Zim’s Grades Week 11 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 11 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We all know this was a game we were supposed to win. So.... Even though we beat the Jets (which is always fun) .... It was something we were supposed to do. Good teams win the games they’re supposed to win. As of this writing, the Miami Dolphins are officially a good team in the NFL. On to the grades.

QB - B : Not a bad game by Fitz. He was efficient. No interceptions. 2 TD’s. Not bad at all.

RB’s - D - : WTF was that? Brieda fumbles. Laird Fumbles. No one was effective. Admittedly, there weren’t many holes to run through, but the RB’s as a group were just plain bad yesterday. There is no way that Flores is happy with this group.

Devante Parker - A : The rest of the receiving group doesn’t deserve to be mentioned here. If it wasn’t for Parker, we wouldn’t be able to move the ball down the field. Nice job by Devante.

TE’s - B- :A beautiful TD catch by the most inconsistent TE in the league (AKA Mike Gesicki) and another by Adam Shaheen gets the B here. Gesicki had another catch early in the game that was nice. I really wish Gesicki would be more consistent.

OL - F : This unit is regressing. Period. Flowers has played horribly the past 2 weeks. Hunt was not good. There were almost no holes to run through. The pass blocking is terrible. I’m actually concerned about this unit....Very concerned.

DL - B + : Nice to see Wilkins back. He was noticeable yesterday. Except for a few big runs by Gore, this unit shut it down yesterday. Nice job.

LB’s - B : A nice outing by this crew. Baker was good yesterday. Roberts with a great 4th down stuff. Van Noy was good. You gotta be happy in general with these guys.

DB’s - A : X is a first team all pro. Plain and simple. He’s the best DB in the game this year. Highly impressive. Jones played well on the other side. The other Jones showed up at safety and Nik Needham played a very solid game again. This is the best unit on the team and might be the best backfield in the NFL.

ST’s - B+ : Sanders is a weapon and is probably the best kicker in the game right now. No real returns to speak of. Haack was average yesterday.

Coaching and Front Office - B : Good game plan. I like that we tried the hurry up a little. This was a game we should have won. Good job by the coaches over all.

Last edited:
We all know this was a game we were supposed to win. So.... Even though we beat the Jets (which is always fun) .... It was something we were supposed to do. Good teams win the games they’re supposed to win. As of this writing, the Miami Dolphins are officially a good team in the NFL. On to the grades.

QB - B : Not a bad game by Fitz. He was efficient. No interceptions. 2 TD’s. Not bad at all.

RB’s - D - : WTF was that? Brieda fumbles. Laird Fumbles. No one was effective. Admittedly, there weren’t many holes to run through, but they RB’s as a group were just plain bad yesterday. There is no way that Flores is happy with this group.

Devante Parker - A : The rest of the receiving group doesn’t deserve to be mentioned here. If it wasn’t for Parker, we wouldn’t be able to move the ball down the field. Nice job by Devante.

TE’s - B- :A beautiful TD catch by the most inconsistent TE in the league (AKA Mike Gesicki) and another by Adam Shaheen gets the B here. Gesicki had another catch early in the game that was nice. I really wish Gesicki would be more consistent.

OL - F : This unit is regressing. Period. Flowers has played horribly the past 2 weeks. Hunt was not good. There were almost no holes to run through. The pass blocking is terrible. I’m actually concerned about this unit....Very concerned.

DL - B + : Nice to see Wilkins back. He was noticeable yesterday. Except for a few big runs by Gore, this unit shut it down yesterday. Nice job.

LB’s - B : A nice outing by this crew. Baker was good yesterday. Roberts with a great 4th down stuff. Van Noy was good. You gotta be happy in general with these guys.

DB’s - A : X is a first team all pro. Plain and simple. He’s the best DB in the game this year. Highly impressive. Jones played well on the other side. The other Jones showed up at safety and Nik Needham played a very solid game again. This is the best unit on the team and might be the best backfield in the NFL.

ST’s - B+ : Sanders is a weapon and is probably the best kicker in the game right now. No real returns to speak of. Haack was average yesterday.

Coaching and Front Office - B : Good game plan. I like that we tried the hurry up a little. This was a game we should have won. Good job by the coaches over all.
Excellent assessment. I agree with all of your grades

Agreed all around really

D line and LBs could’ve played better truly, feel like we still gave up too much to the run

Not certain the problem with the OL. Rooks hitting the wall? DCs seeing weaknesses? Banged up? Whatever the problem, playing poorly.

RBs? Hope Gaskins can help

I would probably bump up the rbs and oline a bit and downgrade qb a bit. Otherwise pretty fair

Nicely done. Really look forward to these.

One of the best games of the year for the linebackers. Fantastic read, react and close by Roberts. He's made some big plays for Miami.

I love the way Needham and Raekwon Davis are developing.

I would score the running game higher, but like you am concerned with the poor recent play of the offensive line.

Agree on pretty much everything.

The oline is big time concerning. Drafting a guy like Leatherwood or Humphrey with our second 1st rounder looks probable.

I don’t see this as a probability. We have a 2nd round rookie. Starting currently at RT. If he was bad enough, he wouldn’t be in the game at all. He would be buried in the depth chart.

The line hasn’t been great, but to me the main culprit has been Jessie Davis. He was solid at the start, but when at guard he has been an absolute train wreck. Kindley needs to get healthy. I could see the draft of IOL in round 2 or 3. But I don’t see the tackle position that high with the amount of bigger needs with have.

I agree with most of your grades, but you are grading the OL and the RB too harshly. D. Wash. Deserves a B- if you grade just him. He helped us control the clock with some tough running in the 4th quarter despite the Jets knowing what was coming. Even the fumbling twosome deserves a little bit of credit D+/C- for them. As a group I would go with C.

Karras and Jackson are turning in credible performances. Davis is getting over powered, and Flowers has been average at best. Hunt is struggling, but this is a rookie that could not even crack the starting lineup for the first four games. The performance of the unit was not what I want to see, but it probably deserves a C/C-.

Not certain the problem with the OL. Rooks hitting the wall? DCs seeing weaknesses? Banged up? Whatever the problem, playing poorly.

RBs? Hope Gaskins can help
IMO it starts with Karras. There are issues all over the place with missed assignments and confusion with blitzes/stunts. It’s the center’s job to be making the protection calls.

I think the next biggest issue is that DCs have simply figured our OL out. Have to remember it featured 4 new starters week 1. The tape is out there now and it has become fairly clear where are weaknesses are.

Fitz deserves higher grade. He faced lots of pressure plus spread the ball around. I probably give ST a A just on Sanders all those 50 yard field goals gave us a huge edge in this game.

Back
Top Bottom