Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 3

Also impressed with Iggy. Maybe the light is finally going on. He's always been that guy who often had good coverage, but didn't play the ball well. Last night, he got his head around and made a great play on one pass, looking a lot like X. Howard on the play. Fingers crossed with him.

Going to be some really tough roster decisions. I do think Miami has to keep three quarterbacks with the way Thompson has played. He was helped out by Long on one touchdown pass, but his poise is really impressive for a rookie. Ahmed and River Cracraft might make the practice squad. Both showed up last night, Ahmed's speed is obvious, Cracraft did drop a pass but played well. I can't find a spot on the roster for either, though. Bowden has outplayed Cracraft IMO and adds to the return game. Gaskin, Edmunds and Mostert are all ahead of Ahmed.

The offensive line looked outstanding. Again, I know the Eagles rested their starters but still.

Nice post. I’ve rewatched the sack a few times and I don’t think that’s on Tua. Jackson got beat around the edge pretty cleanly and his QB took a big shot as a result. I still don’t l know if I trust this guy to be a blindside protector.

Agree w you on Thompson. Surely he’s made the team? That TD to Long was a dangerous throw but the kid somehow keeps making plays
Plus, got to love his poise. He doesn't seem to get rattled. Agree on the Long play, that's a pass that he probably shouldn't have thrown.

Good stuff Zim.

What’s going on with Brandon Jones, is he still projected to start at safety?
I think that's one of those situations where the term "starter" is really irrelevant. Holland is without question the FS, with Rowe and Jones getting snaps situationally, and in "packages". Most of the time after first down (assuming no big gain) we bring in extra DBs, Jones/Rowe both playing prominent roles.

I think snap counts are more relevant here, rather than who is on the field for the initial snap (starter).

you are a stand-up guy!
Thanks Brother. I try not to be biased and call it as I see it. Last night….For the first time…I actually saw Iggy play with confidence. I don’t want to go overboard….But he might be improving and is probably on our 53.

Also impressed with Iggy. Maybe the light is finally going on. He's always been that guy who often had good coverage, but didn't play the ball well. Last night, he got his head around and made a great play on one pass, looking a lot like X. Howard on the play. Fingers crossed with him.

Going to be some really tough roster decisions. I do think Miami has to keep three quarterbacks with the way Thompson has played. He was helped out by Long on one touchdown pass, but his poise is really impressive for a rookie. Ahmed and River Cracraft might make the practice squad. Both showed up last night, Ahmed's speed is obvious, Cracraft did drop a pass but played well. I can't find a spot on the roster for either, though. Bowden has outplayed Cracraft IMO and adds to the return game. Gaskin, Edmunds and Mostert are all ahead of Ahmed.

The offensive line looked outstanding. Again, I know the Eagles rested their starters but still.

When he TURNED HIS head and swatted that pass away i felt like a proud daddy. I was yelling "Finally!"

Perhaps the kid can turn into something salvagable.

Now imagine Waddle in there with Hill. I’m so excited to see this offense. It’s going to be high octane with all that speed.

Oh it's going to be nasty! That go-route by Hill automatically took like 3 defenders with him.

Waddle on a drag type route is going to eat! Not to mention that cross field release type action with a guy like Morsert etc..

If the OL can do it's job we're going to be getting chunks at a time.

When he TURNED HIS head and swatted that pass away i felt like a proud daddy. I was yelling "Finally!"

Perhaps the kid can turn into something salvagable.
At the stadium, I will watch the Dolphin sidelines during breaks with my Binoculars. I’ve watched Iggy a lot. Normally, he’s sitting alone and not involved too much with his teammates. Last night he was talking, congratulating guys, out on the field giving high fives. It really was a different Iggy. I actually have a little hope with him. Again, I’m not going to say he’s going to make everyone forget his first 2 years yet….But he might end up being a decent CB. We’ll See.

Great post but I believe we have not seen the MADDNESS.

IN WALKS WADDLE!!!

Austin blocked the end long enough for Tua to step up in the pocket. Tua rolled left right into the end, had he stepped forward or to the right that would not of been a sack. Sacks happen, and AJ has seriously improved, if you don't see it, im not sure you know what you're talking about in regards to oline blocking. AJ could have stayed with the.block a tad longer, but he did his job, plus his run blocking was sound especially on the long Mostert carry. AJ's play thus far is a massive upgrade over Jesse Davis.

Kadar Kohou needs to be on the roster, he plays sticky to his coverage and plays well. He's a longterm gem.

Looks like local guy Sonny Michel is done, no explosiveness whatsoever, was rooting for him as I too am a n American Heritage Patriot back in the day. Gaskin or Ahmed fit the mold for the offense better.

River Cracraft has been quite the surprise and gets open alot, albeit against backups but he always seems to make plays. Interesting battle for 6th wide out.

Swing tackle should be Little, our back up guards are mediocre at best. I'd look for a system signing from SF or LAR Olinemen brought in after cuts.

Interesting signing with Trey Flowers, I suppose that puts Hodge, Scarlett and Gustin on the waiver wire. Gustin played well, is he PS eligible?

Skylar reminds me of a young, much stronger and bigger Matt Moore. He's a gamer, is poised and has moxy, really wasn't expecting him to be much. I was wrong!

I'm pumped to see Waddle feast with Hill.

I think we whoop NE week 1.

Obviously it’s difficult to determine how to project this offense going into the regular season because the Eagles didn’t play any of their defensive starters.

Let’s not forget that the lone practice session these teams matched up ended with Miami’s offense whipping the Iggles defense (by most accounts) so there is that…… ;)

Back
Top Bottom