Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 16 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 16 Edition

I agree with most of your grades. Except for lumping front office and coaching together. Front office has failed the offensive line. But coaching is doing a decent job covering it up with pre snap motion and short passing game. Opposing defensive gameplans have not been able to shut down our only response to no run game, deep threats. Waddle should be doubled every play but he keeps getting enough space to keep us in manageable down and distance. If we ever figure out the run game and give shots downfield to two capable tight ends, two capable wide receivers, and an accurate qb I like our offense.
To that point, have to keep the OC'S IMO. I don't necessarily like the wildcat in the redzone, but it has been effective.

Considering what Miami has on offense, these two maybe aren't so bad.

Have to make improving the running game the offseason focus.

Yes good game by Sieler, and on the only big play in 4th Q Saints should of be done for holding on him, negating it.

Also think Smythe is having a solid season. Couple of catches and big block on a Waddle play.
I think they may re-sign Smythe over Gesicki. Different players but I see a trend here. That non-holding call on Sieler was awful.

A solid and expected win against a very undermanned club. Who would have thought that we could create a 7 game winning streak after a 1 - 7 start? That’s ridiculous. I’ll say it again…..A Solid win…..But it wasn’t perfect. On to the grades:

QB — B - : 19 of 26 for 198 is nice. A ton of very short throws. Tua’s only TD pass was a touch pass to Waddle. The 3rd down throw to Hollins was money. However, the interception was an unforced error….Even if it was against a very good defense. Regardless, a solid if unspectacular night for Tua.

RB’s — C + : 86 yards rushing for the game wasn’t too bad…..Especially behind this once again putrid OL. The problem is Gaskin is the only RB with a catch out of the backfield. 1 lousy catch for our RB’s. That won’t get it done next week.

TE’s — C : 6 catches for 53 yards tonight. An average game that again won’t get it done next week. Gesicki was OK as was Smythe. Not too much else to say here.

WR’s — C - : All Waddle again. Great game from him or else this is a D or an F. Where was Parker tonight? I know I saw him on the field. Great catch from Hollins that was actually a clutch play. Play calling was bad tonight….But this unit has got to do better.

OL — D - : We got the win but that was ridiculous tonight. Can we now end the ****ing Austin Jackson experiment? Please? Jessie Davis is in that same boat. Pathetic. No wonder we can’t throw deep. The only reason they get a D - is because we won.

DL — A : Obviously, the Saints OL was on life support. Regardless, our DL ate them alive. I almost felt sorry for Book. Poor kid. Nice job by our guys. We pretty much held Kamara in check all night. Great effort.

LB’s — A : Baker with big splash plays. Van Ginko with a tip that led to the pick 6. I thought Phillips was quiet tonight….But he had a couple pressures. Nice job overall.

DB’s — A : Pick 6 by Needham and a late one by Brandon Jones to seal it. Great effort by these guys. A lot of the night I saw blanket coverage. Just a great game by this unit.

ST’s — B : Solid effort. If Sanders hits the 59 yarder this is an A. Decent night for Palardy. Good coverage on punts tonight.

Coaching and Front Office — C : I gotta give the coaching staff credit for the 7 game winning streak. That’s hard to do. However, I thought the offensive play calling was trash the first half. No originality and no creativity. Better in the 2nd half but still not great. How were we not ready for the snap in the first half after the review?? Anyway…Grier gets a failing grade for this OL again…..But he gets a B for this rookie class.
I will give the OC credit for scheming ways to get Waddle the ball. The playcall on the goal line miss direction play to Waddle was genius

I think they may re-sign Smythe over Gesicki. Different players but I see a trend here. That non-holding call on Sieler was awful.
I honestly hope that we re-sign both Durham Smythe and Mike Gesicki. (The TE to let go is Shaheen, in case it isn't obvious). Smythe and Gesicki both contribute to the team and they are also clearly very good friends. We are going to have the cash in our back pocket, let's spend some re-signing 2 good tightends.

Great write up Zim.

For me the offseason is simple.

Teron Armstead and Tomlinson are must gets in FA.
Draft that center from Iowa

Our left side is fixed with a star at center.

If we choose to keep Hunt at RG then give Eich his chance at RT. If hunt moves back to RT we have plenty of bodies to give a shot at RG.

Make Devante Adams the highest paid WR in the league.

Let's do it

Great write up Zim.

If we choose to keep Hunt at RG then give Eich his chance at RT. If hunt moves back to RT we have plenty of bodies to give a shot at RG.

Let's do it
Yeah. Let's burn another top draft pick on the OL. Let's keep chucking quarters in that well. We need another top WR and finally to go RB. Fix OL in FA.

Good write up Zim, but I'll have to disagree with coaching. They knew what they were up against, and I think their main goal was to get the W and keep players fresh/healthy. They didn't need to show too much, nor should they with two important games on the horizon. Vanilla won the game without showing their hand for later games.

A solid and expected win against a very undermanned club. Who would have thought that we could create a 7 game winning streak after a 1 - 7 start? That’s ridiculous. I’ll say it again…..A Solid win…..But it wasn’t perfect. On to the grades:

QB — B - : 19 of 26 for 198 is nice. A ton of very short throws. Tua’s only TD pass was a touch pass to Waddle. The 3rd down throw to Hollins was money. However, the interception was an unforced error….Even if it was against a very good defense. Regardless, a solid if unspectacular night for Tua.

RB’s — C + : 86 yards rushing for the game wasn’t too bad…..Especially behind this once again putrid OL. The problem is Gaskin is the only RB with a catch out of the backfield. 1 lousy catch for our RB’s. That won’t get it done next week.

TE’s — C : 6 catches for 53 yards tonight. An average game that again won’t get it done next week. Gesicki was OK as was Smythe. Not too much else to say here.

WR’s — C - : All Waddle again. Great game from him or else this is a D or an F. Where was Parker tonight? I know I saw him on the field. Great catch from Hollins that was actually a clutch play. Play calling was bad tonight….But this unit has got to do better.

OL — D - : We got the win but that was ridiculous tonight. Can we now end the ****ing Austin Jackson experiment? Please? Jessie Davis is in that same boat. Pathetic. No wonder we can’t throw deep. The only reason they get a D - is because we won.

DL — A : Obviously, the Saints OL was on life support. Regardless, our DL ate them alive. I almost felt sorry for Book. Poor kid. Nice job by our guys. We pretty much held Kamara in check all night. Great effort.

LB’s — A : Baker with big splash plays. Van Ginko with a tip that led to the pick 6. I thought Phillips was quiet tonight….But he had a couple pressures. Nice job overall.

DB’s — A : Pick 6 by Needham and a late one by Brandon Jones to seal it. Great effort by these guys. A lot of the night I saw blanket coverage. Just a great game by this unit.

ST’s — B : Solid effort. If Sanders hits the 59 yarder this is an A. Decent night for Palardy. Good coverage on punts tonight.

Coaching and Front Office — C : I gotta give the coaching staff credit for the 7 game winning streak. That’s hard to do. However, I thought the offensive play calling was trash the first half. No originality and no creativity. Better in the 2nd half but still not great. How were we not ready for the snap in the first half after the review?? Anyway…Grier gets a failing grade for this OL again…..But he gets a B for this rookie class.
Awesome Zim, thanks for posting, I always look forward to reading your post...:UP:

Yeah. Let's burn another top draft pick on the OL. Let's keep chucking quarters in that well. We need another top WR and finally to go RB. Fix OL in FA.

Which I did.

2 top lineman in FA
TOO WR in FA maybe top in league

Draft a center

Pretty much did what u are suggesting.

I see you seem to only disagree about the center.

RB can be had by drafting early or FA(MAYBE CONNER)

Great write up Zim.

Let's do it
That’s a nice plan but I’m not sure Tomlinson shakes free and Adams has to get tagged.

There has been a lot of holding on Miami's dline. It doesn't get called very often but it shows how unstoppable and dominant they've become. Seiler has been a real gem. He's a total grinder who shows up with big plays every game. We need a huge effort against Tannehill and the Titans from our Dline. We can't give Ryan time to throw or he'll hurt us. We must rock him early and often right out of the gate. This is not the week to fall behind early. We must attack and take the lead and then build on it. I see a dog fight!! We'll win of course!! 16-13.

Back
Top Bottom