Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 6 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 6 Edition

Are you ****ing kidding me?? An 0-5 team….Missing 3 starters on their OL. This is a loss on our coach. Period. No if’s, and’s or but’s. On to the grades:

QB’s — B - : This loss was not Tua’s fault. Missing 3 receivers, he played well enough to win this game. HOWEVER, the interception is concerning. A 2 man route and he throws that ball when we had all the momentum? Not a remotely good decision. Still, you cannot blame Tua for the loss. My problem is, does Tua have it or not? I’m really conflicted. I’m starting to lean to the no he doesn’t side after that pick. But we still don’t know.

RB’s — D + : Drops. Slow to the holes. No real rushing yards. When your QB is your 2nd leading rusher and was only 2 yards behind your leading rusher…..A D + is the best I can give.

TE’s — B : Gesicki looked good and went for 115. Smythe had 59 yards and looked good. However, his non block on 4th down cost us big time. Carter had one catch for 8 yards. If Smythe makes the block on 4th… This is an A.

WR’s — C - : The only reason the grade is this high is because of Waddle. 10 catches for 70 yards an 2 TD’s. Nice game by him. Hollins had 4 catches for 61 yards which was OK. The offensive PI against him was awful.

OL — F : Jacksonville was getting pressure ALL DAY. They also got pressure when only rushing 3 guys. Credit to Tua to hang in there. No sacks… But that just doesn’t tell the story. Quite simply, this whole unit can go. I’m not going to go into the names again….But they are a huge reason we lost this game. They actually played better today and were still pathetic.

DL — D + : Very inconsistent until the 4th quarter. Ogbah had a nice sack. Wilkins with a sack and a FF. However, This unit isn’t good enough against the run at all. Overall, they have got to play better from the first snap on.

LB’s — D - : Baker is the most up and down LBer in the league. He made a couple nice plays…But he is way too soft in coverage. Van Ginkle is a completely different guy than he was last year…. And not for the better. Where was Phillips today? These guys are a main reason we can’t stop the run.

DB’s — D - : OK….Iggy is a bust. Period. A long TD and another crucial first down catch given up. He has to go. Holland played well today. It’s hard to cover a guy for 5 seconds though. The lack of pressure today hurt this unit. Regardless, Iggy has to go. He just doesn’t have it.

ST’s — F : Sanders wasn’t even in the same Area code on the 58 yarder at the end of the half. Palardy is a joke. This team is sad.

Coaching and Front Office — F : So…Rookie QB….And we only start to run the Amoeba defense in the 4th quarter? And what do you know? It was effective. Too little too late though. The 2 challenges were stupid. Especially the challenge on the punt. Our offense is running the same exact plays week after week….Our OL is terrible. Bottom Line is that We didn’t deserve to win this game. The blame is strictly on Flores. This was a disgusting display of stupid coaching. Ross has got to make a change after this year. As for Grier….You guys know where I stand on that.
Woah, Zimm! I saw the game very different. Tua was terrific as was Brissett’ one pass. The QBs get a B+ or A- from me. Tua made two dumb plays - when he didn’t run for it on 3rd and 2 and the pick. On both occasions, on the very next drives, he drove the team down for scores. That’s what you want to see when deciding if a guy has it or not.

Also, Tua didn’t face any real pressure today. By NFL standards he was barely touched - and he roasted the Jax D all game as a result. When he did feel pressure he moved away and found places to launch from.

Iggy sucks and he really hurt us. Same with our punter. Our RBs can’t make yards after contact which leads me to Flores. He coached one of the worst games in franchise history. And that’s not hyperbole here. First, he challenges the Gaskin play which wasn’t going to be overturned. Fine. Not really but, then he doubled down on “stupid” on the next play on the punt. No way they overturn that and he had time to look at it 35 times before he challenged it. 2 blown TOs just like that. Then going for it on 4th and a very long 1 on his side of the field - the right thing to do there was to punt but without his timeouts I guess he felt he was forced into going for the win. So he calls a run on a day where Tua had his way w the Jags. I think we were over 50% on 3rd down conversions. Those short passes to the flats and slants were there all day. Awful call. Finally, did he forget the Jags had a TO left w 0:06 left? You saw the entire D drop back for the Hail Mary only to have a quick slant thrown. And then what happened to coaching situational awareness in the event the Jags did that? The dumb-dumb tags the WR w 0:01 left ? Just be slower to touch him and the clock runs out.

I think the grades were way to hard on the QB, OL and not hard enough on Flores - what’s worse than F- ???

I agree for the most part. I think Igbinoghene played better than expected for how little we have used him this year. I understand the TD vs him was rough. He was in good coverage and got beat by a throw and catch that were both great. In all seriousness, like 85% of NFL CBs get beat there. I’m not saying he will ever be good, but sometimes there is very little a DB can do in 1v1 coverage vs a great throw and bigger WR.
He didn’t look back on the big 3rd down. He also tackles people up high.

Are you ****ing kidding me?? An 0-5 team….Missing 3 starters on their OL. This is a loss on our coach. Period. No if’s, and’s or but’s. On to the grades:

QB’s — B - : This loss was not Tua’s fault. Missing 3 receivers, he played well enough to win this game. HOWEVER, the interception is concerning. A 2 man route and he throws that ball when we had all the momentum? Not a remotely good decision. Still, you cannot blame Tua for the loss. My problem is, does Tua have it or not? I’m really conflicted. I’m starting to lean to the no he doesn’t side after that pick. But we still don’t know.

RB’s — D + : Drops. Slow to the holes. No real rushing yards. When your QB is your 2nd leading rusher and was only 2 yards behind your leading rusher…..A D + is the best I can give.

TE’s — B : Gesicki looked good and went for 115. Smythe had 59 yards and looked good. However, his non block on 4th down cost us big time. Carter had one catch for 8 yards. If Smythe makes the block on 4th… This is an A.

WR’s — C - : The only reason the grade is this high is because of Waddle. 10 catches for 70 yards an 2 TD’s. Nice game by him. Hollins had 4 catches for 61 yards which was OK. The offensive PI against him was awful.

OL — F : Jacksonville was getting pressure ALL DAY. They also got pressure when only rushing 3 guys. Credit to Tua to hang in there. No sacks… But that just doesn’t tell the story. Quite simply, this whole unit can go. I’m not going to go into the names again….But they are a huge reason we lost this game. They actually played better today and were still pathetic.

DL — D + : Very inconsistent until the 4th quarter. Ogbah had a nice sack. Wilkins with a sack and a FF. However, This unit isn’t good enough against the run at all. Overall, they have got to play better from the first snap on.

LB’s — D - : Baker is the most up and down LBer in the league. He made a couple nice plays…But he is way too soft in coverage. Van Ginkle is a completely different guy than he was last year…. And not for the better. Where was Phillips today? These guys are a main reason we can’t stop the run.

DB’s — D - : OK….Iggy is a bust. Period. A long TD and another crucial first down catch given up. He has to go. Holland played well today. It’s hard to cover a guy for 5 seconds though. The lack of pressure today hurt this unit. Regardless, Iggy has to go. He just doesn’t have it.

ST’s — F : Sanders wasn’t even in the same Area code on the 58 yarder at the end of the half. Palardy is a joke. This team is sad.

Coaching and Front Office — F : So…Rookie QB….And we only start to run the Amoeba defense in the 4th quarter? And what do you know? It was effective. Too little too late though. The 2 challenges were stupid. Especially the challenge on the punt. Our offense is running the same exact plays week after week….Our OL is terrible. Bottom Line is that We didn’t deserve to win this game. The blame is strictly on Flores. This was a disgusting display of stupid coaching. Ross has got to make a change after this year. As for Grier….You guys know where I stand on that.
An 0-20 team*

Once again, I can't disagree on any of the grades you gave. I stated that I thought this team would lose to the jags and some people on this site laughed at me. This is just not a good football team!

The PI on Hollins really hurt. A couple of calls definitely went against Miami, including the unnecessary roughness on Holland.

That said, have to find a way to beat Jacksonville. Agree with most of your grades. I thought the offensive line did a good job on pass protection, though. Maybe I'm just getting used to bad.

At least Meyer got our ass on this trip instead of his squeeze

The INT was atrocious, but what may be forgotten was he then proceeded to drive us 91 yards to get a TD and the lead on a 7 play drive that had six passes.

This offense has no balance because Grier and Flores have been too stubborn to address RB. It's hard to know whether it's the line or RB when they're constantly using bargain bin backs.

Salt to the wound is we've invested so much into our pass defense that's pretty mediocre, besides Xavien, all things considered.

Today's positives

1) Jacoby Brissett's perfect day and 158.3 QB rating.

2) The 1972 Dolphins still remain the only undefeated team in NFL history.

3) A zombie apocalypse didn't strike London during the game.

4) Grier didn't trade away any more 1st round picks during the game.

5) The Dolphins defense didn't allow Josh Allen to complete a single pass today.

PHINS UP, BABY!!!

Gesicki was amazing in this game, our Rb's are pretty awful. At least an A
We agree on that!

I was hoping Miami would have extended Gesicki this off-season. The price will go significantly by waiting or they will stupidly let him sign elsewhere. Franchise tag possible, but not sure Gesicki will be as motivated to play under that.

I agree for the most part. I think Igbinoghene played better than expected for how little we have used him this year. I understand the TD vs him was rough. He was in good coverage and got beat by a throw and catch that were both great. In all seriousness, like 85% of NFL CBs get beat there. I’m not saying he will ever be good, but sometimes there is very little a DB can do in 1v1 coverage vs a great throw and bigger WR.

I'm with you on this one. Igbo has his faults but on some of those catches, he was literally in the hip pocket of that WR. His biggest flaw is lack of awareness and getting his head around. Those were incredibly tight window throws so i give a tip of the cap to Lawrence and the WRs on those. Compared to some really bad tape i've seen on him, this was an improvement.

I watched the Chargers vs Ravens game today and both Herbert and Jackson threw back to back interceptions which made you wonder who they were throwing the ball. Because in both instances the balls were thrown right to the defender.

I just mention this because it just shows that every QB can make a terrible decision on occasion.

There’s nothing to say anymore. I’m just watching for individual performances now and waiting for incoming FO changes.

Back
Top Bottom