Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 16 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 16 Edition

A solid and expected win against a very undermanned club. Who would have thought that we could create a 7 game winning streak after a 1 - 7 start? That’s ridiculous. I’ll say it again…..A Solid win…..But it wasn’t perfect. On to the grades:

QB — B - : 19 of 26 for 198 is nice. A ton of very short throws. Tua’s only TD pass was a touch pass to Waddle. The 3rd down throw to Hollins was money. However, the interception was an unforced error….Even if it was against a very good defense. Regardless, a solid if unspectacular night for Tua.

RB’s — C + : 86 yards rushing for the game wasn’t too bad…..Especially behind this once again putrid OL. The problem is Gaskin is the only RB with a catch out of the backfield. 1 lousy catch for our RB’s. That won’t get it done next week.

TE’s — C : 6 catches for 53 yards tonight. An average game that again won’t get it done next week. Gesicki was OK as was Smythe. Not too much else to say here.

WR’s — C - : All Waddle again. Great game from him or else this is a D or an F. Where was Parker tonight? I know I saw him on the field. Great catch from Hollins that was actually a clutch play. Play calling was bad tonight….But this unit has got to do better.

OL — D - : We got the win but that was ridiculous tonight. Can we now end the ****ing Austin Jackson experiment? Please? Jessie Davis is in that same boat. Pathetic. No wonder we can’t throw deep. The only reason they get a D - is because we won.

DL — A : Obviously, the Saints OL was on life support. Regardless, our DL ate them alive. I almost felt sorry for Book. Poor kid. Nice job by our guys. We pretty much held Kamara in check all night. Great effort.

LB’s — A : Baker with big splash plays. Van Ginko with a tip that led to the pick 6. I thought Phillips was quiet tonight….But he had a couple pressures. Nice job overall.

DB’s — A : Pick 6 by Needham and a late one by Brandon Jones to seal it. Great effort by these guys. A lot of the night I saw blanket coverage. Just a great game by this unit.

ST’s — B : Solid effort. If Sanders hits the 59 yarder this is an A. Decent night for Palardy. Good coverage on punts tonight.

Coaching and Front Office — C : I gotta give the coaching staff credit for the 7 game winning streak. That’s hard to do. However, I thought the offensive play calling was trash the first half. No originality and no creativity. Better in the 2nd half but still not great. How were we not ready for the snap in the first half after the review?? Anyway…Grier gets a failing grade for this OL again…..But he gets a B for this rookie class.
Always agree!!! Great grades although there was 1 absolute BS holding call on Eichenberg

Just wanna throw one thing out there. Robert Hunt played well in the oline. Only lineman not called for holding and actually playing well.
I’ll say this….He’s improving. He’s had his struggles this year…But he seems to be playing better now. The rest of the OL…….Not so much

I agree with most of your grades. Except for lumping front office and coaching together. Front office has failed the offensive line. But coaching is doing a decent job covering it up with pre snap motion and short passing game. Opposing defensive gameplans have not been able to shut down our only response to no run game, deep threats. Waddle should be doubled every play but he keeps getting enough space to keep us in manageable down and distance. If we ever figure out the run game and give shots downfield to two capable tight ends, two capable wide receivers, and an accurate qb I like our offense.

Hunt is the only OL we have who will definitely keep his job next year. Next September we could have an entirely different OL, minus Hunt who will stay at RG.

I agree with the poster earlier that we need to get the best LT on the market (Armstead), a top OG (Teller) and draft the center from Iowa. That still leaves us with a hole at RT, but let Eichenberg and Jackson battle for the RT spot.

Sanders is an all pro. A paid all pro. Some in the game thread think it’s crazy to expect Sanders to make that kick. I do indoors expect better from what was arguably a top 5 kicker last year.

OL — D - : We got the win but that was ridiculous tonight. Can we now end the ****ing Austin Jackson experiment? Please? Jessie Davis is in that same boat. Pathetic. No wonder we can’t throw deep. The only reason they get a D - is because we won.

Coaching and Front Office — C : I gotta give the coaching staff credit for the 7 game winning streak. That’s hard to do. However, I thought the offensive play calling was trash the first half. No originality and no creativity. Better in the 2nd half but still not great. How were we not ready for the snap in the first half after the review?? Anyway…Grier gets a failing grade for this OL again…..But he gets a B for this rookie class.
The really painful part about Jackson is that his failures cause chaos with the other lineman. Eich (already playing out of position) reasonably holding his own for the most part, but so many times Jackson would lost control of his man on a stunt or clearing move would total screw him (Eich) up.

We need to revamp the receiver room. Waddle is great but the others do not fit Tuas skill set. We need precise route runners that can create a little separation. Parker and Gesicki are not it. Parker can hang around as a depth option because his contract is favorable but we need another guy to pair with Waddle in free agency and a draft pick. Hollins can hang around as a 5th wr because he seems to bring energy and is good on ST.

Back
Top Bottom