Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition

I would give Tua a "B+" ... watching the replay on the 1st interception is looked more like a poorly run route by Smythe. Tua referred to it as a miscommunication. The second interception was obviously all on Tua. The OL was piss poor in protection on that play, but that is when Tua just live with the sack. Besides that, Tua was money all day. His ball placement overall was terrific. His leadership in the 4th quarter outstanding...80% completion to go with 4 TD passes, 28 points plus a blocked FG, a "B" at a minimum.

I agree with this statement:

Preston Williams...can’t catch anything
He made a couple of mistakes, yes, but overall I was encouraged by watching him. IF he can clean up mistakes like that he could be really good. Great accuracy and he showed leadership and resolve.

I would give a Tua no worse than a B. The first interception was not a great pass but it was not as awful as some posters made it out to be. The second interception is the reason his grade was a B instead of an A. It was an awful decision and there is no way to defend that pass.

Otherwise he made the plays to bring his team back from 2 scores down in the 4th quarter and when he left the field for the last time yesterday, the Dolphins were leading the game.

Considering he was playing with only one of his top 4 WR’s and Gesicki, he did an excellent job overall. I really don’t see how he only rates a C plus considering his 4 TD passes and his play in the 4th quarter after the game appeared over once the Falcons took a 12 point lead.

Though I agree with you that INT was horrible and he needs to understand he does not have to force plays if they're not there, it also looked like a desperation play from Tua from seeing drive after drive stall before that.

Tua is in a bad position doing enough to win, with few weapons around him, an O-Line that can only be counted to eventually fail at some point, and a Defense that when they most need to make plays, they instead allow them to the opponents.

If I were to caption Waddle on that, “Oh crap, Tua’s in trouble and he might try to throw that to me. I am surrounded by Falcons. I’m gonna get the hell out of here!”
The pass looked a lot worse on TV. Yet if Waddle had not moved to his left just as Tua was making the pass, he would have had a good opportunity to make the catch. When you view the play based on what Tua saw when he was about to throw the ball and where Waddle was at that time, the pass doesn’t look nearly as bad as it did at the time it happened.

Though I agree with you that INT was horrible and he needs to understand he does not have to force plays if they're not there, it also looked like a desperation play from Tua from seeing drive after drive stall before that.

Tua is in a bad position doing enough to win, with few weapons around him, an O-Line that can only be counted to eventually fail at some point, and a Defense that when they most need to make plays, they instead allow them to the opponents.
Go back and look at the play that was posted on this thread. Tua threw the ball where Waddle was at as he was about to release the ball but Waddle suddenly moved to his left and that made it appear Tua was just throwing the ball up for grabs.

While it still wasn’t a smart pass. When you look at the pass from the angle shown in this post, it puts a different perspective on what Tua saw and why he thought he could compete the pass to Waddle.

I am for sacking Jackson and rolling with Kindley, and how about trying the kid we got from Carolina at RT? Tua is trying and not getting much help. Flores may have cost himself his job by his lack of creative Offensive philosophy

As others have said I definitely think we win this game if we actually play to win on O. I would bet that our average points per drive are highest for the first drive of the game, and the first of the second half. After that I'm struggling to work out what we are trying to do on the second drive and quite a few subsequent ones, are we actually trying to score TDs or some kind of weird 'ask the D questions' for want of a better phrase. The Falcons were there for the taking and the loss is solely on the coaching staff.
As for Tua, the more you see the more you love what he is doing. The 1st Int I would suggest he shouldn't be throwing it to Smythe, I would argue the coaching staff should have our best receiving TE in for that play. The 2nd Int clearly Tua should shoulder some of the blame, you can see exactly what he was trying to do but he needed to take the sack.
Thanks Zim for your thoughts!

I am for sacking Jackson and rolling with Kindley, and how about trying the kid we got from Carolina at RT? Tua is trying and not getting much help. Flores may have cost himself his job by his lack of creative Offensive philosophy
What about giving Robert Jones some work at LG? Either Grier or Flores is being stubborn about playing Jackson because he went top 20. Look at the Titans. They cut Wilson. It happens. Admit the mistake and move on. This guy is costing us wins.

FWIW I thought the first interception was fine.

Tua made an aggressive throw into the end zone and was trying to put points on the board. Durham Smythe ran his route like a ****ing dickhead. All he's got to do is keep running and that's an incomplete pass. Maybe even a touchdown if he actually makes a play. Which we know he won't, because there isn't one of these losers who is going to make a play unless Tua hands it to them on a silver platter.

Back
Top Bottom