Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition

We are not getting tua back next week. But just try to enjoy team getting n playoffs. It doesn’t happen often. You said you errr fan since 79. So you got a lot of playoffs till 2002 then hardly any. Just try to be hslot they fought through the odds that most dolphins teams have not. It’s a playoff year. I get it they will be out next week. But they persevered and got in. I am shocked and you probably are too
Sorry I missed spelled a bunch. Had a few bourbons to celebrate in the quiet house

Yea no Tua at the game even in the stands tells us his career is up in the air and like u said both he Armstead require us to have a backup type starter at both positions. Not going to work this is not college where we have 90 roster spots.
At this point, I’m becoming convinced that we need to draft a QB with one of our third round picks. I doubt we can fit a 1A type of QB under our cap. Need to draft a prospect that can be molded by Bevell and McD.

We are not getting tua back next week. But just try to enjoy team getting n playoffs. It doesn’t happen often. You said you errr fan since 79. So you got a lot of playoffs till 2002 then hardly any. Just try to be hslot they fought through the odds that most dolphins teams have not. It’s a playoff year. I get it they will be out next week. But they persevered and got in. I am shocked and you probably are too
I am shocked
But how many times do we need to be kicked in the teeth
Its really almost like a cruel joke

The NFL Gods….”Ok, we’re gonna give you a sniff at the playoffs…..BUT……We’re gonna concuss your franchise QB and threaten his career just as he was coming into his own. Oh, we’re also gonna take out your LT so your backup QB will be sure to have issues and not have time to throw ****. And we’re not done yet, let’s bang up your two stud WRs so they limp into the playoffs.
Let’s see how you like a taste of the playoffs now. Screw all you Miami fans”

I am shocked

The NFL Gods….”Ok, we’re gonna give you a sniff at the playoffs…..BUT……We’re gonna concuss your franchise QB and threaten his career just as he was coming into his own. Oh, we’re also gonna take out your LT so your backup QB will be sure to have issues and not have time to throw ****. And we’re not done yet, let’s bang up your two stud WRs so they limp into the playoffs.
I agree. You are right. I didn’t even think we get in today after all that. But you are right. I know I would feel even worse if we lost today so thankful we won. But I agree with what you are saying.

Skylers big positive is not turning the ball over today. He can also take a hit and stay in the game. Other than that he was hideous and made a mockery of the QB position.
Just when it looked like our defense would fold, the PI on Kohu and letting the Jets offense drive enough to flip field position which was critical they did their jobs so kudos to them, our D line is very good.
McDaniel made a bad call on our first drive, should have punted and played the aforementioned field position game, other than that he did OK and actually won a challenge!
It was ugly as he'll but a win is a win and off to Buffalo we go. Hopefully Tua and Armstead can go.

I am shocked

That sniff though, smells so good after you haven't had a whiff after a while.

😉

That sniff though, smells so good after you haven't had a whiff after a while.

😉
Agreed
But I still can’t get over the fact we may have long range problems in the future with Tua
****, it took us how many years to find someone capable, how many QBs since Dan to finally land a guy who could play the position. Then Boom! It goes up in smoke.
A really sick joke

Agreed
But I still can’t get over the fact we may have long range problems in the future with Tua
****, it took us how many years to find someone capable, how many QBs since Dan to finally land a guy who could play the position. Then Boom! It goes up in smoke.
A really sick joke
Know how you feel boss. I take a more measured approach though with Tua and McD. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Tua obviously has fragility issues so I'm out on him on that, if somehow he can figure out how not to get destroyed easily, I can be back on board. McD, I haven't completely given up, but he makes some stupid stupid stupid decisions. I am willing to give him one more year. Usually it's 3, but the inneptitude this year you have pointed out took one away. He made playoffs by the skin of his teeth which is an improvement from last year, let's.see if he can continue and surprise us all!

At this point, I’m becoming convinced that we need to draft a QB with one of our third round picks. I doubt we can fit a 1A type of QB under our cap. Need to draft a prospect that can be molded by Bevell and McD.
It's going to be big quandary next season at both the bu positions at QB and LT.

We are in the playoffs so everyone gets an A

Go Dolphins

Amazon Miami GIF by NFL On Prime Video

While I definitely was one of the guys on this site that didn’t think we deserved to be in the playoffs…..We’re now in. I’m hoping Tua, Armstead and the rest of the guys that missed today are back and that we take Josh Allen’s soul like we did in week 3. The guys today did a good job in general and got us in….So…On to the grades.

QB — The Good: Thompson was 20 of 31 for 152 yards and had a QBR of 76.3. While no one is going to mistake Skylar Thompson for Dan Marino, he did have a few nice throws. Today Thompson was the ultimate game manager and it showed in his stats.

The Bad: Thompson missed more than a few wide-open receivers today. I understand that Thompson is a rookie but he didn’t come off his first look multiple times and it definitely held us back. It seemed to me Thompson was processing really slowly. If he plays next week, hopefully, he processes a little faster and moves to a second and third progression quicker.

The Grade: C + . We didn’t win the game because of Skyler Thompson but that’s OK. He did enough managing the offense to get us the win and that’s all we needed.

RB’s — The Good: 143 yards on the ground against the Jets defense is a good day. Wilson had 72 yards and Mostert had 71. Not a bad day at all especially against the Jets defense. I do want to point out a couple great blocks by Ingold. On one of Mostert’s longer runs, Ingold destroyed a linebacker in the hole. Props to Ingold for a good day even though he didn’t show up on the stat sheet.

The Bad: Not much bad today, the RB’s did their job for the most part. Against a good defense, the running backs performed as well as could be expected.

The Grade: B . While not a perfect day they definitely pulled their own weight to help with the win. Solid B effort.

WR’s — The Good: Obviously, with your QB position in game management mode, no one’s stats are going to jump off the board. However, I thought Waddle had a very good game, even though his stats didn’t show it. I thought Hill also had a good game and again, his stats were absent. It was also nice to see EE get into a game.

The Bad: Not sure if I should ding the receivers too much even though the QB was extremely limited today. Gardner also got the best of Hill on a lot of plays today. That kid has a future.

The Grade: B - . Waddle making the Jets horse-collar him on the last drive was a huge play. I actually thought that was a bad call, but will take it.

TE’s — The Good: Gesicki Sighting!! 4 nice catches for 46 yards when we needed it most. Smythe had 3 more for 39 yards. A good day for our TE’s on the receiving end.

The Bad: as decent as the day was on the receiving end of it, the blocking end of it wasn’t so good. A couple of miscommunications and a couple missed blocks hurts this grade.

The Grade: C + . If not for the missed blocks and the miscommunication this grade is a B +. Regardless, not a bad day for this group.

OL — The Good: 162 yards rushing against the Jets is a nice day. This unit scrapped all day and it was nice to see. Mostert and Wilson had some huge holes today and it showed in the stats.

The Bad: Against the Jets athletic front, the line didn’t hold up as well as they did in the running game. The Jets were only credited for one sack but these guys gave up a lot of pressure. This unit is going to have to play a lot better next week if we hope to be competitive in that game.

The Grade: C - . These guys did a good job today, but definitely were a little too soft in the passing game. Let’s hope for more next week.

DL — The Good: Wilkins in Seiler were maniacs today. Against a banged up Jet offensive line, these two were masterful. They did it all, stopping the run, rushing the passer, handing out Gatorade and even cleaning the toilets after the game. Awesome effort. The great part about this is that every defensive Lineman was noticeable today.

The Bad: Yes, they went against a very banged up offense of line, but it doesn’t matter. There was very little that you could point to today that was bad.

The Grade: B + . When you hold a division opponent to six points, you’re doing something right. This group was a huge part of that. Well Done.

LB’s — The Good: Phillips and Chubb were in the office of backfield most of the day. Phillips has really improved as the season has gone on. I actually noticed Chubb today on more than one occasion. Baker and Roberts also contributed and this group probably had its best day of the year.

The Bad: While we applied a lot of pressure to Flacco today, it’s gonna take more than that next week against Josh Allen. That’s about all I can say bad about this group today..

The Grade: B + . Very good Day by this group today. My only wish is that we had gotten a couple more sacks.

DB’s — The Good: After a very tough start to his day, Xavien Howard finished in style. Two great pass break ups at the end of the game help seal it. Kohou was noticeable today in a good way. This group only gave up 149 yards passing to Flacco. I’ll take that any day.

The Bad: While Howard finished the day strong, he definitely didn’t start that way. Garrett Wilson owned him for most of the day. There is little doubt Howard’s skills are declining. Hopefully, it’s just a byproduct of his injuries. We definitely need him at full strength next week.

The Grade: B . When you hold a division foe to 149 yards passing, I’d say you had a good day.

ST’s — The Good: Sanders with a clutch 50 yard kick was huge. The great news is he didn’t miss all day. Morestead was solid today as well.

The Bad: Our coverage teams weren’t good as usual. We’re going to need Sanders to kick the ball out of the end zone on every kick off next week. That is a certainty.

The Grade: B + . It was nice to see Sanders be clutch when needed. Now we have to figure out how to cover punts and kick offs, and we’ll be OK.

Coaching — The Good: I can’t believe it, but we actually saw jet sweep today. I almost fell off the couch. McDaniel had one very good series of playcalling that I can recall. I pretty much agreed with everything he called in that series. I’ll take small improvement anytime. I also like the idea of putting Hill and Waddle on the return teams.

The Bad: Unfortunately, I didn’t agree with a lot of playcalling by McDaniel today. But I can’t complain too much because we got the win. I’ll leave it at that.

The Grade: C - . Hopefully, McDaniel has saved his best coaching day for next week against Buffalo.

Conclusion: We are in the playoffs now. If the right guys get healthy, we can do some damage. I know that’s a big if but that’s my hope. And as the old saying goes crazier things have happened.
Well, did patriots deserve it anymore than miami? I didn't think so. I think miami deserved it more than patriots. We were down to 3rd string. Patriots have a tough defense, but their starting qb is not that good and their offense has been limited. Patriots needed pts given to them by teddy last week and skylar to win because of their inept offense from macorckle. And steelers have been playing better and won vs browns at end. But miami did beat them earlier this season. So out of the 3, I feel miami was more deserving than pats, and steelers, tho miami hasn't looked too good

Well, did patriots deserve it anymore than miami? I didn't think so. I think miami deserved it more than patriots. We were down to 3rd string. Patriots have a tough defense, but their starting qb is not that good and their offense has been limited. Patriots needed pts given to them by teddy last week and skylar to win because of their inept offense from macorckle. And steelers have been playing better and won vs browns at end. But miami did beat them earlier this season. So out of the 3, I feel miami was more deserving than pats, and steelers, tho miami hasn't looked too good
Ya and Steelers are only team that started same game online all season
Only team that didn’t lose a starter for season.
And they only beat two teams with winning records. Ravens had backup qb and bengals missed their long snapper so they missed figs and extra points. They beat up on nfl south. They didn’t deserve it. Plus we beat them

Ya and Steelers are only team that started same game online all season
Only team that didn’t lose a starter for season.
And they only beat two teams with winning records. Ravens had backup qb and bengals missed their long snapper so they missed figs and extra points. They beat up on nfl south. They didn’t deserve it. Plus we beat them
You know what's really great is to think if Patriots didn't do that stupid lateral at end of game, that got picked and returned for td with not time left that won game for raiders. The patriots might've beat the raiders in overtime and they'd have one less loss and probably in playoffs instead lol. Gotta love it

You know what's really great is to think if Patriots didn't do that stupid lateral at end of game, that got picked and returned for td with not time left that won game for raiders. The patriots might've beat the raiders in overtime and they'd have one less loss and probably in playoffs instead lol. Gotta love it
I never thought of that. But I did realize at time it was huge. I always thought we were wc team and rooted against pats and jets when they played bills. I never thought we get division. Just happy to sneak in. Hopefully we build on it. This team had a lot of injuries. This year

Back
Top Bottom