Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offense Will Be on a Different Level in 2024

A ton of negativity on here for the league's leading offense last year. First in yards, first in passing yards, 6th in rushing yards, and 2nd in points. Y'all are acting like it's Mike Sherman making Tannehill say "hut" or "hut hut" depending if it is a run or pass.

I for one am happy to have a QB and a HC/play caller going into year three together. How long has it been since we've had that? Consistency is huge, and will only help this offense get better and better. Throw in some more weapons and hopefully a serviceable at worst second round OL ... This is what almost every other fan base in the league wants.
Agree 100%! To me the big need is to keep everyone fresh for the end of the season and postseason. Last year Hill was gashed out at the end and pretty banged up. Use lots of RBs and lots of WRs and then when the games matter most use our fresh top weapons. If we can do that I think we will contend.

Yeah, it'll be several levels lower if they can't fix the OL. I'm not holding my breath.

Injuries had zero to do with that, huh?

I'm telling you. Some people want just really want to find something to be unhappy about.

It was the best offensive production the Miami Dolphins put up in a very long time. Best offensive production in the league. It's ok to be happy a bit.
Oh the injury excuse

This is the NFL and it’s full of injuries on every team. I’m so sick of people falling back on the crap excuse. Injuries are like assholes, everyone has one.

Man up already no one cares about your injuries

The offenses stats, especially scoring were padded by beating up on teams like Denver but it did get handled by the better defenses like others have mentioned. The success of this years team will run through our HC and QB. If McDaniel can figure out how to call the proper plays at the proper times and Tua can perform off script when things break down it could be an epic offensive output.

Every team gets stats padded by playing bad teams.

The Chiefs and Bills also paddextheir stats against Denver too.
Oh... Mt bad

Yeah, it'll be several levels lower if they can't fix the OL. I'm not holding my breath.

Fix the Oline'
Thats my whine.
I like to use it all the time. - LOL

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Aging Olmen are not a break.

Using the draft supplies us with a stream of young, new players for both development and immediate use. It is how we establish good depth players. It's part of the system that a good teams uses to manage and maintain their team's structure!

Drafting is the best way to get developmental OLmen (or players for any other positions for that matter).

Using FA is only an expensive, short-term fix that can disrupt a systematic method of player development.

Excuses and whines are a waste of time,
So quit wasting my time,
though I do like to rhyme. - LOL

Oh the injury excuse

This is the NFL and it’s full of injuries on every team. I’m so sick of people falling back on the crap excuse. Injuries are like assholes, everyone has one.

Man up already no one cares about your injuries
I'm sure the opposing DLs cared 60% of our OL was injured. That must have been fun.

You are not helping my insomnia dude. :oops:

Agree with your point about defense often getting a pass by fans while the offense typically didn't. Thinking back on the massive number of injuries in the 2nd half and Fangio trying to install his defense at the beginning of the year, they both showed signs of life. However, ST have been meh to horrible throughout McD's tenure.

And I hope Mastert is right that the offense will be on another level, but unless they add a lineman or 2 before training camp, hard to see how the OL will not be worse than last year.
We finished last season with 2 of 5 starters healthy. From that point to the start of this season it will be much improved.

I'm sure the opposing DLs cared 60% of our OL was injured. That must have been fun.
Don’t matter want opposing teams were happy about
The injury excuse in the NFL is old
ESPECIALLY among the fans

Don’t matter want opposing teams were happy about
The injury excuse in the NFL is old
ESPECIALLY among the fans
Chill a wee bit. It's not an excuse, it's a reality of the NFL. If Mahomes went down for 5 games we wouldn't bat an eye if they lost 3 of those games. If 60% of your OL, top pass rushers, and multiple offensive threats go down then why wouldn't you assume some losses.

Sure, all teams have injuries but they aren't all equal. Sometimes they pile up and it crushes a team. Ask the 49rs who had no QB vs the Eagles. Or the Broncos who had no QBs one game. Part of the game, and that part needs to be taken into account. No, it's not an excuse.

Also, I've been publicly critical of our strength and training staff. I don't think they do a good job of training the players to reduce injury.

Our offense was so dominate last year and we were playing for #1 Seed, I actually started talking trash to the wife how this was Miami's SB year with the #1 offense, etc. She gives me crap every year for getting my hopes up, get the kids pumped up, and then we're all disappointed. The oldest kid is out of school now and they haven't seen the Fins win a playoff game yet in their whole life.

I'll say I've learned my lesson, but I'll fall for it every year like I always do... :cigar

Just stop with the great #1 stats offense crap.
Its stupid. Its about wins and losses when it matters.
This offense was 1-6 against the good teams. And could only kick FGs against Dallas. When it counted the play calling sucked and the offense failed.
They couldnt even get the damn plays in on time.
In the KC playoff game down 3 scores they couldnt even run a hurry up offense. It was an embarrassment.
But lets celebrate because they scored 70 against Denver and beat a bunch of scrubs.

Using the draft supplies us with a stream of young, new players for both development and immediate use. It is how we establish good depth players. It's part of the system that a good teams uses to manage and maintain their team's structure!

Drafting is the best way to get developmental OLmen (or players for any other positions for that matter).

And you just stated my exact problem with the team not drafting any guards!

Just stop with the great #1 stats offense crap.
Its stupid. Its about wins and losses when it matters.
This offense was 1-6 against the good teams. And could only kick FGs against Dallas. When it counted the play calling sucked and the offense failed.
They couldnt even get the damn plays in on time.
In the KC playoff game down 3 scores they couldnt even run a hurry up offense. It was an embarrassment.
But lets celebrate because they scored 70 against Denver and beat a bunch of scrubs.
Right. Stats only matter in Fantasy Football. I made a post in an earlier thread with this example:

Last year Miami went 11-6 in the regular season and scored 70 points against Denver. Now imagine if Miami also scored 70 points in every other win with the exception of the Dallas game, but they lost that game because Sanders missed the winning FG. This would result in Miami being the #1 ranked offense by far and they would've shattered the scoring record. But, they would have ended up at 10-6 and missed the playoffs. Those stats would put them in the record books, but could you imagine the embarrassment that would go along with it? The best offense ever, and they didn't even get a Wild Card berth.

IOW, stats mean nothing; it's the wins that count. Wins get you to the playoffs and wins in the playoffs against good teams get you to the Super Bowl. Winning on the stat sheet is just like when Miami would "win" during the off-season... it didn't help them when they went on to suck during the season.

Back
Top Bottom