ZT and JT...oh nO! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT and JT...oh nO!

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm glad im not the only one that has noticed this. they also noticed how ZT looks slow and lost this year and a lil bit the same for JT. I am very sad and scared at the same time. Next year our D can take a HUGEEE blow if either one of em goes down one level in there performance especially ZT. Next yaer, i think we shoudl go ALL D in the draft if we dont fill holes in our D via FA. I woudl love a S/DE/OLB in the first round this year but then the next position is left untouched unless the FA takes care of it. I am very worried.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81367

Dont be worried be happy!! I feel the same way man. I love Zach and JT and I believe they still have a few years left on them!

Zach Thomas has been and still is the HEART OF THIS TEAM, without him we go nowhere this year. THAT GUY IS ONE HELL OF A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I just wish we can use Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor properly.

Jason Taylor is not a linebacker, and Zach Thomas isn't a blitzing type of player.

We need to limit the amount of schemes and just use our players the right way.

sadly this may very well be true, however even if it is I still think we need to go O-line before anything else.

SR 7 said:
I'm glad im not the only one that has noticed this. they also noticed how ZT looks slow and lost this year and a lil bit the same for JT. I am very sad and scared at the same time. Next year our D can take a HUGEEE blow if either one of em goes down one level in there performance especially ZT. Next yaer, i think we shoudl go ALL D in the draft if we dont fill holes in our D via FA. I woudl love a S/DE/OLB in the first round this year but then the next position is left untouched unless the FA takes care of it. I am very worried.

I would not be apposed to going all defense. Our defense is getting up there in age and we need to infuse the team with some youth on the D-line and the LB core. Jason Taylor is not a LB and it shows big time. Z.T. We need a real OLB if we are going to play the 3-4

ZT n JT define the word veteran. Ther awsum and top the list of lbs and des.
I think they just hav this season and next both positions are very tough physical positions which is hard to play @ a high level when ur 30+

outlawd2u said:
sadly this may very well be true, however even if it is I still think we need to go O-line before anything else.
See, I disagree. IMO, drafting offensive linemen isn't always a good idea, because offensive linemen have a better chance of becoming a bust in the NFL than any other position.

Anyone can be super strong in college football and overpower their match up, but in the NFL, you need technique.

I say we look through free agency; to find proven linemen. But this time, we really need to find good linemen. Houck is a great coach, but he isn't a miracle worker.

Last year, we had a chance to get Tom Ashworth, Kevin Mawae, LeCharles Bentley, and Steve Hutchison. I even remember reading an article where Saban said he wanted to make a "big signing" in offensive linemen, and never did. Didn't happen. We ended up with Bennie Anderson and Shelton.

Vertical Limit said:
See, I disagree. IMO, drafting offensive linemen isn't always a good idea, because offensive linemen have a better chance of becoming a bust in the NFL than any other position.

Anyone can be super strong in college football and overpower their match up, but in the NFL, you need technique.

I say we look through free agency; to find proven linemen. But this time, we really need to find good linemen. Houck is a great coach, but he isn't a miracle worker.

Last year, we had a chance to get Tom Ashworth, Kevin Mawae, LeCharles Bentley, and Steve Hutchison. I even remember reading an article where Saban said he wanted to make a "big signing" in offensive linemen, and never did. Didn't happen. We ended up with Bennie Anderson and Shelton.

yup agree 100% we need a SS, a SLB and a MLB i think via draft. I am fine doing that via round 1-3.

SR 7 said:

dont worry veterans like them are not lost!!!

THIS IS THE DUMBEST POST.... not only does zach have the 13th most tackles in the league so far..... but out of the top 30 players in tackles, he has the most pass deflections with 5... no one else on the list even has 4.... i mean the dude has 26 tackles and ur saying he seems lost???

By the way.... The King of SmackTalk... Joey Porter has 5 TACKLES THIS SEASON.....

ZT= 26..... Joey Porter= 5

Just a little tidbit for anyone else who hates joey porter as much as i do
(talk smack to tj h. before the game... and then record .5 tackles and have tj score 2 td's)BOOM

and the beauty of it all....we have all of our day one picks. We can infuse D AND pick a round one O-lineman LT or center (we've negleted this area far too long)

ThaGame17 said:
THIS IS THE DUMBEST POST.... not only does zach have the 13th most tackles in the league so far..... but out of the top 30 players in tackles, he has the most pass deflections with 5... no one else on the list even has 4.... i mean the dude has 26 tackles and ur saying he seems lost???

By the way.... The King of SmackTalk... Joey Porter has 5 TACKLES THIS SEASON.....

ZT= 26..... Joey Porter= 5

Just a little tidbit for anyone else who hates joey porter as much as i do
(talk smack to tj h. before the game... and then record .5 tackles and have tj score 2 td's)BOOM

You mean C. Johnson. He was talking smack to CJ not TJ.

aesthetic said:
and the beauty of it all....we have all of our day one picks. We can infuse D AND pick a round one O-lineman LT or center (we've negleted this area far too long)

Yea i know that excites me. we have 1,2,3,4, and 5, (6th for joey unless he does wwell and its a 5th right?) and our 7ths as well?

Vertical Limit said:
I just wish we can use Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor properly.

Jason Taylor is not a linebacker, and Zach Thomas isn't a blitzing type of player.

We need to limit the amount of schemes and just use our players the right way.

WELL SAID VL. I feel they are much much more productive playing their normal postions. this shifting JT around sounds good and tricky but really JT will wear one guy down. keep him on the end and let him do what he does best.

Zach needs to be in coverage and stuffing holes like he is a machine at doing . he's not a blitzer and isn't about to become one. he looks poor at it and they should stop doing it

glad someone else is feelin that too

Back
Top Bottom