Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 3 Edition

His analysis is terrible.

My grades on O would be since you calling me out:

QB - C met expectations, made things happen with his legs, escaped pressure at times, and gave Dolphins a chance, good enough for a back up
WR - D, below expectations, did not make anything happen, caught a few underneath throws basically all game.
TE - C this position was underutilized in the passing game, but Mike made a couple of big catches late. They blocked okay.
RB - D did not make it happen today, failed to find creases, not good enough in short yardage, Gaskin was called upon on screens and failed to execute, There was a rushing TD which bumps the grade to D, otherwise would be an F.
OL - C they did their job today. They got beat a few times, but overall they held up, created holes, blocked downfield and gave Jacoby time and lanes to do something.
OC - F basically lost the game.

But let me drive this point to you: His grades are jaded and garbage!
Not calling you out, just stating it's easy to be critical when you're not backing up your point of view. I appreciate you taking the time to present your grades with the accompanying commentary. That was much better than telling him his grades were trash without giving the reasons why you disagree.
His grades are his opinions, the same as yours. It may be quite possible you both viewed the game a bit differently and are using different benchmarks, which isn't unusual. After seeing your grades I must admit, you're pretty damn good with handing out grades, quite possibly the best I've seen around here. You obviously have a keen eye and a much broader knowledge of the game to be able to be so accurate in your grading, my apologies are in order.

But let me drive this point to you: You should try to show a bit more respect and be less confrontational around here.
By the way, your grades are garbage...

Squandering a 14 point lead by being super cute and conservative: A mother****ing +

There was a snap early in that final TD drive vs a stock 4 man front and a 3 tech DT where Eich's first look was to help Hunt then try to get back wide vs the DE edge and he didn't get there in time. This is the same thing Jackson attempted last week vs Buffalo. Both failed. This is what we are teaching these kids to do. That is an epic fail from a coaching standpoint. Why are we doing this? Holy **** this offensive staff looks like it was hired by a defensive head coach that has no idea what he's doing.
This is a nice observation.

ST’s — D : Sanders with a couple misses.

Sanders only missed one kick. That bounced off the right upright.

He made clutch kicks to keep MIA in range to tie with their last second TD and 2pt conversion in regulation and then again in OT.

He's human and will miss kicks from time to time. But let's not tally kicks he didn't miss ;)

Did Phillips get near Carr today? I didn’t see it if he did. Where has Ogbah been?
Philips got near Carr a few times. Ogbah got held on nearly every play, and got hands to the face several times. There should have been at least 4 holding penalties called, even if the refs were mostly letting the guys play.

One major problem, whether we start Brissett or Tua is that the offense starts out as if its playing not to lose. Its not shocking that when we opened up the playbook we were able to move the ball.

It wasn't the Raiders giving it to us either like some teams that play a soft prevent.

The refs screwed us too, that throw to Fuller in the endzone was a pass interference.

I thought i saw Eichenberg play left guard?

Deiter doesnt seem bad at all at Center.

Not calling you out, just stating it's easy to be critical when you're not backing up your point of view. I appreciate you taking the time to present your grades with the accompanying commentary. That was much better than telling him his grades were trash without giving the reasons why you disagree.
His grades are his opinions, the same as yours. It may be quite possible you both viewed the game a bit differently and are using different benchmarks, which isn't unusual. After seeing your grades I must admit, you're pretty damn good with handing out grades, quite possibly the best I've seen around here. You obviously have a keen eye and a much broader knowledge of the game to be able to be so accurate in your grading, my apologies are in order.

But let me drive this point to you: You should try to show a bit more respect and be less confrontational around here.
By the way, your grades are garbage...
Such a shame, I cant see anything that guy posts. LOL

There was a snap early in that final TD drive vs a stock 4 man front and a 3 tech DT where Eich's first look was to help Hunt then try to get back wide vs the DE edge and he didn't get there in time. This is the same thing Jackson attempted last week vs Buffalo. Both failed. This is what we are teaching these kids to do. That is an epic fail from a coaching standpoint. Why are we doing this? Holy **** this offensive staff looks like it was hired by a defensive head coach that has no idea what he's doing.

Bullseye!

There is no OL coach worth a nickel that teaches this type of blocking philosophy, I have watched him for 2 weeks straight in total confusion as to what they are trying to accomplish. I really don't believe it is the players, they have the skill sets, they are totally confused and demoralized. They no idea who to block, when to block and where/when help is needed or expected.

Sorry Flores/Grier you need to step back from selecting these coaches.

"The Dolphins' rushing attack finished with 133 yards on 27 attempts. Myles Gaskin was Miami’s most effective rusher, averaging five yards per carry on his 13 attempts while forcing a game-leading four missed tackles. The Dolphins' offensive line was dominant in the running game yet struggled in pass protection The unit was remarkably effective at opening and maintaining holes for rushers, with the team averaging two rushing yards before contact. In pass protection, the group allowed 25 total pressures, including two that were converted into sacks."

Coaching seems to be the biggest factor in the loss to me. I'll give them a D- offensively.

Back
Top Bottom