ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I haven't posted on this forum in quite some time, and I don't even lurk much anymore, but given the draft, I just wanted to check out all the ridiculously over-the-top reactionary threads that only FH can supply. And let me tell you, it didn't disappoint!

The main gripe I see is that we didn't draft any players in some areas of major need. Specifically, Nose Tackle. I agree it is a major need. Jeff Ireland agrees it is a major need. But the fact of the matter is, there was not a Nose Tackle available that the Dolphins thought would be good to great nose tackles once we got in the 2nd round. They likely only had two players at that position on their board: BJ Raji and Ron Brace. Unfortunately, BOTH were gone by their 2nd round pick. If Brace were still on the board at 44, I think he may have been the pick, but the Patriots jumped us on that. In fact, I think they were looking at Darius Butler at 44 as well, but the Pats screwed us on that as well.

So why would the Dolphins pick a player they think isnt all that good SIMPLY to fill a need? Sure it would satiate some histrionic fans on here, but in reality, it would set us back more, since a crappy NT is just as good as NO NT, and you dont waste a pick on NO NT.

Seeing as how the Patriots had already stolen the 2 guys they had targeted in the 2nd round, why run the risk of them coming back and stealing their coveted special pick Pat White as well? I don't think anyone has the right to complain about this. Fact is, he MOST LIKELY would NOT have fallen to the Dolphins next pick. The Patriots had much interest in White, and likely would have loved to keep him out of Miami with their next pick.

And since when is it a BAD idea to invest in a QB? I don't care, but I actually WANT them to continue spending 2nd round picks until that position is COMPLETELY solidified. We can't just sit here and hope and pray that Henne is the end all and be all of the Miami QB position. Sure, we all believe Henne will be the guy, but we can't be completely sure. And if we don't bring in someone to develop and compete with him, we will be in the same position we have been for years if he fails.

Just because talking heads say that White should be a 3rd rounder, doesn't make it so. He is what he is. He IS whatever value a team has placed on him. White was coveted by the consensus BEST DRAFTING TEAM in the NFL. That must count for something...

Additionally, the Dolphins are playing the odds. Doubling down on all the positions. If the draft is a crapshoot, and a 50/50 prospect at best, getting 2 young guys at the same position at around the same draft slot makes a lot of sense. You increase your odds for success.

END OF COMMON SENSE TRANSMISSION.

We now return to your regularly scheduled soap opera...

And your 2cents are worth what and why?

By you posting and bitching at those who don't agree, just add fuel to the fire you presume to dislike.

And your 2cents are worth what and why?

By you posting and bitching at those who don't agree, just add fuel to the fire you presume to dislike.

My 2 cents are worth 2 cents, just like everyone else's. I have the right to inject common sense into this form just as much as people have the right to ***** incessantly about whichever ridiculous dream scenario they had envisioned never came true...

It was like this after last year's draft and it is like this after every game we lose. Funny how people get mad when we don't pick their choices and don't run their plays. Reminds me of my friend's 12yo son when he doesn't get what he wants.

My 2 cents are worth 2 cents, just like everyone else's. I have the right to inject common sense into this form just as much as people have the right to ***** incessantly about whichever ridiculous dream scenario they had envisioned never came true...

So what makes your 2 cents worth more in common sense? What makes you think Parcells and company are going to be 100% on this draft? Going over past drafts from Parcells, he hasn't hit on all his picks. So whose common sense should I pay attention to? History that says less than half of his 2nd rounders pan out or that he's god in MIA now, and we should all sit down and shut up?
And next year, when MIA has no pass rush again, I hope you grace us here with your 2 cents.

I don't think people are upset because some dream scenario didn't come true. People are upset because a NIGHTMARE scenario came true.

Parcells and co. have been preaching about building through the draft. Then the draft rolls around and they lay a rotten egg. I just hope this draft doesn't set the team back like the Wanny/Saban/Cameron drafts.

Just my 2 cents.

So what makes your 2 cents worth more in common sense? What makes you think Parcells and company are going to be 100% on this draft? Going over past drafts from Parcells, he hasn't hit on all his picks. So whose common sense should I pay attention to? History that says less than half of his 2nd rounders pan out or that he's god in MIA now, and we should all sit down and shut up?
And next year, when MIA has no pass rush again, I hope you grace us here with your 2 cents.

Please do show me where I EVER said this draft would be a 100% success... I will give you every cent in my bank account if you can find any such instance in my original post.

Additionally, show me a Parcells draft where he completely whiffed on EVERY single pick in the draft. I don't think you willl find one. Unlike Wannstedt & Spielman, who whiffed one every pick on multiple drafts...

It was like this after last year's draft and it is like this after every game we lose. Funny how people get mad when we don't pick their choices and don't run their plays. Reminds me of my friend's 12yo son when he doesn't get what he wants.

Personally, the only guy before the draft I thought this team needed...was Brace. He's big and takes up space. And he's young. Fergy is a stop gap player whose getting older. IN a thread before the draft, I thought MIA should have traded DOWN...(ie NE) to get correct value for Brace.
This is my main complaint. White was a secondary complaint because it seemed he went to early.
There were reports NE worked out White and was willing/wanting to take him. But as I was told in the thread before the draft. You don't draft with the possibility that NE MIGHT take your pick.

I don't think people are upset because some dream scenario didn't come true. People are upset because a NIGHTMARE scenario came true.

Parcells and co. have been preaching about building through the draft. Then the draft rolls around and they lay a rotten egg. I just hope this draft doesn't set the team back like the Wanny/Saban/Cameron drafts.

Just my 2 cents.

How is this NOT building through the draft? If you didn't notice, we had NOTHING in the secondary before this draft... Now we have TWO great prospects. How is that not building through the draft? If these guys become good/great CBs in this league, and help us shut down TO and Moss, this draft was a success PERIOD.

Additionally, we needed WRs, so we GOT some WRs. The odds of one of them panning out is better than the odds of just one of them panning out. We will see if this gamble paid off for them.

In any case, almighty armchair GM, please show me a draft (given who was available at each position) that you actually would have been pleased with? I don't even think you can put one together that you would like. This draft was admittedly weak from the get-go. Unfortunately, most of the better players fitting our needs in the 2nd round were already taken by the time we picked.

Please do show me where I EVER said this draft would be a 100% success... I will give you every cent in my bank account if you can find any such instance in my original post.

Additionally, show me a Parcells draft where he completely whiffed on EVERY single pick in the draft. I don't think you willl find one. Unlike Wannstedt & Spielman, who whiffed one every pick on multiple drafts...

Thats like comparing apples to oranges. I do believe IN this FO. But they aren't god like. Parcells has one ring. He has built multiple franchises to be on the brink of a SB.
But your OP, made it seem like those who don't agree with this draft...or certain picks, had no common sense. And that you were the ALMIGHTY of Common Sense. Your 2 cents have as much chance of being right as my 2 cents.

Thats like comparing apples to oranges. I do believe IN this FO. But they aren't god like. Parcells has one ring. He has built multiple franchises to be on the brink of a SB.
But your OP, made it seem like those who don't agree with this draft...or certain picks, had no common sense. And that you were the ALMIGHTY of Common Sense. Your 2 cents have as much chance of being right as my 2 cents.

I am referring to posters who claim this entire draft to be a collosal Wansteddian failure. It is completely illogical to believe this draft is a failure of that magnitude. We DID address needs. MAJOR needs. We just weren't able to address ALL of them. And I laid out, given the circumstances, why the pick of Pat White made sense for them, and why people grossly exaggerating about his perceived value and this "reach" nonsense are being illogical.

Did you really want us to lose ALL THREE of our targets to the freaking Patriots?

gotta have a team willing to trade up to be able to trade down and get who you want. that didn't happen so we take vonte davis, by the time 44 came brace was snatched up by NE so tell me how they were supposed to get brace? when defences have trouble defending our wildcat w/white you'll see why we picked him.

gotta have a team willing to trade up to be able to trade down and get who you want. that didn't happen so we take vonte davis, by the time 44 came brace was snatched up by NE so tell me how they were supposed to get brace? when defences have trouble defending our wildcat w/white you'll see why we picked him.

Lets hope so. After the last NE game which MIA got handled. I see our defense younger, but I see NE getting younger also. And NE still has the weapons on OFF.
A rookie or Allen w/ a safety over the top against Moss or TO better work. All the while hoping our LB corp can stop the run game.
As for being able to trade down....CLE and NE had no problem ALL DAY doing it.

I am referring to posters who claim this entire draft to be a collosal Wansteddian failure. It is completely illogical to believe this draft is a failure of that magnitude. We DID address needs. MAJOR needs. We just weren't able to address ALL of them. And I laid out, given the circumstances, why the pick of Pat White made sense for them, and why people grossly exaggerating about his perceived value and this "reach" nonsense are being illogical.

Did you really want us to lose ALL THREE of our targets to the freaking Patriots?

How is calling White at 44 a reach? They say he's gonna be QB. Are you sitting here telling me this past year White was the 4th best QB in the nation? Again, if he pans out great. But you put the label on those who don't agree with you, does nothing but fuel the fire you wish to get rid of.

If anything watching J. Freeman for 3 years here in my city. Thought he was a reach when he was taken. Does he have upside? Yep. More upside than White? Hell yes. But he's raw, tell me how the 4th best qb taken in the draft isn't raw. Especially since Ireland has come out and already said White will be playing QB.

So with that reasoning...how am I being illogical?

BTW, whatever happened to a collegiate qb who had the arm and legs named Michael Bishop? Seeing players like this who had great college careers and make it to the NFL and get flushed out after a few years. Bishop was actually one of the top players the year he came out. He even went to NE if I remember right. But my point is...unless you can be smart and be athletic at the position you won't be in the league long.

Just my 2 cents.

Who says if it's a dream or a nightmare?

I realize we all have our opinions on the draft, but we are 1 day removed from it. Care to let the players play first?

Jeff Ireland answered my question in what his plan was. Last year was a big man draft, so we stocked up on the OL and DL. This year was heavy on skill position players, so we got our needs there.

None of us know what the future holds.

We didn't draft a NT...maybe that speaks loud and clear how the coaching staff and front office feels about Soliai and Cohen?

We didn't draft an OLB...maybe Wake is what we all want him to be. Remember some were quoted as saying Wake is like getting an additional 3rd round pick.

We didn't draft Duke Robinson...maybe Donald Thomas and Smiley are healing quite nicely? Maybe Shawn Murphy is showing the coaches something?

We took Hartline...maybe Cam's injury is more serious than anticipated?

We took White...who knows what kind of game plan we have in store with him. All I've seen from White is a solid arm, agile feet and the ability to win...he's ok with me.

We took Turner...Wilford did what last year? Our receivers caught how many TD's? Turner could be a red zone machine.

We had questions in our secondary...Vontae Davis and Sean Smith could be our CB's of the future, they both have the skill set to be special. Clemons is a good development project to possibly replace our over 30 safety with knee problems down the road.

Halbone drew comparisons to Fasano...multi-faceted tight end? Sign me up.

I'll wait till they play to make my judgement, but based on the talent in the draft and the potential talent we have, I'm happy with what we came away with.

Back
Top Bottom