Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Be Forewarned….. A lot of you are not going to like my grades this week. Here they are:

QB — C - : Jacoby Brissett didn’t play that bad to be honest. He made some nice throws. I actually blame this loss on our horrible OL (no shocker there) and our terrible play calling. Brissett even ran for a few nice first downs. All in all….Not a bad game by a career backup.

RB — C - :Brown started the game over Gaskin? I’m assuming that was because of pass pro issues. In my book.. Blaming the pass pro issues on the RB’s is like blaming the Titanic hitting the ice berg on the engine mechanics. Sure they were part of it….But they didn’t steer the ****en ship. Anyway….Gaskin had a couple nice runs. Obviously, we need more production from this unit. I was going to give them a D but then I remembered they play behind the worst OL in the league.

TE — D + : Gesicki finally got into the game late. Ummmmm….That’s pretty much it. The run blocking has to improve dramatically for this unit. Except for a few good plays by Gesicki…This was a Solid F.

WR — C - : Parker was decent. Waddle with a busy day. Not bad at all by him. However, our shitty Offensive Coordinators aren’t really using him correctly yet IMO. He’s a keeper though. Fuller with a couple drops. Not an auspicious start by any means. Although, I thought he deserved a PI in the end zone.

OL — F : Again. Note to Austin Jackson….Please quit playing football. You are not good at it. I’m sure there are going to be guys on here saying “Well…. He played better than last week” And “He only gave up 8 hurries compared to last weeks 12”. I hate to break it to you guys…He is a bust. He needs to be sat down immediately. Davis was bad at guard. Eichenberg was only marginally better than Davis was at RT. That’s disappointing. And here’s a news flash…Deiter is not good at Center. How many times was Brissett hurried tonight? At least 20. Pathetic.

DL — D : Too many holes for Raider backs to run through. Too little pass rush. Not a great game. Yes, Wilkins made a few plays…Nowhere near enough. Did Phillips get near Carr today? I didn’t see it if he did. Where has Ogbah been? The D could not get off the field again on 3rd down. This unit has to step up.

LB — D + : The plus is for the pick six by Roberts. Other than that…Did any one of them do anything to change the game at all? Nope.

DB’s — C+ : Again, this is the best unit on the field for the Dolphins. X played well today. Jones played well. Brandon Jones played well today. Holland played well. Coleman brought this unit down from a B -. He didn’t look so great today.

ST’s — D : Sanders with a couple misses. Palardy just sucks in my book. Jakeem Grant with a typical Jakeem Grant day

Coaching and Front Office — F : Again. Offensive play calling is atrocious. If your OL sucks creating a pocket…Move the ****en pocket….Throw screens to tire out their DL. Do something different for Christ’s sake. Just asking for a friend….Did Noah get in the game? I give them credit for hanging in…But I thought we really could have won that game if we had better offensive play calling. I hated the inside toss to Gesicki….The 2nd time was even worse.

Be Forewarned….. A lot of you are not going to like my grades this week. Here they are:

QB — C - : Jacoby Brissett didn’t play that bad to be honest. He made some nice throws. I actually blame this loss on our horrible OL (no shocker there) and our terrible play calling. Brissett even ran for a few nice first downs. All in all….Not a bad game by a career backup.

RB — C - :Brown started the game over Gaskin? I’m assuming that was because of pass pro issues. In my book.. Blaming the pass pro issues on the RB’s is like blaming the Titanic hitting the ice berg on the engine mechanics. Sure they were part of it….But they didn’t steer the ****en ship. Anyway….Gaskin had a couple nice runs. Obviously, we need more production from this unit. I was going to give them a D but then I remembered they play behind the worst OL in the league.

TE — D + : Gesicki finally got into the game late. Ummmmm….That’s pretty much it. The run blocking has to improve dramatically for this unit. Except for a few good plays by Gesicki…This was a Solid F.

WR — C - : Parker was decent. Waddle with a busy day. Not bad at all by him. However, our ****ty Offensive Coordinators aren’t really using him correctly yet IMO. He’s a keeper though. Fuller with a couple drops. Not an auspicious start by any means. Although, I thought he deserved a PI in the end zone.

OL — F : Again. Note to Austin Jackson….Please quit playing football. You are not good at it. I’m sure there are going to be guys on here saying “Well…. He played better than last week” And “He only gave up 8 hurries compared to last weeks 12”. I hate to break it to you guys…He is a bust. He needs to be sat down immediately. Davis was bad at guard. Eichenberg was only marginally better than Davis was at RT. That’s disappointing. And here’s a news flash…Deiter is not good at Center. How many times was Brissett hurried tonight? At least 20. Pathetic.

DL — D : Too many holes for Raider backs to run through. Too little pass rush. Not a great game. Yes, Wilkins made a few plays…Nowhere near enough. Did Phillips get near Carr today? I didn’t see it if he did. Where has Ogbah been? The D could not get off the field again on 3rd down. This unit has to step up.

LB — D + : The plus is for the pick six by Roberts. Other than that…Did any one of them do anything to change the game at all? Nope.

DB’s — C+ : Again, this is the best unit on the field for the Dolphins. X played well today. Jones played well. Brandon Jones played well today. Holland played well. Coleman brought this unit down from a B -. He didn’t look so great today.

ST’s — D : Sanders with a couple misses. Palardy just sucks in my book. Jakeem Grant with a typical Jakeem Grant day

Coaching and Front Office — F : Again. Offensive play calling is atrocious. If your OL sucks creating a pocket…Move the ****en pocket….Throw screens to tire out their DL. Do something different for Christ’s sake. Just asking for a friend….Did Noah get in the game? I give them credit for hanging in…But I thought we really could have won that game if we had better offensive play calling. I hated the inside toss to Gesicki….The 2nd time was even worse.
A little high for my liking, but we agree on coach/gm. FAIL!

Brissett is doing his best and he’ll put you in situations to win if the defense helps him out and they did that helping him to a 14-0 lead early. But he needs better protection or it gets ugly.

I’m over the love affair with Malcolm brown. He’s terrible in short yardage.

Gesicki does good with how little Miami uses him. Probably time to part ways with Shaheen and give Hunter Long his reps. Why long is inactive I’ll never understand.

I’m fine with parting ways with every WR but Waddle next year.

Not talking about the O-line. Gives me
acid reflux

DL continues to be soft. And the linebackers are always nonexistent.

Coleman sucks and can’t figure out how he snuck his way on to the roster. The fact that Noah is a healthy scratch over this guy is blood curdling frightening

Also time to get rid of Grant.

Coaching is regressing just as bad as some of the second year players.

Last edited:

WR — C - : Parker was decent. Waddle with a busy day. Not bad at all by him. However, our ****ty Offensive Coordinators aren’t really using him correctly yet IMO. He’s a keeper though. Fuller with a couple drops. Not an auspicious start by any means. Although, I thought he deserved a PI in the end zone.

IMO the only offensive players worth keeping on the roster in 2022 are Tua, Gaskin, Waddle, Parker, Gesicki, Long, Hunt and Eichenberg. I know our OL has played poorly, but Hunt and Eichenberg might be salvageable long term if you surround them with players who deserve to be starting for a NFL team.

On defense the loss of Raekwon Davis has had a huge impact. Our scheme needs a guy that can play the 0 and open up things for the other DLmen. On another note I have no idea why we gave Baker a $13M per year extension. He is non existent on run defense. He isn’t a bad player, but for that kind of money you expect a guy with a complete game.

I pointed out our team has started off nearly the same every season under Flores week 1. They look confused and out coached early in the season. At some point the light comes on and we start winning. Remember; we started last season 1-3 and went on to win 10 games.

It sucks to lose, but the only thing that matters is what we do from here out.

What you wrote on AJ should also go for Grier. Please quit your job. Please stop drafting. Please stop bringing in FA that aren’t even good enough to keep around. You are terrible at your job. Grier deserves more blame for drafting him than AJ deserves for sucking.

Also can’t agree on the TEs. Geisexy is a beast and catches everything thrown his way

When I find something to argue with I will but... I just cant. I will say that this loss is completely on tow things. Offensive line was plain offensive and Play-calling was simply atrocious when it mattered most. Who the **** designed a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage when your on the 1 foot line... that's designed to fail.

I remember Sanders missing the 48 yarder off the upright, when was the other miss?

Hey Zim. Thanks again for the write up.

I usually am pretty close with your evaluations, but I think you are being harsh with some of these grades.

I think Brissett gets a C+/B- considering the play of the offensive line. He gave Miami a chance to win, which is saying a lot. The fourth down 27-yard play to Geiscki was huge. Without that, I might be closer to your grade.

The offensive line was much better, although they made the Raiders defensive look better than it is. I don't see F there. I might go C-/D+.

Kind of agree with you on the defensive line. I haven't seen any team really pressure Carr much this season, though. They are closing in on elite as far as offensive line play.

I understand the offensive approach, although I'm disappointed there weren't many big plays. I thought there would be a few opportunities.

That said, the Fuller play in OT easily could have been PI and most likely have set the Dolphins up for the win. Great play call there.

Hated the WC plays when you have a physical quarterback who can run. I would have rolled Brissett out and given him a run/pass option there. The call on the safety was bad as well.

Miami Dolphins- D just a step better than last week's F.
Flores- F for fail. You picked the OL coach and OC(s).
The pass to waddle in the end zone 😆🤣😂😆🤣😂

OL is F but receivers are C?
In what world?
Terrible observations and grades for the game.

Thanks Zim, good deal as always, much appreciated... :UP:

OL is F but receivers are C?
In what world?
Terrible observations and grades for the game.
And what would your grades be? Why not take the time as he does and rate each position with commentary. You took the lazy way out, where's your objective rebuttal?

Agree the grades are harsh. We went to OT with a backup QB against a decent team playing at home and clicking well.

All things considered, we did better than expected. I will say that last year that seemed to be a game we'd pull out a W. Not this year though.

And what would your grades be? Why not take the time as he does and rate each position with commentary. You took the lazy way out, where's your objective rebuttal?
His analysis is terrible.

My grades on O would be since you calling me out:

QB - C met expectations, made things happen with his legs, escaped pressure at times, and gave Dolphins a chance, good enough for a back up
WR - D, below expectations, did not make anything happen, caught a few underneath throws basically all game.
TE - C this position was underutilized in the passing game, but Mike made a couple of big catches late. They blocked okay.
RB - D did not make it happen today, failed to find creases, not good enough in short yardage, Gaskin was called upon on screens and failed to execute, There was a rushing TD which bumps the grade to D, otherwise would be an F.
OL - C they did their job today. They got beat a few times, but overall they held up, created holes, blocked downfield and gave Jacoby time and lanes to do something.
OC - F basically lost the game.

But let me drive this point to you: His grades are jaded and garbage!

Eichenberg was only marginally better than Davis was at RT

There was a snap early in that final TD drive vs a stock 4 man front and a 3 tech DT where Eich's first look was to help Hunt then try to get back wide vs the DE edge and he didn't get there in time. This is the same thing Jackson attempted last week vs Buffalo. Both failed. This is what we are teaching these kids to do. That is an epic fail from a coaching standpoint. Why are we doing this? Holy **** this offensive staff looks like it was hired by a defensive head coach that has no idea what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom