Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition

I think Thompson is tough as nails. You can't knock his desire or drive to win. He stood in there and took so many shots. Shots I think would have killed Tua. However, that's more his fault. His processing is slow and his release is even slower. I can't imagine him having much of a career in the NFL. He doesn't have the processing power or any outstanding tool.

I think Thompson is tough as nails. You can't knock his desire or drive to win. He stood in there and took so many shots. Shots I think would have killed Tua. However, that's more his fault. His processing is slow and his release is even slower. I can't imagine him having much of a career in the NFL. He doesn't have the processing power or any outstanding tool.
He needs to use his legs quicker

I understand it is easy to blame our coaching staff for finishing 9-8. There have been issues with clock management and penalties every week. The play calling has been suspect in critical positions.

That being said, can you imagine trying to make a gameplan for our back up QBs? Skylar’s ceiling is literally handing the ball off and not f***ing things up with stupid turnovers. He has played roughly 150 snaps this year and still can’t get through reads (or even move to his second read) and panics under pressure. He is a practice squad QB that has no business being on a NFL field. I understand he is playing because that is our only option, but he makes Cleo Lemon and John Beck look good.

Would you be happier if we lost or won today? Just honest question. No right or wrong answer like I tell my students.
Would always rather win
always have to make the playoffs
dont feel good about next week unless we have Tua, Terron, Hill, Mostert and Waddle.

Props to Robert Jones for his blocking. He's such a good run blocking OG, hope they find a way to keep him in the starting lineup.

Also a shout out to Wilkins for finishing the season with 98 tackles, which led the league at his postion.
Something I've saying all year: Robert Jones has to be on the field. You simply can not have Little and/or Eich on the field and Jones on the bench.

Jevon Holland has several holes in his game. That's evident the more I pay attention to him. For example, the Jets drive for their first field goal should have been stopped immediately. Flacco threw well short of the marker on third down. Baker and Holland were right there in position for the stop. Baker got juked, which is not atypical. But a safety like Holland should have smothered the running back. Instead Holland didn't attempt to wrap up at all. He merely ducked his shoulder and totally whiffed. Maybe he managed a nudge. Regardless, it was a pathetic attempt. You can't be so afraid of a spearing call that you avoid any attempt at a standard tackle.

Raekwon seemingly played a lot today. Sensible. He fit a game like that and had some good moments. I suspect his PFF grade will be considerably above his norm. But the question is what to do with him against Buffalo, in a matchup he doesn't fit and where he only played 32% of snaps last time.
I'm a Baker defender but I put that on Baker more than on Holland. Baker was the closer defender and it wasn't just that he got juked -- he didn't move toward receiver so he wasn't only juked, he was out of position. Holland was forced to play that tackle conservative because of that.

Back
Top Bottom