03 Draft Busts. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

03 Draft Busts.

jtsacksyou said:
good picks bold
bust underlined
best pick bold italicized
all IMO
some players i dont know... and some i feel are neither good nor bad picks and left them alone

1 Cincinnati Carson Palmer QB Southern California
2 Detroit Charles Rogers WR Michigan State
3 Houston Andre Johnson WR Miami
4 N.Y. Jets Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky
5 Dallas Terence Newman CB Kansas State
6 New Orleans Johnathan Sullivan DT Georgia
7 Jacksonville Byron Leftwich QB Marshall
8 Carolina Jordan Gross T Utah
9 Minnesota Kevin Williams DT Oklahoma State
10 BaltimoreTerrell Suggs OLB Arizona State
11 Seattle Marcus Trufant CB Washington State
12 St. Louis Jimmy Kennedy DT Penn State
13 New England Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
14 Chicago Michael Haynes DE Penn State
15 Philadelphia Jerome McDougle DE Miami
16 Pittsburgh Troy Polamalu SS Southern California
17 Arizona Bryant Johnson WR Penn State
18 Arizona Calvin Pace DE Wake Forest
19 Baltimore Kyle Boller QB California (on his way to busting)
20 Denver George Foster T Georgia
21 Cleveland Jeff Faine C Notre Dame
22 Chicago Rex Grossman QB Florida
23 Buffalo Willis McGahee RB Miami
24 Indianapolis Dallas Clark TE Iowa
25 N.Y. Giants William Joseph DT Miami
26 San Francisco Kwame Harris T Stanford
27 Kansas City Larry Johnson RB Penn State
28 Tennessee Andre Woolfolk CB Oklahoma
29 Green Bay Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State
30 San Diego Sammy Davis CB Texas A&M
31 Oakland Nnamdi Asomugha CB California
32 Oakland Tyler Brayton DE Colorado

Well I would agree with most, I still think I would rate Palmer, and LJ as better picks than Troy

CD13 said:
Well I would agree with most, I still think I would rate Palmer, and LJ as better picks than Troy
i know what u mean.. i just think to get that good of a player where they did makes it an unbelievable pick. hes the soul of that defense.

When I think of the 2003 Draft, I think of me wanting Miami to get Bob Sanders from Iowa. Because he was amazing in college, and look at him now. I'm from Iowa myself so a little bias there, but none the less, he's still an amazing player.

the '03 draft is very painful. why didn't we have a #1 that year? no #1, #2 eddie moore, #3 wade smith, #3 taylor whitney, #5 donald lee..... ouch.

GridIronKing34 said:
When I think of the 2003 Draft, I think of me wanting Miami to get Bob Sanders from Iowa. Because he was amazing in college, and look at him now. I'm from Iowa myself so a little bias there, but none the less, he's still an amazing player.

That was 04. I wanted Mike Doss in 03.

cowtowndick said:
the '03 draft is very painful. why didn't we have a #1 that year? no #1, #2 eddie moore, #3 wade smith, #3 taylor whitney, #5 donald lee..... ouch.

We gave up 2002's 1st Round pick and a conditional 2003 pick for Ricky Williams. Wanny and Ray Lucas (and end-of-season Jay) managed to put together a 2002 season that left us out of the playoffs, ran Ricky into the ground (500 fewer yards and 1.3 fewer ypc the next season), and gave Ricky enough yardage to make 2003's conditional pick a 1st Rounder.

Even with the lack of picks the average draftnick fan could have had a better draft than that moron. I remember him saying we didn't get the brand name or flashy players, but just real quality guys or some crap like that. Dumbest thing I've ever heard...

Flying Pencil said:
We gave up 2002's 1st Round pick and a conditional 2003 pick for Ricky Williams. Wanny and Ray Lucas (and end-of-season Jay) managed to put together a 2002 season that left us out of the playoffs, ran Ricky into the ground (500 fewer yards and 1.3 fewer ypc the next season), and gave Ricky enough yardage to make 2003's conditional pick a 1st Rounder.

that's right, thanks for the reminder.

jtsacksyou said:
good picks bold
bust underlined
best pick bold italicized
all IMO
some players i dont know... and some i feel are neither good nor bad picks and left them alone

1 Cincinnati Carson Palmer QB Southern California
2 Detroit Charles Rogers WR Michigan State
3 Houston Andre Johnson WR Miami
4 N.Y. Jets Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky
5 Dallas Terence Newman CB Kansas State
6 New Orleans Johnathan Sullivan DT Georgia
7 Jacksonville Byron Leftwich QB Marshall
8 Carolina Jordan Gross T Utah
9 Minnesota Kevin Williams DT Oklahoma State
10 BaltimoreTerrell Suggs OLB Arizona State
11 Seattle Marcus Trufant CB Washington State
12 St. Louis Jimmy Kennedy DT Penn State
13 New England Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
14 Chicago Michael Haynes DE Penn State
15 Philadelphia Jerome McDougle DE Miami
16 Pittsburgh Troy Polamalu SS Southern California
17 Arizona Bryant Johnson WR Penn State
18 Arizona Calvin Pace DE Wake Forest
19 Baltimore Kyle Boller QB California (on his way to busting)
20 Denver George Foster T Georgia
21 Cleveland Jeff Faine C Notre Dame
22 Chicago Rex Grossman QB Florida
23 Buffalo Willis McGahee RB Miami
24 Indianapolis Dallas Clark TE Iowa
25 N.Y. Giants William Joseph DT Miami
26 San Francisco Kwame Harris T Stanford
27 Kansas City Larry Johnson RB Penn State
28 Tennessee Andre Woolfolk CB Oklahoma
29 Green Bay Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State
30 San Diego Sammy Davis CB Texas A&M
31 Oakland Nnamdi Asomugha CB California
32 Oakland Tyler Brayton DE Colorado

Spot on except I'd say Leftwich was a good pick as was the majority starter in an 11-5 season this year.

Jaj said:
I remember him saying we didn't get the brand name or flashy players, but just real quality guys or some crap like that. Dumbest thing I've ever heard...

Seems pretty much how the Pats are put together (unless you mean the dumb part of his statement was that the 'Phins got quality guys).

I waited hours to see Eddie Moore get picked. I just told myself "Well, they must know something I dont. THEY are the football experts, not me." :rofl:

flintsilver7 said:
Dewayne Robertson is by no means a bust.

Although this thread IMO is one yr too early, robertson is definitely headed in that direction. It's all about the return on your investment and remember the

jests spent TWO 1st rd picks on him. Yes, it's not his fault their FO were idiots to do so (and to a lesser extent like spielman trading a pick for Carey), but he

was picked in the top five and his play has failed to come anywhere close to justifying that selection.

btw - where does robertson fit in their new scheme? He has no place so the potential for a colossal bust looms.

Back
Top Bottom