Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 14 Edition

I'm curious if you only don't like his play calls on those third and short plays or if you think he calls a bad game the entire time? Personally I thought his play calling Saturday was great and was a huge reason we went toe to toe with Buffalo but I do agree that abandoning the run on those third and short calls wasn't ideal. I don't blame him for trying to target our best players to get the first down but I understand people wanting him to at least attempt to run in some of those situations. Do you think he's a terrible play caller as a whole or do you just disagree with some of his third and short calls?

I just ask because if you think he can't call plays at all then I get you wanting to replace him as the play caller even if I don't agree but if you only disagree with the third and short calls, imo that's something that can be fixed and he can learn from as he comes across more and more of these situations.
All season long I liked his play calls regarding to the passing plays but was frustrated all season long because he refused to run the ball. To me it was just dumb not to at least try to establish it. Look, there are games where you have to abandon it and have a shootout, I get that but you would think this guy is allergic to it.
Regarding Saturday, I loved the play calling all game until he went stupid. Look, sometimes you do have to fool the defense by calling a play that is the opposite what you’ve been doing all game, being unpredictable. However, we weren’t only running the ball well, we were trampling on them all game with just one guy with Mostert, actually even Ahmed got in on it. Need a big play in that spot go with what’s working, they couldn’t stop us.
I just don’t think overall he’s been that impressive with it. There are some coaches who can handle it but it’s clear he’s far below their plateau. We could get more from our offense with an experienced play caller. He needs to be the HC, act like one, delegate responsibility

I agree. He seems like the quintessential HC of this new generation with the way he interacts and communicates with his players.

I think he’s an incredible mind when it comes to scheming up plays. He schemes people open and knows how to devise great run plays.

But play calling is much different than scheming up/devising plays. Giving up those duties might be beneficial, especially long term.
Exactly, that’s all I’m saying and my original point. I like the guy otherwise. But be a HC, delegate the responsibility

Im thinking the pass rush (LBs and DL) was a little better than graded, tbh. Allen was scrambling and under pressure quite a bit. We almost has a pick a couple times due to him being forced to make throws under pressure. They also cause an intentional grounding that didn't get called.

Knock off the personal stuff guys

Attack the post and not the poster

Oh please that is such a god awful take, hill obviously helps but this scheme is night and day compared to what we've had previously. We have had WRs running open the entire year, the offensive line looks much better, Tua is playing like one of the best QBs in the NFL and the offense has been one of the best in the NFL this season.

Pretty sure McDaniel gets another head coaching gig within 5 minutes if miami were dumb enough to fire him. I don't understand how people want this guy gone after what we have witnessed the last 25 years. It's been a tough stretch but I'm confident we can beat both the jets and patriots which gets us in the playoffs. The offense has proven they can put up points with anyone which makes them a legit superbowl contender if they can get in. People are giving up on this team after they went toe to toe with buffalo in buffalo lol.
Just be glad the people wanting him gone or moved aren`t the ones in charge of making those decisions . Imagine another 20 years of experimenting with coaches like Flores , Gase and Philbin when we had a offensive minded Belichick and let him go because during is first season he made some calls he shouldn`t have .

Knock off the personal stuff guys

Attack the post and not the poster

Thanks, but it seems that since I rarely have time to watch football or post about it anymore, people who no longer post here themselves like to crawl out from under a rock to take potshots at me for *checks notes* criticizing the failed general manager of this franchise.

Curiously, I notice that there are some people who like to dish it, but have to hide behind moderation when it gets flipped back at them. I blame what many people have termed the 'Eurocuck' mindset. As the EU doesn't believe in any form of freedom of speech, they feel it is appropriate to seek remedies via moderation any time someone gives them a little bit of jazz.

God bless the USA.

Other then QB, where I think at worse B- and at best B (Maybe..big maybe B+), was imo more realistic, I agree with everything else though. Thanks again Zimmer.

Thanks, but it seems that since I rarely have time to watch football or post about it anymore, people who no longer post here themselves like to crawl out from under a rock to take potshots at me for *checks notes* criticizing the failed general manager of this franchise.

Curiously, I notice that there are some people who like to dish it, but have to hide behind moderation when it gets flipped back at them. I blame what many people have termed the 'Eurocuck' mindset. As the EU doesn't believe in any form of freedom of speech, they feel it is appropriate to seek remedies via moderation any time someone gives them a little bit of jazz.

God bless the USA.
To be fair this is your opinion, this is not fact.

To be fair this is your opinion, this is not fact.

Chris Grier was elevated to a managerial role in the franchise in 2002. The Team has not won a playoff game since the year 2000. Since 2002, the team's overall record is 154-181. Given that Grier is involved in football operations and not on the business side of things, it is indeed a fact that his tenure within the Dolphins organization has been a failure.

He's every bit as much of a failure as Jeff Ireland. I don't see anyone defending that guy these days.

Good to see you posting Wanny :UP:

The rules are simple brother. They can go after what you posted just not you personally. Same goes for you and everyone else

Back to football please

Chris Grier was elevated to a managerial role in the franchise in 2002. The Team has not won a playoff game since the year 2000. Since 2002, the team's overall record is 154-181. Given that Grier is involved in football operations and not on the business side of things, it is indeed a fact that his tenure within the Dolphins organization has been a failure.

He's every bit as much of a failure as Jeff Ireland. I don't see anyone defending that guy these days.
If you are evaluating Chris Grier as a GM you should be starting in 2016-17. He didn't have the final say in what the team did prior to 2016-17 so including that in your evaluation just doesn't make sense. Since Chris Grier was hired as the GM the Dolphins are 55-56 with one playoff appearance and this period included a full tear-down rebuild which built the team today. If three years from now, McDaniel's deemed to be a failure, Tua is a bust and the Dolphins are rebuilding again then i'd agree Chris Grier would be considered a failure at GM.

As of right now, he inherited an extremely average squad that was always around .500 and took it to the playoffs in year 1. He then completed a full tear-down rebuild which led to the addition of many important players over the next few seasons including Tua, Waddle, Hill, Holland, Armstead and many more. His success is now tied to McDaniel, Tua and the young core he has brought in because if they fail then the rebuild has failed but if we hit on McDaniel and Tua then it's hard not to argue we are set up for sustained success. If we are set up for sustained success then you can't possibly deem Chris Grier to be a failed GM.

Personally I think we hit it big on Tua and McDaniel but I guess we will see 3 years from now.

As of right now, he inherited an extremely average squad that was always around .500 and took it to the playoffs in year 1.

A huge part of the reason he 'inherited' a bad squad is that he did a LOUSY job as director of college scouting from 2007-2016. The team's drafts during that period were downright awful. I don't think this guy has identified one single good linebacker in his entire life. He probably couldn't even identify one if you sent him film of the 2000 Ravens.

There's never been a better time to fire this guy. Never. The Dolphins got one of the best breaks in franchise history when Tua fell in the draft due to his injury. This is a very, very attractive job right now with Tua in place. The Dolphins could easily find a good candidate. McDaniel has shown more than enough to be an easy sell for an 'evaluation' year, too.

Twenty years in a management role. Fifteen years in a major decision-making role. I love Tua, but it's a shame he's going to keep this clown employed here for a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom