Zim’s Grades Fro The Game: Week 9 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Fro The Game: Week 9 Edition

I would give the defense a B+.
Giving up a 95 yard scoring drive drags it down from an A.

And even though I would not consider it defense, the special teams blocking on punts is like watching cheerleaders block- #24 is a piece of garbage out there. Get his sorry ass off the field.

For me it is simple.

Offense D-

Defense A

The defense kept the team in the game vs a very tough offense. While the Dolphins offense made too many mistakes and basically crapped the bed for the 3rd time this season vs a good defense.

I don’t think I have ever seen Zim’s grades out this quickly after a game, he must be really hot.

This biggest fail in this game to me was once again coaching. The offense was flat and looked completely unprepared to play.

In year two how we have not corrected the issue of getting plays in on time is simply embarrassing. The Play-calling also seemed completely out of sync the whole game.

The defense played well but let’s be honest there is an insane amount of talent out there. Dropping Chubb and Phillips is pure comedy.

Tua choked big-time at the end for the second week in a row and he missed many throws throughout the game. However to be fair both Hill and Waddle had big time drops that would have altered the game.

On the plus side the media is going to absolutely destroy us this week and most of it will be deserved. Hopefully what this will do is focus this team to perform better.

We desperately miss Achane.

We are frauds until we prove otherwise.

Defense was outstanding the second half and gave the offense a chance to win this game. They yielded 14 points to the best QB in the NFL.
LB,s other than Baker made plays all day, the D Line played very well. Both should get A minus.
The secondary also played great, I know KC receivers are average but again they played to an A level.
Offense sucked today and that last drive was a heartbreak. Everyone had a role in stalling the offense.
McDaniel called too many lateral passes against a defense that was playing up on the receivers and made it difficult for TE and other receivers to make the blocks needed. The offense operated behind the sticks most of the day due to poor play calling on first down. We were hideous on 3rd downs because of early down failures.
Tyreek’s fumble was THE biggest play of the game. Absolutely killed us. One other thing Tyreek when it is 3rd down and you catch the ball for a first down don’t run backwards.
The holding penalties, Tua missing too many open receivers, dropped passes, bad snap…just an all around terrible job.
F’s all around on that side of the ball.

1. Something seems wrong with Waddle, it was worse after his ankle was rolled up on. I'm wondering if there are some injuries piling up on him.

2. Defense is playing very well....across the board.

3. I'm noticing that Tua appears to lack the decisiveness that he usually shows against lesser teams. I'm curious if these teams are more effective at taking away his first read and he starts to panic. Just watch his body language in the games very very different.

4. We are far too cute with our play calling....it needs to end.

5. Mostert needs Arcane, the combination is lethal. Ahmed is a loss waiting to happen.
Waddle is very physical
He’s probably been banged up since earlier this season but he’s a gamer and continues to play
I said earlier that Mostert is so much more explosive when Achane is in the lineup
I fear McD is believing his own press

Cannot get an A if you allow 21 points. That's not an A.
This is where actually watching the game (which you admitted you didn't) actually means something. Our defense gave up 14 points. 7 was on a fumble return. So if you want to put that 7 on the defense, that's on you.

1. Something seems wrong with Waddle, it was worse after his ankle was rolled up on. I'm wondering if there are some injuries piling up on him.

2. Defense is playing very well....across the board.

3. I'm noticing that Tua appears to lack the decisiveness that he usually shows against lesser teams. I'm curious if these teams are more effective at taking away his first read and he starts to panic. Just watch his body language in the games very very different.

4. We are far too cute with our play calling....it needs to end.

5. Mostert needs Arcane, the combination is lethal. Ahmed is a loss waiting to happen.

Ds have started disrupting the timing/rhythm. TT/Mcd have to adjust

This is where actually watching the game (which you admitted you didn't) actually means something. Our defense gave up 14 points. 7 was on a fumble return. So if you want to put that 7 on the defense, that's on you.

Sorry about that. A game by the defense.

If you ever wanted to witness a game that would just piss you off…I present the Dolphins - Chiefs in Germany. We were no where near ready to play that game and that is on the coaching staff. We got completely tooled in the first half. Regardless, the title of “Frauds” is gonna stick with us for awhile. On to the grades.

QB — D : Tua was nowhere near his best today. An argument can be made that he was nowhere near mediocre. I would have to agree. The Chiefs made him look well below average all day. 21 of 34 for 193 is not a great day. Another argument could be made that a D here is too generous. I might agree with that too.

RB’s — C : That’s gonna be the best grade on the offense. Mostert had a good second half but did nothing in the first. The Salvon Ahmed experiment is now over as far as I’m concerned. Not a great day for this unit at all.

TE’s — D - : Again, I think I’m being generous here. Yes, Smythe had 3 catches for 17 yards. However, this was easily his worst day as a blocker. If he makes the block on the outside throw to Hill we don’t have the fumble and don’t go into the half down 21. He was almost unnoticeable everywhere else.

OL — D : I’ve said it before, the snapping issue is going to cost us. Well, today it did. Would we have tied it? Who knows….But not getting the snap right is just a horrendous play. As for the rest of the day, I thought the OL was putrid in the first half. They played better in the 2nd, but not great.

WR’s — C : Tyreek had 8 catches for 62 yards today. They were on him like a blanket all day. Waddle was a little banged up but got 3 for 42. Ced Wilson had a nice TD… Not the worst day for this unit….But not great.

DL — B : We allowed 93 yards rushing and only 185 yards passing to Mahomes. A decent day for these guys in general. While only Chubb and Phillips had sacks, it was nice to see the DL stop the run for the most part and for Sieler to pick up the fumble.

LB’s — B : As mentioned, Chubb and Phillips had our only 2 sacks. They played a good game but I would have liked to see more pressure. No matter, the defense and especially the LB’s played well enough to win this game.

DB’s — B : Another unit that played well enough to win. X was active today and Mahomes avoided Ramsey most of the day. Good job by this crew.

ST’s — B : I thought Berrios shouldn’t have fair caught that last punt. Bad decision as far as I’m concerned. Bailey did a nice job punting and Sanders made his 2 PAT’s

Coaching — D - : McD still has no answer for the better defenses in the league. We weren’t ready to start this game and it cost us. There has been an issue with the snap all year…Still nothing has been done. Stupid penalties today killed us. Someone….Please tell me why on 3rd and long…When you know they’re bringing pressure, why you don’t mix in a screen? Where was the hot route today? Why would you ever have Chubb or Phillips out in coverage on Kelce or a RB? What the **** is Fangio thinking? Say what you will….But this loss is on our coaching staff. Period.

Conclusion: A really bad loss to a team we needed to beat. The fact of the matter is we are probably going to be on the road for the playoffs. What is infuriating to me is we could have won this game had we been ready to go in the first half. Again, I blame the coaching here. Now, as we head into our bye week, we get to deal with the “Fraud” title from the media. My problem right now is that they’re probably right.

Hard to disagree coach Zimm. Thank you for the breakdown!

Defense played about as well as you could have hoped. As soon as our defense starts to step up , our offense takes a step back. What really worried me was the fact that we had Connor and Armstead out there and played like that. Tua has to play better. I still have supreme confidence that we will figure it out . As others have pointed out our offense does not travel well, any significant crowd noise results in miscues and our rhythm is off. We really needed this game but our defense is getting better by the week and I hope our offense figures it out.

Back
Top Bottom