Zim’s Grades Fro The Game: Week 9 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Fro The Game: Week 9 Edition

@Zim - you usually wait a day or two to post this after a win. I recommend doing the same after a loss, so your post comes across as more objective and not emotional.

It is what it is with this team.
They are good to very good at times, but not really ever great (minus beating up some bad teams).
Of course, with the offense and its playmakers, and some on D, they can definitely beat anyone.
It is what it is with team.
Again.

It’s F across the board. We lost to a good team again lol. Obviously I’m exaggerating but who cares if a certain group gets a high grade when we lose.

You’re being too generous to the WRs and not giving the defense enough credit. That unit deserves a few A’s. Pacheco always runs hard and picks up extra yardage you wouldn’t expect from a back his size. I thought the DL in particular was stout and Chubb/Sieler got in there quite a bit. Ramsey kept his side of the field relatively clean again, and Kader and Howard made some plays. Elliot was also a huge factor in shutting Kelce down — this team ALWAYS gets destroyed by elite TEs. Not today.

Tyreek had another big drop and a fumble-6 that was THE difference on the scoreboard. I don’t know the deal there for sure, but apparently Ced Wilson ran the wrong route on the biggest play of the game before the biggest play of the game.

If Tua was “bad” today then so was Tyreek. Personally, I thought Mahomes and Tua were equally underwhelming today.

The defense overall played elite second half football. The cushion we give at times really irks me but Fangio gets a huge A today while McDaniel earns an F.

The resources they have invested in WR makes it imperative that they win games. They need more from them in games like this.

Cannot get an A if you allow 21 points. That's not an A.
Dude
You clearly don’t watch our games so don’t comment
Our D was awesome, gave up only 14 in the first half
Now go drink your milk and eat your cookies and go to bed sweetheart
Come on dude, I’ve seen your posts, you’re better then than that

The frustrating thing is how Miami could have won this game. Despite a bad start and being down 21-0. Despite the fact that Tua missed some throws he usually makes.

So, in that sense if Miami can play a clean game you've got to think they can beat anyone. Kansas City looks beatable. Good, but beatable. I think the AFC is up for grabs.

Obviously, the Dolphins are going to have to beat some good teams to change the narrative. It also looks like officials are going to allow teams to be physical with the Dolphins receivers. So, Miami has to get that run game going again and find other ways to be effective on offense.

The offensive line was atrocious in the first half and better in the second. I think that unit is most to blame for the loss. Although it was an uncharacteristically bad game for Tua as well.

There were a lot of missed opportunities in this one. The lame duck throw late by Tua is usually a sure touchdown for him. That was schemed up perfectly by McDaniel.

I thought Miami came out flat, but I do think McDaniel made good adjustments going with the short passing game in the second half.

The defense gave the Dolphins a chance.
Biggest factors for home field advantage are weather, crowd noise, refs: Refs were on our side this time unlike philly game; weather neutral. How much is crowd noise the common factor in our road game woes? We had to burn a cpl of timeouts explicitly for this, but who knows what other miscommunications played out as a result. I wonder if mcd needs to simplify or adjust his nomenclature to make it easier to distinguish in loud environs, an interesting data exchg puzzle. In any case -definitely- practice to deal with noise, either with loud speakers, or if you wanna save ears, use ear plugs

Defense was biggest plus by far -- very positive about their direction. Offense I think they ditched running wide right too late (no rob hunt). Also need to handle blitz packages better, not a dumpster fire but not good enough. And Tyreek needs to play like himself. That plus reduce penalties == fins win

1. Something seems wrong with Waddle, it was worse after his ankle was rolled up on. I'm wondering if there are some injuries piling up on him.

2. Defense is playing very well....across the board.

3. I'm noticing that Tua appears to lack the decisiveness that he usually shows against lesser teams. I'm curious if these teams are more effective at taking away his first read and he starts to panic. Just watch his body language in the games very very different.

4. We are far too cute with our play calling....it needs to end.

5. Mostert needs Arcane, the combination is lethal. Ahmed is a loss waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom