Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition

Other than the Jackson long TD in the third quarter, the defense played much better than the first half. So it appear they did clean up a lot of their issues after halftime.

On special teams, they made sure Sanders kickoffs were deeper with no returns.

As far as Tua throwing into tight cover is concerned. The fact is defensive backs in the NFL are good and it’s their job to cover the receivers. Therefore QB’s are frequently throwing into tight coverage and sometimes the defensive back intercepts the ball but most of the time the receiver makes the catch.

If Tua wasn’t willing to throw into tight coverage on occasion, the Dolphins might not have won the game today. Because Waddle was completely covered on that last TD pass but Tua threw it anyway and Waddle came down with the catch.
I agree regarding Tua's tight coverage throws, I guess I'm being nitpicky there.

The Bad: The 2 picks were not good in the first half. Without those 2 picks, Tua has an almost perfect day.
I agree that the 2nd pick was all on Tua. The first pick was a ball he was trying to squeeze into a small opening and while it probably wasn’t a great choice to throw it, it was a ball that could have been caught just as luckily as it was intercepted.
So to me, his 2nd int was the only bad throw I question.

I agree with 1972forever. The first INT wasn’t all that bad. Those types of outcomes are going to happen from time to time trying to fit balls into tight windows.

Even then, it took a huge amount of bad fortune for the deflected ball to fall right into the defender’s hand as he lay on the turf.

Back
Top Bottom