Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

Can we talk about that odd route adjustment by sanders? If he just keeps running, he might have a touchdown. Instead, he slows down, pushes off and lunges towards the now uncatchable ball?

WTF WAS THAT?

Embarrassing.

And enough with taking shots at Wanny. Even though he was dead wrong in not wanting McDaniels, cut him some slack. He’s out of patience with the GM.

Last edited:
WTF WAS THAT?

Embarrassing.

And enough with taking shots at Wanny. Even though he was dead wrong in not wanting McDaniels, cut him some slack. He’s out of patience with the GM.
Was the wanny thing directed at me?

A huge part of the reason he 'inherited' a bad squad is that he did a LOUSY job as director of college scouting from 2007-2016. The team's drafts during that period were downright awful. I don't think this guy has identified one single good linebacker in his entire life. He probably couldn't even identify one if you sent him film of the 2000 Ravens.

There's never been a better time to fire this guy. Never. The Dolphins got one of the best breaks in franchise history when Tua fell in the draft due to his injury. This is a very, very attractive job right now with Tua in place. The Dolphins could easily find a good candidate. McDaniel has shown more than enough to be an easy sell for an 'evaluation' year, too.

Twenty years in a management role. Fifteen years in a major decision-making role. I love Tua, but it's a shame he's going to keep this clown employed here for a while longer.
I get that you believe Grier has been a failure, but is there anything he can do to redeem himself, in your view?

So, he has possibly appointed a great head coach (jury is still out. Has done some amazing things, but made some god awful decisions too, costing us our last two games, in my opinion.) He has also drafted ... potentially, a Franchise QB. Above anything else, those are the two most important pieces to put in place.

If they make the playoffs this year, win a game. Then next year, they go deep in playoffs, even winning a spot in the Superbowl, for example. Would he still be a failure in your eyes?

As to the people wanting McDaniel gone, that's just proper mental at this point.

I get that you believe Grier has been a failure, but is there anything he can do to redeem himself, in your view?

So, he has possibly appointed a great head coach (jury is still out. Has done some amazing things, but made some god awful decisions too, costing us our last two games, in my opinion.) He has also drafted ... potentially, a Franchise QB. Above anything else, those are the two most important pieces to put in place.

If they make the playoffs this year, win a game. Then next year, they go deep in playoffs, even winning a spot in the Superbowl, for example. Would he still be a failure in your eyes?

As to the people wanting McDaniel gone, that's just proper mental at this point.

Grier's ONLY job is to go in his ofice and make draft picks with no help from coaches and scouts. He has failed. Has to go.

He can resign.

Twenty years on the job, fifteen in a senior management position, and he's bad at his job. The record of incompetence is absolutely staggering. The incredible tenacity at keeping his job -- despite an abysmal performance record -- in what is supposedly a meritocratic line of work is downright comical at this point. He's the Tom Olivadotti of personnel management.

The guy's made enough money to retire, and that's exactly what he should do.

Back
Top Bottom