X? After the first quarter our D gave away zilch.

I love when the run game is going. Old fashioned stiff arm and power running. The line played better but don’t underestimate how much just that little extra bit of compete level in a RB will do for an o-line.

Good stuff, Zimm.

Back
Top Bottom