Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

So mcdaniels is really stupid?
Look, was pretty hot at the time so maybe a little over board on that comment
But maybe he is not too smart. Look at this way, how Many times are you sticking a paper clip into that electric socket before you realize it hurts? He is not smart enough right now to fix the mistakes he keeps making over and over and over again
Just because you’re a coach in the NFL doesn’t mean you’re smart. Listen to Channing Crowder speak about that. He spent about 20 minutes how how many unqualified coaches were in the NFL during his time because they knew someone, the person was somebody’s son, or the owner was desperate and hired someone based on bad advice. He said all sorts of unqualified people getting jobs in the NFL
Maybe he’s not a dummy, but he hasn’t proved yet that he’s intelligent. Ok, great, he creates great schemes, doesn’t mean he’s a scholar

But maybe he is not too smart. Look at this way, how Many times are you sticking a paper clip into that electric socket before you realize it hurts? He is not smart enough right now to fix the mistakes he keeps making over and over and over again
Just because you’re a coach in the NFL doesn’t mean you’re smart. Listen to Channing Crowder speak about that. He spent about 20 minutes how how many unqualified coaches were in the NFL during his time because they knew someone, the person was somebody’s son, or the owner was desperate and hired someone based on bad advice. He said all sorts of unqualified people getting jobs in the NFL
Maybe he’s not a dummy, but he hasn’t proved yet that he’s intelligent. Ok, great, he creates great schemes, doesn’t mean he’s a scholar
My bad, I didn’t notice when you posted it. Makes sense.

I obv don’t know nearly as much about him as you. My best friend is a niner fan and was devastated when he left. He was hoping they’d fire shanahan and hire him as head coach because shanahans ego is so huge he can’t see past it sometimes.

Maybe mcdaniels picked up on some of shanahans tendencies.

So far, I’ve been really impressed with the guy and expect him to be in Miami for the long haul.

I only agree with Riders stance in that MCD has not changed his philosophy over the course of three games now, Ive pointed out that we have had 5 instances of third and short, with the intention and position to make it two down territory situations and he dropped and passed all five times.

I do not agree with giving up the playcalling duties but if he had run it in those situations we would of said, ''you know what if you cant pick up 1-2 yards with two runs you don't deserve to win.''

he does need to change that part of his game imo, because it did cost us very important momentum and possibly the games.Also when you are passing on the road, in those elements its fairly hi risk..

This once mighty thread that I always looked forward to has turn into a steaming pile of gibberish. The hatred towards McDaniel and what he's done for this franchise is pathetic.

My bad, I didn’t notice when you posted it. Makes sense.

I obv don’t know nearly as much about him as you. My best friend is a niner fan and was devastated when he left. He was hoping they’d fire shanahan and hire him as head coach because shanahans ego is so huge he can’t see past it sometimes.

Maybe mcdaniels picked up on some of shanahans tendencies.

So far, I’ve been really impressed with the guy and expect him to be in Miami for the long haul.
I probably don’t know much more than you about him
I can only go by what he says, how he conducts himself and his actions on the field
I love how he’s able to motivate his players, I love his schemes and I like his personality
I just don’t like him as a play caller, I don’t think he’s good at it. I feel with a real NFL play caller we’d get even more out of this offense. I’d like to see him relinquish that responsibility and concentrate on being a HC

I can only go by what he says, how he conducts himself and his actions on the field
I love how he’s able to motivate his players, I love his schemes and I like his personality
I just don’t like him as a play caller, I don’t think he’s good at it. I feel with a real NFL play caller we’d get even more out of this offense. I’d like to see him relinquish that responsibility and concentrate on being a HC
I tend to agree with this, I honestly think he would find his way strictly as an O.C. if that was his primary responsibility. But hell it's not easy to be a play caller and head coach at the high school level. I've coached with guys that could do it however i see more programs that have more success consistently with coaches that are able to delegate responsibilities to other men. What I've found in coaching is that if the people that work under you don't bring something that you don't, it's time to move on from them. That's just my experience though for what it's worth.

I'm curious if you only don't like his play calls on those third and short plays or if you think he calls a bad game the entire time? Personally I thought his play calling Saturday was great and was a huge reason we went toe to toe with Buffalo but I do agree that abandoning the run on those third and short calls wasn't ideal. I don't blame him for trying to target our best players to get the first down but I understand people wanting him to at least attempt to run in some of those situations. Do you think he's a terrible play caller as a whole or do you just disagree with some of his third and short calls?

I just ask because if you think he can't call plays at all then I get you wanting to replace him as the play caller even if I don't agree but if you only disagree with the third and short calls, imo that's something that can be fixed and he can learn from as he comes across more and more of these situations.

I want to post this in every thread, but people are sitting here crucifying the coaches after giving the defense all F Grades.

The guy you should be looking at right now is CHRIS GRIER. Because he couldn't assemble defensive talent capable of getting him out of a wet paper bag.

Or son-in-law. The Bungals being a prime example.

I agree. He seems like the quintessential HC of this new generation with the way he interacts and communicates with his players.

I think he’s an incredible mind when it comes to scheming up plays. He schemes people open and knows how to devise great run plays.

But play calling is much different than scheming up/devising plays. Giving up those duties might be beneficial, especially long term.

I want to post this in every thread, but people are sitting here crucifying the coaches after giving the defense all F Grades.

The guy you should be looking at right now is CHRIS GRIER. Because he couldn't assemble defensive talent capable of getting him out of a wet paper bag.
Oh man. We hear nothing from you since the midst of our last losing streak .. and you're out with this now during our next one? I did wonder why you'd gone quiet on Grier after the talent he'd assembled offensively was winning games. It's a bit ... sad.

Oh man. We hear nothing from you since the midst of our last losing streak .. and you're out with this now during our next one? I did wonder why you'd gone quiet on Grier after the talent he'd assembled offensively was winning games. It's a bit ... sad.

I'm here quite literally defending a coach that I said was a bad hire. He's done a better job than I expected, and I think it's outrageous for people to be piling on the coaching staff after a game like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree with this, I honestly think he would find his way strictly as an O.C. if that was his primary responsibility. But hell it's not easy to be a play caller and head coach at the high school level. I've coached with guys that could do it however i see more programs that have more success consistently with coaches that are able to delegate responsibilities to other men. What I've found in coaching is that if the people that work under you don't bring something that you don't, it's time to move on from them. That's just my experience though for what it's worth.
Well said. That’s called good managing, something he’s gonna have to learn

Back
Top Bottom