Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
On the road against a very good Eagles team, very banged up and committing 10 penalties is not a prescription for a win in the NFL. But….That’s what we saw tonight. Are the Eagles a better team? They were tonight. Would they be better in Miami or at a neutral field or with competent referees? Debatable. On to the grades:

QB — C : 23 of 32 for 216 isn’t a horrible night. It’s not real good either. The pick was not a good throw. However, there is no doubt Mostert was interfered with and that should have been a PI call. Tua got almost no help from the OL tonight as well. It’s hard to face the Eagles defense with no OL and no running game. Again, not a great performance from Tua, but not horrible either.

RB’s — D + : 12 Rushes for 45 yards isn’t cutting it on the ground against good teams in this league. Mostert had all 45 yards and no one else contributed in any meaningful way. Very unimpressive game from this crew. Again, the OL was no help here.

WR’s — C : A couple crucial drops by Hill. While he had a good night, it wasn’t that good by his standards. Waddle came back in the game after his back got hurt and made a couple catches. Wilson had a couple nice catches. Other than that….Not much to write home about. I will say that Tua being under pressure all night affected the performance of these guys.

TE’s — F : Not having any catches is OK when your blocking is going well. Not having any catches and having your blocking suck all not is not a good mix. A total failure by these guys.

OL — F : Can someone please cut Eichenberg right now? Please? I cannot believe we traded up for that bum. He has failed at tackle, guard and center now. Awful football player. Nice pick Grier. Cotton wasn’t much better when he got into the game. The injuries to this OL caught up to us tonight.

DL — C + : I thought these guys did a decent job tonight against the run and the pass tonight. No one is stopping the Brotherly Shove anytime soon….So I don’t really hold that against these guys. Wilkins was active all night and I like the way he plays when he’s pissed off. A solid effort that could have been better with better play calling in my opinion.

LB’s — B - : This loss wasn’t on the defense and the LB’s were a big part of that. Phillips and Chubb were active and causing problems for Philly all night. Long had his best game as a Dolphin by far until his concussion. Again, I didn’t like the play calling by Fangio and I thought we should have pressured more.

DB’s — C - : We missed Howard tonight and I can’t wait until Ramsey gets back on this defense. We need them both. Kohou was decent tonight as was Apple. Neither played great though. Holland was just OK and hasn’t really been a difference make as of late. As a matter of fact, the only difference he’s made lately is knocking Long out of the game on his best night as a Dolphin. Disappointing. Other than that, nothing of note to discuss by these guys.

ST’s — D : The only reason this unit gets a D is because of Berrios. Bailey just sucked tonight. Period. Whatever happened to that guy that the Bills drafted and was let go because of a false rape charge? Also, great opening kickoff by Sanders. Both of them should be off this team as soon as the season ends.

Coaching — F : 10 penalties on the road? The coaching takes the blame in my book for a big piece of that. I thought Fangio should have blitzed more and to be honest, and I’m just not a fan of his system. Another team just hung 30 + on him and his system. I thought the Offense was extremely limited by the Bad OL play….But I thought McDaniel didn’t adjust very well.

Conclusion: We better get healthy soon, because if we don’t, we’re gonna get embarrassed by the Chiefs in Germany. I do want to say this about tonight. I’ve never witnessed an NFL game more one-sided by the referee crew than tonight. It really was pathetic. Would we have won if the refs were even decent? Probably not. However, that was a pathetic display of refereeing. Let’s hope we get healthy and take this loss out on the Pats next week.

Didnt see most of the game. Tuned in and saw 10-17 and the end of the third or so and on, but from my phone.

Thanks for the recap. Similar feelings throughout the board it appears. The OL needs to get its **** together. If the OL can get healthy we can play better overall I feel. But if we are working with a patch job all season it could get ugly. We HAVE to find someone besides eichenberg. Dude cant snap the ball either. Let Ulave play and put Eichenberg back at guard if he must be in the lineup

I need to see a replay of the Mostert / int, I thought it was just a bad decision/throw, hard to see the interference while driving lol

Also - what happened to Wynn?

We need Long back ASAP

TBH the game went exactly how I expected it to, minus the comically bad officiating. It is disappointing to see this defense get lit up by teams the Jets have completely stuffed. I’ve defended Fangio, but I don’t know how we are supposed to win when we give up 27 points per game. I will add that Holland has been a huge disappointment this year. Yes, he makes big plays from time to time. He is so inconsistent in coverage and tackling though.

I will add that maybe the Eagles OL is “so good” because refs let them hold or tackle guys from behind all game. Lane Johnson hadn’t given up a sack since 2020…ok, I also saw him hold Phillips like 6 times last night. Probably not a coincidence I’m sure.

Last edited:
I’m not quite as harsh as brother Zim, who I respect and love his weekly grade report.
We are playing second and third string back-ups in some spots against a very physical, reigning SB championship team. But I am extremely disappointed in 2 specific areas:

1. Self inflicted stupid penalties - I love coach McD, and hate Flo, but maybe we need to bring back the TNT wall. Or the McD version. We need to clean that **** up…now!

2. Raquan Davis- isn’t cutting it. He hasn’t developed into a force in the middle. I look to replace him in the off-season.

I agree with Zim regarding our RB performance. Mostert gave good effort (with no OL support) but I expected more from Wilson and Ahmed. Makes me really appreciate Achane and Brooks. We need them back (and healthy) to make a serious deep run in the playoffs and hopefully more.

Lastly, I’d like to see Tua get slightly salty at his OL more often.

Thought the D line played a little better than a C+, maybe a B. They just aren‘t a disruptive bunch that gets great penetration resulting in negative plays.
The O line was just awful, if there was a grade lower than an F they earned it. Negative 7 rushing yards in the first half is ridiculous and they couldn’t hold pass blocking long enough to exploit their secondary that had 2 starters out.

Yea, refs killed us. That missed facemask/P.I. on Wilson in the red zone, missed P.I. on the Tua pick, countless missed holdings calls by the Eagles OL. These would have all impacted the game. There was a missed holding on Chubb that resulted in an Eagles t.d.

I think we might have a very different outcome if these calls get made and Tyreek didn't drop that touchdown. Tua's stats would have looked different too.

Eichenberg was single handily responsible for at least a couple false starts or offsides, a couple bad snaps that resulted in dead plays, and a timing miscue for a running play where Tua basically took a knee. Dude has to go.

This game was winnable until late in the 4th.

Chubb and Phillips made their presence know all game against a very very good OL. The Eagles run game was non existent.

Eli Apple was getting schooled. I just can't imagine Cam Smith is worse at this point. We need something to happen in the secondary. Team throw at will on us.

We beat them 9 out of 10 times with a healthy team and better officiating.

Fangio was better than a F, I would argue maybe a C+. O was terrible as usual in big games. Admin F for not obtaining depth and keeping Eich on the roster when someone, someone, has to be better on a practice squad somewhere. The trade deadline is approaching, get an O lineman with some fire and strength.

I think the grades are too harsh. ST was good. Berries kept getting us good FP. The DL kept the great Philly run game to 2.9 yards per carry which is why the game was even close given all the penalties we had.

Mostert was not interfered with. It was a weird route and why are we throwing a jump ball to a RB? Bad play, confusion, but Tua can’t throw that there. He still presses at times.

A lot of these grades should be better. Particularly on D. Not A’s but not D’s and F’s IMO

I’m not quite as harsh as brother Zim, who I respect and love his weekly grade report.
We are playing second and third string back-ups in some spots against a very physical, reigning SB championship team. But I am extremely disappointed in 2 specific areas:

1. Self inflicted stupid penalties - I love coach McD, and hate Flo, but maybe we need to bring back the TNT wall. Or the McD version. We need to clean that **** up…now!

2. Raquan Davis- isn’t cutting it. He hasn’t developed into a force in the middle. I look to replace him in the off-season.

I agree with Zim regarding our RB performance. Mostert gave good effort (with no OL support) but I expected more from Wilson and Ahmed. Makes me really appreciate Achane and Brooks. We need them back (and healthy) to make a serious deep run in the playoffs and hopefully more.

Lastly, I’d like to see Tua get slightly salty at his OL more often.
Amen.

I think the grades are too harsh. ST was good. Berries kept getting us good FP. The DL kept the great Philly run game to 2.9 yards per carry which is why the game was even close given all the penalties we had.

Mostert was not interfered with. It was a weird route and why are we throwing a jump ball to a RB? Bad play, confusion, but Tua can’t throw that there. He still presses at times.

A lot of these grades should be better. Particularly on D. Not A’s but not D’s and F’s IMO
Sorry but this is PI:
1698064969520.png

Thank you. I don't understand how people say mostert wasn't interfered with. Yes it was a bad pass but it SHOULD have been bailed out by a bad play by the defense. That interception probably happens regardless but the fact is the defender stopped mostert from trying to make a play on the ball. That is PI every day of the week

Back
Top Bottom