Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

I think the grades are pretty harsh, but do agree with most of your comments.

The secondary is getting beat pretty consistently, which is making it really hard defensively. It's clearly a weakness after being ravaged with injuries.

But, for the most part, the Dolphins made Buffalo earn their yards. Loved seeing some of the hits tonight, especially on Josh Allen. I'm sure he's going to feel it for a few days.

Definitely need an enforcer at linebacker. A Holland type but at linebacker, not safety. I'm disappointed in this unit.

Have to agree that McDaniel should have stuck with the run, but he had this team ready to play. I'd probably give him a C.

Another game that could have gone in the win column. The Dolphins need to find a way to close games out.

I don’t know why we didn’t run the ball inside the 4 yard line on that one drive or in any of the 3rd and shorts save the first one. He’s very frustrating as a play caller. A coach like Joe Gibbs would have run it 35-40 times tonight unless you proved you could stop it. But he’s been like this all season - whether the run game is clicking or not.
It’s why he’s not an NFL play caller
It’s not in him
If he has an ounce of smarts he hires one next season

It’s why he’s not an NFL play caller
It’s not in him
If he has an ounce of smarts he hires one next season
I don’t see that happening though. He seems to be set on running the offense. Not sure how I feel about this. I really don’t like when the HC is also something else. You can’t do both jobs as well as you can do one.

I don’t see that happening though. He seems to be set on running the offense. Not sure how I feel about this. I really don’t like when the HC is also something else. You can’t do both jobs as well as you can do one.
It’s why he’ll be fired after next season

Sure you can. Many HCs do it right now.

I think the grades are pretty harsh, but do agree with most of your comments.

The secondary is getting beat pretty consistently, which is making it really hard defensively. It's clearly a weakness after being ravaged with injuries.

But, for the most part, the Dolphins made Buffalo earn their yards. Loved seeing some of the hits tonight, especially on Josh Allen. I'm sure he's going to feel it for a few days.

Definitely need an enforcer at linebacker. A Holland type but at linebacker, not safety. I'm disappointed in this unit.

Have to agree that McDaniel should have stuck with the run, but he had this team ready to play. I'd probably give him a C.

Another game that could have gone in the win column. The Dolphins need to find a way to close games out.
I respectfully disagree. We gave up 446 yards tonight. They definitely didn’t earn them all. 3rd and 17 and we give up 21? Those were earned? That last 8 seconds of the half? Josh Allen had the ball for over 9 seconds. Not to mention, they played the entire 2nd half without their starting Center.

If we just win 1 of the last 3 I would feel better….But we’ve lost 3 in a row at the end of the season when you’re supposed to be playing your best ball.

We played well enough to win….But what I saw was a coach that blew the play calling in the red zone and on 3rd down. If you have a back gaining 8 yards a carry….How do you only run him 6 times in the 2nd half??

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I could not agree more. In a division game we had to have. We now have to go 3-0 to end the season or maybe we can back in to the playoffs. Depressing to be honest.
Huh? we get in with 2 wins, there are even scenarios where we get in with 1 (Jets/Pats need to lose as they probably will)

Good summary. I think I'd go lower on TE.
I don't actually see the point of having TEs on this team. Over 14 games the whole TE unit has a grand total of 35 catches for 347yds. That is criminal especially when we all know its basically Hill and Waddle catching the ball.

I agree. It doesn't help when the media bigs him up as some sort of Offensive protegy. If he's believing that hype then he's not dropping calling the plays anytime soon.

The funny thing is is that McDaniel was outcoached
Not by McVey but by himself
How stupid do you have to be to be outcoached by yourself ?
He's done that in the last three games. Miami could have won at least 2 of the 3 if McDaniel makes better play calls.

Tua isn’t getting anything less than a B+ for me. The drops were costly for yards and completion percentage, and there was also a sequence of back to back drops in the endzone by Hill and Sherfield.

Play calling didn’t help, and if guys hold onto balls on target, he’s 20-something for 30 with more yardage and 3 TDs. Maybe a win.
Those drops were frustrating......

I don't actually see the point of having TEs on this team. Over 14 games the whole TE unit has a grand total of 35 catches for 347yds. That is criminal especially when we all know its basically Hill and Waddle catching the ball.
Great point!

One of the most disappointing things about this offense is the poor level of TE play over the season. Literally non-existent

Great point!

One of the most disappointing things about this offense is the poor level of TE play over the season. Literally non-existent
I feel like alot of that is due to the need for extra help blocking, both in pass protect and the running game.

That being the case, id rather see us just plug in another olineman or 2 and call them TEs.

Back
Top Bottom