'08-'09 Miami Heat | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'08-'09 Miami Heat

nice to see moon dropping some 3's - if he wants that starting spot, he's going to have to do more than play good D and dunk

couple interesting tidbits from the herald:

• Some post NBA trade deadline nuggets: Before the Shawn Marion trade, Phoenix approached the Heat about the idea of dealing Shaquille O'Neal back to Miami, according to an official directly involved. (The Suns considered moving Shaq because of his $20 million 2009-10 salary.) The Suns discussed taking back what they traded for Shaq -- Shawn Marion (who could have been rerouted by Phoenix to another team) and Marcus Banks. Miami had no interest in reacquiring Shaq. . . .

• The Heat spoke with Portland about Jerryd Bayless and Channing Frye, but the Blazers wanted more than Marion. . . .

• Stephon Marbury, who had been linked to the Heat, has committed to join the Celtics, the Boston Globe reported. Miami has shown no interest in Jason Williams, who wants to end his retirement.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/um/story/920040.html

I heard V.Carter was also offered for trade to Miami. Don't know if that had any substance to it.

Either way i'm pretty satisfied with the trade we did make.

I am surprised Miami wouldn't take JWill back in a backup role.

clear.gif

The Heat's Jamario Moon dunks in the second half of a game against the 76ers on Feb. 20, 2009.

Miami Heat's Jamario Moon is drawing comparisons to ex-Heat forward Shawn Marion

Since he was acquired from Toronto, Jamario Moon's path to playing time with the Heat has been paved with comparisons to the player he replaced at small forward.

Moon said he embraces the similarities to Shawn Marion on the court. Although he has yet to move into the starting role Marion held with the Heat, Moon has provided the same level of defensive versatility and athleticism Miami had grown accustomed to at forward.

But Moon said he tries to pattern his game more after former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen.

''We rebound and play defense, cut back door and catch those lobs for dunks,'' Moon said of the similarities to Marion. ``But I really try to do things Pippen did. That's why I wore 33 [in Toronto]. I wear No. 8 [in Miami] because it was [Pippen's] Olympic number.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/920039.html

anybody else getting sound from the hi-def sun station and no picture for tonights heat game?

here we go - down 6 - coach takes chalmers out - wade at the point, cook at the 2, moon at the 3, beasley at the 4 and udonis at center - lets go on a run

Has much has I like Chalmers I dont think he will be anything special.

Back
Top Bottom