12. Jimmy Kennedy - DT Rams
14. Micheal Haynes - DE Bears
15. Jerome McDougle - DE Eagles
17. Bryant Johnson - WR Cardinals
18. Calvin Pace - DE Cardinals
19. Kyle Boller - QB Ravens
25. William Joseph - DT Giants
28. Andre Wolfolk - CB Titans

I'd take "bust" Jimmy Kennedy, who is on a mostly bad line in St. Louis. He's got Leonard Little, an alcoholic DE who really can't stop the run. He's got Anthony Hargrove, who is starting to improve but still is weak against the run. Ryan Pickett is OK but can't get off a block to save his life. If there are two players worth keeping from that line, it's Kennedy and Hargrove.

Nobody doubts the worth of Kevin Williams, yet Minnesota is bad against the run. Running to the inside, they're almost identical. St. Louis is much better at stopping the short inside run. Kennedy had as many sacks last year as John Henderson in less time, and St. Louis was better at stuffing the run and stopping the run inside. St. Louis was dead last against the run, but it wasn't inside. The ends - ESPECIALLY Little - are horrible against the run, and the Rams have no good linebackers. I watched team after team run to the outside on the Rams time after time. It worked and they couldn't stop it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl.php

If you doubt these stats, look at them. Miami's weakest spot was the right end. Its two best spots were up the middle (best in the league, thanks to Keith Traylor) and the left end (thanks to Taylor). Right tackle was weakest, probably due to rookie Roth and the DE rotation we used. Overall, due to a strong LB core and a strong line, Miami was 3rd in the league.

flintsilver7 said:
You're forgetting a few people, like Bryant McKinnie, Levi Jones, Albert Haynesworth, T.J. Duckett, Charles Grant, Lito Sheppard, Kendall Simmons, and most notably Javon Walker.

I didn't forget these guys, just noted a few of the most outstanding guys. All the guys you mentioned are good as well.

SMadison29 said:
Best pick of the draft
Good players
Busts
Verdict is still out

1. Carson Palmer - QB Bengals
2. Charles Rogers - WR Lions
3. Andre Johnson - WR Texans
4. DeWayne Robertson - DT Jets
5. Terrence Newman - CB Dallas
6. Jonathan Sullivan - DT Saints
7. Byron Leftwich - QB Jaguars
8. Jordan Gross - OT Panthers
9. Kevin Williams - DT Vikings
10. Terrel Suggs - DE Ravens
11. Marcus Trufant - CB Seahawks

12. Jimmy Kennedy - DT Rams
13. Ty Warren - DT Pats
14. Micheal Haynes - DE Bears
15. Jerome McDougle - DE Eagles
16. Troy Polamalu - SS Steelers
17. Bryant Johnson - WR Cardinals
18. Calvin Pace - DE Cardinals
19. Kyle Boller - QB Ravens
20. George Foster - OT Broncos
21. Jeff Faine - C Browns
22. Rex Grossman - QB Bears
23. Willis McGahee - RB Bills
24. Dallas Clark - TE Colts

25. William Joseph - DT Giants
26. Kwame Harris - OT 49ers
27. Larry Johnson - RB Chiefs
28. Andre Wolfolk - CB Titans
29. Nick Barnett - LB Packers (only LB taken in rd.1)
30. Sammy Davis - CB Chargers
31. Nnamdi Asomugha - CB Raiders
32. Tyler Brayton - DE Raiders

Sorry but Polamalu is the best pick not good player:shakeno:

dominizzo said:
Sorry but Polamalu is the best pick not good player:shakeno:

Polamalu is Amazing, but you cant say he was a better pick than the Franchise QB in Carson Palmer.

flintsilver7 said:
Ty Warren has been a starter, but not a star. He's an average player. For a 3-4 DE, he gets very few sacks. He's pretty good against the run, but he pales so much in comparison to Seymour. He's not a bust, but I wouldn't say he's a good pick either. Six sacks in three years is pedestrian at best.

Grossman is bad. I don't know what people see in him. He's got about half a season's worth of play - maybe a little less - with 4 TDs and 6 INTs. He's not accurate. His rating is 68.8. He's done nothing to warrant him being anything other than a first-round QB bust. If you're cutting him slack for being injured, then you had better consider Charles Rogers a "jury out" guy. He's done much better than Grossman (relatively) when he's been healthy.

I can't blame Bryant Johnson for what his quarterbacks do. When he's thrown the ball, he usually catches it. Johnson wasn't touted as a gamebreaker type of receiver. He is what he was in college. He's doing exactly what should've been expected of him. Boldin turned out to be a freak, and Larry Fitzgerald was more or less a can't-miss pick. Only this year did he have any kind of quarterback consistency - and even then that's not saying much. He's not going to excel in Arizona because there's about a 50% chance that a thrown ball is headed towards Boldin or Fitzgerald. The Cardinals had 669 pass attempts, with 336 headed towards Boldin and Fitzgerald.

warren is a gapper, the strong side end. he's not supposed to rack up sacks, that's the job of the olbs and the weak side end (seymour). i didn't say he was a star, but he's solid. i'd love to have him in miami.

i never labeled rodgers a bust. he and grossman are in the same boat- we don't know enough about them. it's the same w/ b. johnson. he has not proven to be anything more than a #3 wr, so his status doesn't warrant a worthy 1st rounder thus far.

Back
Top Bottom