Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 7 Edition

Thank you. I don't understand how people say mostert wasn't interfered with. Yes it was a bad pass but it SHOULD have been bailed out by a bad play by the defense. That interception probably happens regardless but the fact is the defender stopped mostert from trying to make a play on the ball. That is PI every day of the week
I didn’t see it that way in real time. Underthrown, kind of a mess there w a lot of guys having a right to the ball. I don’t recall our receivers complaining. But whatever - not the point. If Eichenberg doesn’t make 3 errors in a row we aren’t even in that situation. Back to my “it was the mental errors that lost the game” belief. We can clean them up and beat the Eagles

I need to see a replay of the Mostert / int, I thought it was just a bad decision/throw, hard to see the interference while driving lol

Also - what happened to Wynn?

We need Long back ASAP
Interception was most likely a result of Waddle running the wrong route. Probably designed to run a go and he ran a post leading to Waddle and Mostert ending up next to each other.

Slay saw the ball, left Waddle and it made for easy pickings cutting in front of Mostert.

If those routes were an actual play design, then it would fall on McDaniel.

Not bad for a game the league fixed and overhyped for ratings. We should be ready for the Pats who are coming of a high from beating the bills. I really think the coaching staff is managing the injuries and roster for a late season push. We have two HUGE AFC games coming up.

Really disappointed in the play calls from last night. Mostert has been on fire for running both inside and outside yet the calls were for all inside runs with backups all over the line. Swing it outside and keep it up, don't abandon the run because your stupid play calling isn't working. Change it.

The reality is if both PI plays are called correctly this is probably a different game. The PI/facemask on Wilson resulted in a turnover on downs instead of a 1st down inside the red zone and this one resulted in an interception instead of 1st and goal from the 1. I don't think anyone can deny the importance of these calls. Oh well, nothing you can do now except take it out on the Mac Jones and the Pats!

I was actually pretty impressed with our defensive effort last night. If anything, it bodes well going forward. I expected it was going to be a rough performance with Howard out, but our secondary wasn’t really abused. The front four got some decent pressure on Hurts, but sadly just missed in some sacks. Whenever Hurts bought the extra time from the missed sacks, that is when our secondary was weakest. We played the run extremely well against a dominant rushing offense.

We really can’t do anything about the non-calls. Looked to me like the Eagles left tackle was clearly illegally downfield on the Goedert TD. The long pass to Brown that sealed the win for the Eagles….man, that ball hung up forever. I really thought it was going to be intercepted. That’s the kinda play where we need someone like Holland to be in position to force a turnover.

We absolutely need to get healthy. I would have preferred to see Robert Jones in the game after the Wynn injury. Eichenberg was really poor last night, which was to be expected. Just have to hope Williams is back for NE.

I was really disappointed with our play calling in the first half. There were too many instances of targeting Tyreek at or behind the LOS. I want him downfield challenging backup safeties.

On the Tua INT, I said before the snap I didn’t like going empty backfield there. We should have kept someone in to help. Just had a feeling pressure was going to be in Tua’s face. Sure enough, it was.

How can you even give grades in a game like that?

Our WR's were being held and grabbed left and right last night. There were no more than 3 defensive PI's that the ref's let go.

The D was being held left and right which negated their play and extended drives.

As far as I'm concerned the only grade given last night should be a big ****ing "F" for the officials.

Next week is huge. Miami needs to rebound and get to 6-2 at essentially the halfway point.

Agree with most of this Zim. A couple of things on Tua. If Hill catches that late pass it's a touchdown. Tua's lone interception was clearly a PI on Philadelphia. I'd probably put his game in the B range, especially considering the poor play of the offensive line.

I agree the defense played well, especially considering Howard was out. Philadelphia is a tough opponent and the Dolphins D gave the team a chance. The pick 6 tied it up late.

Had officials made the correct call on the face mask, Miami might have been up 24-17 at that point.

Fangio had the defense ready to play. Not sure what adjustments McDaniel could have made. He came out running more in the second half and, for a while, the momentum was with Miami.

In the end, the Dolphins made too many mistakes. But they had a real chance against one of the best teams in the NFL.

Your best take was a F for the TEs. It was a pathetic performance.

Personally I think those grades a little harsh.

The oline was decimated by injuries against one of the best dlines. CB’s similarly in rough shape (Apple barely qualifies as a CB).

I believe we missed Achane tremendously to stress the defense horizontally which could have opened up inside running lanes. We couldn’t get outside of Reddick.

Personally I would give Wilkins an “F”. The roughing the passer, while questionable, never should have even happened. Add in two if not three neutral zone infractions and he cost us more yardage than he helped prevent.

Healthy and with professional referees and it’s a different game.

Back
Top Bottom