Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 9 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 9 Edition

I was curious on this myself. I feel like Gaskin doesn't break tackles well. Seems to get hit and go down.

So I looked it up. You can sort by rushing yards after contact per rushing attempt. He's definitely lower tier:

Very interesting. Good find. To be fair, Gaskin has to break a tackle or two just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

It is common to see a feature back go out and replacements have good production. It isn't uncommon to see a low performing RB go out and the replacements be, well, low performing. I'm an advocate of getting a solid productive RB, but the RB, by himself, won't make the run game much better
Yep. I think Miami could have five pro bowl linemen and still struggle due to the coaching issues.

Maybe an exaggeration, but maybe not.

It's amazing how long us fans have been talking about the importance of a run game.

Not blaming Gaskin, but Miami needs a back who can break tackles and dictate the run game to some degree.

Obviously, the team needs to get some help on the offensive line.
Maddening how many we passed up in the draft the last few years

Being 100 percent honest, living up in Northern Florida I don't get to see many games. I bleed aqua and orange but not sure I could take watching this team anymore anyway. Grier has got to go and Flores has lost complete control of the locker room. The pair of OCs are a complete joke as well as the OL coach. Yes there are players who give it their all on this team but in no way is it every player. I believe that things started going to sh*t when the Phins caved with X. How do you do that for one player? It set a presence for every other player on the team. You can't single out one player on a team, you win as a team and lose as a team

For those of you lucky enough not to have Dolphins’ season tickets. Consider yourselves blessed. With that thought….And Before I start I want to relay a tragic story that happened to me at the stadium today.

After parking in my spot to tailgate today, I went to use the port-a-potty for a few minutes. I had left my 2 tickets to the game on my dashboard…..Which was a huge mistake as I would find out when I returned. As I was coming around the corner, I noticed that someone had smashed my wind shield and put 2 more Dolphins tickets on my dash board!! Obviously, the Miami Gardens Police department is investigating and I’m confident the perpetrators will be brought to justice.

Now on to the grades:

QB — D : Not the best day for Brissett. 2 picks.. a QBR of 64. 5 and a lost fumble. Obviously, the OL was no help today….No rushing game….No real separation by any receivers. The OC couldn’t call a wet T-Shirt contest in Cabo. You know…The same things Tua faces every week. Anyway…..Brissett was not good today.

RB’s — D - : What do you get when you have undersized backs and the league’s worst OL? You get 40 yards on 24 carries. God-Awful. However, they are running behind a God-Awful OL. Gaskin did have 6 catches for 23 whole yards. Ugh.

TE’s — C + : Gesicki with 2 Highlight reel catches today. He impresses me. He’s definitely not used enough and we need to re-sign him ASAP. Smythe with 2 catches and Shaheen with 1. This was the best unit on offense today.

WR — C - : Waddle is the only guy that gets open on this entire unit. He ended up with 8 catches for 83 yards. That’s a nice day. Hollins had a TD which turned out to be a nice catch. Albert Wilson even had a catch today.

OL — F : Again. Pathetic. They are no longer worth the time to grade.

DL — B : Ogbah with 2.5 sacks against an OL that is almost as bad as ours. But still…A good effort. Phillips with a half a sack. Not a great day….But not a bad day by this unit. P.S. Christian Wilkins….PLEASE stop jumping on your teammates. Just stop it.

LB’s — B - : Not a bad day by this unit….But I was hoping for a lot more. Regardless, a nice pick by Baker to go along with a 5 tackle performance. Van Ginko had a sack and 4 tackles. Roberts had 3 tackles. Not bad.

DB’s — B + : Good day today. Multiple picks. Some sacks. Not bad at all.

ST’s — C - : Palardy still sucks. Huge 41 yard average today. Sanders was good. Holland fumbled…Which wasn’t a good sign.

Coaching and Front Office — F : Well….This OL is a joke…and nothing gets done about it. It’s way obvious to me that Eichenberg cannot play LT in this league. Jessie Davis would be lucky to be a Division 2 RT…And yet he’s still starting. The play calling is terrible. Oh **** it….It’s the same thing every week.

Disagree with you on Palardy today. True he averaged 41, but he also had a net of 41 and three punts inside the 20, one inside the ten and one at the one to seal the game. Not his fault his head coach doesn't have balls enough to kick 50 yard fgs, and Mike is punting from his own 39. That kills a punter's average, and Mike has had more punts inside his own 50 than any punter in the NFL. Edify. You know nothing about STs.

For those of you lucky enough not to have Dolphins’ season tickets. Consider yourselves blessed. With that thought….And Before I start I want to relay a tragic story that happened to me at the stadium today.

After parking in my spot to tailgate today, I went to use the port-a-potty for a few minutes. I had left my 2 tickets to the game on my dashboard…..Which was a huge mistake as I would find out when I returned. As I was coming around the corner, I noticed that someone had smashed my wind shield and put 2 more Dolphins tickets on my dash board!! Obviously, the Miami Gardens Police department is investigating and I’m confident the perpetrators will be brought to justice.

Now on to the grades:

QB — D : Not the best day for Brissett. 2 picks.. a QBR of 64. 5 and a lost fumble. Obviously, the OL was no help today….No rushing game….No real separation by any receivers. The OC couldn’t call a wet T-Shirt contest in Cabo. You know…The same things Tua faces every week. Anyway…..Brissett was not good today.

RB’s — D - : What do you get when you have undersized backs and the league’s worst OL? You get 40 yards on 24 carries. God-Awful. However, they are running behind a God-Awful OL. Gaskin did have 6 catches for 23 whole yards. Ugh.

TE’s — C + : Gesicki with 2 Highlight reel catches today. He impresses me. He’s definitely not used enough and we need to re-sign him ASAP. Smythe with 2 catches and Shaheen with 1. This was the best unit on offense today.

WR — C - : Waddle is the only guy that gets open on this entire unit. He ended up with 8 catches for 83 yards. That’s a nice day. Hollins had a TD which turned out to be a nice catch. Albert Wilson even had a catch today.

OL — F : Again. Pathetic. They are no longer worth the time to grade.

DL — B : Ogbah with 2.5 sacks against an OL that is almost as bad as ours. But still…A good effort. Phillips with a half a sack. Not a great day….But not a bad day by this unit. P.S. Christian Wilkins….PLEASE stop jumping on your teammates. Just stop it.

LB’s — B - : Not a bad day by this unit….But I was hoping for a lot more. Regardless, a nice pick by Baker to go along with a 5 tackle performance. Van Ginko had a sack and 4 tackles. Roberts had 3 tackles. Not bad.

DB’s — B + : Good day today. Multiple picks. Some sacks. Not bad at all.

ST’s — C - : Palardy still sucks. Huge 41 yard average today. Sanders was good. Holland fumbled…Which wasn’t a good sign.

Coaching and Front Office — F : Well….This OL is a joke…and nothing gets done about it. It’s way obvious to me that Eichenberg cannot play LT in this league. Jessie Davis would be lucky to be a Division 2 RT…And yet he’s still starting. The play calling is terrible. Oh **** it….It’s the same thing every week.
Thanks Zimmy! Appreciate the time! :UP:

Back
Top Bottom